Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 2. (Read 89304 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 28, 2022, 12:43:23 PM
Sending fake ID for KYC is a very illegal action, one can be reported to the authorities because of this.
If you are a bounty hunter who required to send ID for KYC, better to not submit anything at all and find other campaigns instead using fake ID to submit KYC. Submitting ID for KYC won't ensure that the project will pay us at the end.
And what, in your opinion, should be done in the event that the bounty campaigns are over, the bounty hunters have completed their agreed work, and after that the project team declares that in order to receive their tokens, it is necessary to go through KYC? But in the past, this was the case in most cases.
Did you know that requiring bounty campaigners to undergo KYC is itself illegal? According to the FATF decision of June 2019, KYC can be required only in two cases: in order to prevent money laundering and to combat the financing of terrorism. And only in cases where the amount of transactions exceeds one thousand euros. Since bounty campaign participants do not contribute their own money, they cannot be required to be KYC.
I haven't seen KYC checks for bounty campaigners for quite some time now. And it is right.
Since it's illegal to require bounty campaigners to be KYCed, I'm quite open to giving them fake KYC.
Activity: 585
Merit: 100
Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
April 28, 2022, 10:35:05 AM
that has always been my concern to always be careful in submitting personal data to any site. I've seen this fraud many times, I think it's because the KYC process is done automatically via bots, so even with photoshop they can make it work. Unless the process is done manually, or on a more trusted website in the world, like binance, or some other exchange they will definitely prevent that from happening. I believe in their exchange, will not abuse the data we use, because that's always research before doing KYC.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 28, 2022, 09:46:45 AM
What ID vendor do you recommend for KYC?
I know there are many legit ones and many scammers so all recommendations of real and good quality ones are appreciated.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 264
October 15, 2021, 02:34:09 PM
I am totally against kyc.  Because crypto is anonymous and banned in some countries. We cannot remain anonymous for KYC, which can lead to many different types of legal problems.  If a company wants to do user verification, they can do simple verification through telegram.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
April 20, 2021, 05:14:01 AM
It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

Exactly, if you are dealing with exchanges I would never risk providing false documentation and see my accounting get frozen.

Handing out false ID's is in almost any case a crime. Whenever you do it without the consent of the person on that document, it is instantly identity theft, no doubt about that.

Activity: 1190
October 23, 2020, 12:35:09 AM
Sending fake ID for KYC is a very illegal action, one can be reported to the authorities because of this.
If you are a bounty hunter who required to send ID for KYC, better to not submit anything at all and find other campaigns instead using fake ID to submit KYC. Submitting ID for KYC won't ensure that the project will pay us at the end.

Even though it's an illegal act. But because at first bounty hunters used multiple accounts or didn't want to do KYC. Therefore they use fake IDs, even if it's wrong. This is still done and strangely the fake ID is accepted by the project concerned That means the project is not properly scrutinizing.
Activity: 1260
October 22, 2020, 11:39:26 PM
Activity: 910
October 22, 2020, 01:17:40 AM
This has been happening for quite sometime now. And i don't think it's a wise thing to do. It's better you don't participate in bounties with KYC than join.and submjt.
I agree with you, do not participate in bounties with KYC. the issue of KYC for bounty participation has been widely discussed and has led to many different opinions from everyone. some people disagree with KYC, but some people have no problem with it.

as far as I am concerned, no serious problems have occurred due to KYC.
and I hope that in the future there will still be no problems arising from Kyc.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629
October 21, 2020, 08:55:38 PM
This has been happening for quite sometime now. And i don't think it's a wise thing to do. It's better you don't participate in bounties with KYC than join.and submjt.
Thats true, dont force yourself to comply and use fake id, its not a wise thing to do. You're just fooling them and yourself as well.

Better to not join at all because there are many projects who dont require kyc just to get your rewards. Keep searching and you'll find a project that is worth for your time and effort.
Activity: 260
Merit: 1
October 21, 2020, 08:03:04 PM
Activity: 868
Merit: 10
October 02, 2020, 06:02:24 AM
actually the KYC Process doesn't make sense because there's no way of really knowing who is on the other side with regard to cyberspace. it's just that fake ID doesn't help KYC in most of the ICOs. Now most ICOs need your selfie with the date and project name. So you need not only an ID, but a fake person.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
October 02, 2020, 05:31:22 AM
that's my first reason not to send KYC data to the wrong place. because I have the belief that any KYC data can be misused by irresponsible parties. So, I always avoid KYC for bounty or airdrop programs. but for the top platform maybe I can consider it.
Yes, and the average person here also thinks almost the same as you, because providing original data such as KYC to the project team, which in fact we don't know at all, will obviously be very risky if they use the data we provide for things not true.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
October 02, 2020, 05:25:01 AM
In the name of KYC, many project pretended with the participants documents which is very dangerous for the members of kyc senders as their personal documents are now on the hands of cheaters. I think there shouldn't have kyc in crypto world as crypto is annonymos. We should avoid kyc and if any project wants kyc in this forum, it should be tagged as red trust for ill motives.

Interesting.
I think the proper kyc model for Crypto world should be decentralized self-custody model. With this model, you fully control your ID or private info, and verification of the ID is done in pieces by different random verifiers... Or you don't send atall and the verification is done on your node (without the verifiers copying the information)
Activity: 887
October 02, 2020, 04:46:14 AM
that's my first reason not to send KYC data to the wrong place. because I have the belief that any KYC data can be misused by irresponsible parties. So, I always avoid KYC for bounty or airdrop programs. but for the top platform maybe I can consider it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
October 02, 2020, 04:33:33 AM
Our KYC data is very confidential, if our personal data falls to the wrong person, our data can be misused for things we don't want, therefore we must first review the extent to which they are keeping our KYC confidential

Have you ever thought, for a fraudulent project that does KYC, because it will be unsettling for the user because he has entered the real ID, because it could be misused by irresponsible individuals, that's why I speak like that, because there are so many projects that run KYC and when the prize is distributed there is no gift received by that person at all ..

So a good solution for KYC, whether for trade or Bounty project projects, in your opinion ??
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
YOUC | John McAfee Supports
October 01, 2020, 10:58:19 PM
I think fake ID can be fabricated and this is not good for the project. Once there are some audit to the project, it will create some red flags because some of their investors are fake because the fake ID. Maybe the project will need to find a way to detect the fake IDs between the real IDs.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
October 01, 2020, 10:31:25 AM
This is exactly why Concordium has anonymity revokers and also ID layer at the protocol level. This way there is no way one can fake the Identity. Check out more about the Concordium ID layer and how a public blockchain can still provide privacy inspite of being opensource and public.
Activity: 658
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 01, 2020, 10:09:39 AM
Our KYC data is very confidential, if our personal data falls to the wrong person, our data can be misused for things we don't want, therefore we must first review the extent to which they are keeping our KYC confidential
Activity: 1099
Merit: 116
October 01, 2020, 08:57:10 AM
In the name of KYC, many project pretended with the participants documents which is very dangerous for the members of kyc senders as their personal documents are now on the hands of cheaters. I think there shouldn't have kyc in crypto world as crypto is annonymos. We should avoid kyc and if any project wants kyc in this forum, it should be tagged as red trust for ill motives.
Activity: 714
Merit: 101
September 25, 2020, 04:59:03 PM
I hate KYC , sometimes there is no other way if you want to join to some ICO , Buying KYC is stupid because the person who sold you that could contact the project and say someone has hacked my account and he/she provide the dos again and make the account his/her .

There is a way out in any situation. If the investment requires KYC, then I'd rather give it up. Project owners don't provide us with their KYC data, so why should we?
Pages:
Jump to: