Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling my 50 btc wallet dat. file with lost password - page 2. (Read 1711 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 1
worldwide ;Щ
try moonroof or sunscreen, either that or it's my favourite thing to drink.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
I would attempt to brute force the wallet, or if you had an idea of what the password might be, try iterations if it.  I would split 50/50 if successful.
You have any other proof, evidence, emailed receipts of purchase, documentation, something to prove it's legit?
OP is probably just trying to get a quick buck. Seeing as how they have been online recently but has restrained from posting any more and that they are choosing Telegram as a medium for communication, I would suspect that there is no .dat file.

And even if there is, like Forts pointed out, there's a contradiction between OP's statement (bought coins) vs. the fact that they were mined.
They probably just looked for some old and inactive rich wallets to try and pull a fast one. Don't waste your time. /thread
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
You have any other proof, evidence, emailed receipts of purchase, documentation, something to prove it's legit?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
I would attempt to brute force the wallet, or if you had an idea of what the password might be, try iterations if it.  I would split 50/50 if successful. 
Activity: 504
Merit: 297
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
@damirb602, I'll sell you this address: https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/3D2oetdNuZUqQHPJmcMDDHYoqkyNVsFk9r for only .01 BTC.  Cheesy

The address has almost 200,000 coins on it! Great deal for you.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
As previously offered,
I am willing to try and crack the wallet and send you 50% of the funds once (and if) the password was hacked.
I would although appreciate some btc in escrow (if possible) so that my expenses in cracking the password are covered.

Please let me know if you're interested in my offer, I'll shoot you some questions to help me out jumpstart the process.

Kind Regards,
~Zara
worldwide ;Щ
is the password your favourite thing to drink?
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.
Hello.
In good years bought 50 bitcoins and left them on wallet.
Before a couple of days I remembered where i had a wallet .dat file with address inside txt file (18KYtY7vSnPxDdNtr4pt1Sivkgnzebtp2Z).
Problem is only i can't remember password, tried a lot to remember but can't.
If someone is interested i can sell that file for 0.5 btc or give me the best offer.

Contact me on telegram @joebrower

Thanks.

Really sucks for something like this to happen... especially when we talking about nice stockpile of 50btc.

This is probably the best offer you going to get here:

You send me the .DAT file, I will ATTEMPT to recover the wallet. If I am able to do so then we split the coins. I will send 25 to you and keep 25 for myself.

Assuming your story is legit then this is a way better deal than trying to get 0.5btc for it.

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
First off...sorry to hear you are going thru this. It must be every Bitcoin users nightmare.

I did a google search and there are services out there that help people in your position.

https://www.coindesk.com/meet-man-will-hack-long-lost-bitcoin-wallet-money/

http://www.gobitgo.com/articles/1005/How-To-Recover-Your-Bitcoin-Wallet-Password/

I am not sure how legit these places are ..if they are still in business..etc.

Please do due diligence. That's a lot of Bitcoin to lose. Any kind of bitcoin lost is bad period let alone 50BTC.

I am sure there is someone out there than can help you. Again be careful as there are more thieves than friendly people out there. Goodluck
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
that scam is since 2013 ... so old
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
The problem is that a public key is worthless. All that it can be used for is receiving money. It is no more help than any public key. There is no path to your balance other than entering the correct password. So sorry man.
 Cry 
Merit: 297
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Aaaaaannnd done.
https://blockchain.info/address/18KYtY7vSnPxDdNtr4pt1Sivkgnzebtp2Z

Proof positive that the address has just over 50 coins. Cheesy

(BTW, do you know how many satoshis you'd waste in TX fees, sending that 1000? Better to use dogecoin, or something else.  Wink )
Activity: 166
I can offer 0.00001 BTC upon verification that the address holds 50 BTC
Activity: 182
Merit: 122
There are services which offer to help to recover you password but be wary which ones you go with because they could steal the btc in your wallet once they do their techniques on the dat file.
Try the wallet recovery group the above poster directed you too.
It is possible but it will take awhile to run it through these password recovery services.
Some have become successful in their attempts to recover their wallets in this way.
Activity: 217
I understand all the critics.
Instead of selling you might want to contact Dave. If he can’t recover it, then I doubt anyone can.
He work with a very reasonable commission, you will get much much more than you are asking.
Best part is that he don’t even need the entire wallet, only the header, so he cannot steal your coins. When he is done working he will tell you if he can recover or not.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-wallet-recovery-services-for-forgotten-wallet-password-240779

Dave will ask if you can remember anything about the password, any info wi greatly increase the chance of success.

Good luck

Yes, I have heard a lot of good reviews about Davebitcoin . He seems to be genuine . Joebrower all the best for your 40 bitcoins   Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 510
I understand all the critics.
Instead of selling you might want to contact Dave. If he can’t recover it, then I doubt anyone can.
He work with a very reasonable commission, you will get much much more than you are asking.
Best part is that he don’t even need the entire wallet, only the header, so he cannot steal your coins. When he is done working he will tell you if he can recover or not.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-wallet-recovery-services-for-forgotten-wallet-password-240779

Dave will ask if you can remember anything about the password, any info wi greatly increase the chance of success.

Good luck
Activity: 217
Hello.
In good years bought 50 bitcoins and left them on wallet.
Before a couple of days I remembered where i had a wallet .dat file with address inside txt file (18KYtY7vSnPxDdNtr4pt1Sivkgnzebtp2Z).
Problem is only i can't remember password, tried a lot to remember but can't.
If someone is interested i can sell that file for 0.5 btc or give me the best offer.

Contact me on telegram @joebrower

Thanks.

Sad to hear that you don't have the password of a wallet in which you have more that 50 bitcoins . But you have to try out all possible passwords like your family members name your birth date , etc. may be anyone of it might work . This is because when you yourself are not able to find out the password how do you expect others to guess it . More over 50 bitcoins is almost $350,000 and since you are a newbie no one will even buy the wallet for even 0.1 bitcoin.
I hope you understand .

Thanks
Activity: 43
it looks like my wallet, I have been mining coins and forgot them on HDD I have formatted later. I am sure those ARE mine! Thanx, you found wallet.dat file. Put it on site where i can download it.
worldwide ;Щ
696D2B20
BDCB5AB2A6731987
1B3B9A26A0D2C1447C43DFD949D10A6B40B6BA0D1C4AC7C89554D413997060FE
4AE4202EADE9553B162D97D192673C31CDA74963
E7E1C8E4BB4E0F155E8F1V9A0104D0988D98C69D3527AA3BE08467366EC6FDA6
Merit: 267
HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!
don't have to be a genius to see this is a scam.
a newbie account, too many grammer /spelling mistakes.
really, the pattern is always the same.
beware!
Pages:
Jump to: