Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 9. (Read 89304 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
July 23, 2020, 09:32:24 AM
Hmmm, some people are really smart. KYC is very risky especially when you are not sure of the organization demanding for it. Don't be in a haste to send in your information just because you don't want to miss out. Do a background check before you do that. Using fake I.D, I really don't want to comment on that.

Then why you post here?

You say that people should not haste to send their info, but I would say it is better not to send personal info at all. Not your own, not someone else (in some countries this is even illegal and you can get a criminal record for that). Cryptocurrency was meant to be anonymous, so why reveal your identity. What for ? Like trading - plenty of options besides crypto. Investment - same. Cryptocurrency does not need personal identification.
Activity: 896
Merit: 100
July 23, 2020, 09:19:31 AM

It is not a problem at all to fake video verification. Anyway, there are many exchanges that still ask for upload a picture from your ID and a Proof of Resident
for some exchanges, there is no real problem with dual account ownership. we can do KYC with the same document but use a different email or verification number. why use fake documents if it is an exchange that has good credibility. except it is used to register campaign airdrop.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
July 23, 2020, 09:14:58 AM
How are the exchanges to proof this? What are the options?
I don't think that many exchanges check whether someone has uploaded a fake ID.
Besides, I don't think they report cases like this to the police. It's still unregulated.  Wink
Certainly there are few, but you can certainly count them on one hand.

As a legendary member you should know that KYC verifications are different, no one, I repeat no one can use fake I.D you pass binance KYC verifications because they use video for verification instead of asking you to upload screenshots, there are few exchanges like this too

It is not a problem at all to fake video verification. Anyway, there are many exchanges that still ask for upload a picture from your ID and a Proof of Resident
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 23, 2020, 07:25:23 AM
I don't think someone could use a fake ID for KYC, especially in exchanges, because they always check it if your personal information is correct or false. When my friend submitted his ID as a personal verification in Binance exchange, he got rejected two times because they only accept a passport or driver's license, and my friend only had his voters ID. So it is a proof that some exchanges like Binance will be difficult to submit a fake ID for verifications. If you the exchange, find out that you are submitting a fake ID, they will freeze your funds that you don't have a chance to retrieve.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
July 23, 2020, 06:46:11 AM
Besides, I don't think they report cases like this to the police. It's still unregulated.  Wink

As a legendary member you should know that KYC verifications are different, no one, I repeat no one can use fake I.D you pass binance KYC verifications because they use video for verification instead of asking you to upload screenshots, there are few exchanges like this too
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
July 23, 2020, 06:37:36 AM
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
July 23, 2020, 05:25:02 AM
if sending a fake ID to the bounty and airdrop it's not a problem because we don't lose anything but if I do KYC on the exchange in my opinion it's very important because if something happens we can verify it, I'm just talking about the top exchange not the new exchange

I agree with you here completely using fake ID on exchanges could be really troublesome especially if you are using that account to trade daily. If they found you used fake ID then they could freeze your funds. Also, identity fraud is a serious offence in some countries
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
July 23, 2020, 05:05:19 AM
Not only that is not fair, but also it is illegal and for few cents (dollars) you go to prison? That doesn´t make sense. Please, do not use fake or other´s identity, it doesn´t worth it! Do not worry about your ID, now every bank or any financial institution will not accept any picture of your ID, they all require live verification, so your ID won´t be compromised.  Smiley
Activity: 728
July 23, 2020, 04:51:58 AM
many have passed KYC even though they sent fake IDs, yes maybe they didn't really check it manually. keep careful in doing KYC because now there are so many fake projects
Activity: 1722
Merit: 589
July 23, 2020, 04:44:13 AM
That thing of doing or creating fake IDs to pass through KYC was totally odd and absurd because you are plagiarizing or let's just say bypassing the process of creating legal documents and that was against the law of any country as far as I know. Although the aim was clear and understandable that it is really risky and seems to be a gamble to send original copies of your ID for verification of your identity, still doing a fake ID will be no excuse most specially if and only if the exchange, banks, or other related stuff that require KYC is highly reputable and have some connections with the government, the aim you have in mind was clear but the response is incorrect and will never be right on the societal point of view and is equivalent to a crime.

I guess doing such an act are common at this industry because of the anonymity that is really risky at one stuff but be picky on where you will provide your identity and that would be an alternative way possible and not to create fake IDs just to bypass the KYC process. The intention to keep yourself safe is there but once it was proven to be fake, a karma would turn back on which your account will be freeze
permanently and you could have a bad reputation for  that.
Activity: 385
Merit: 12
July 21, 2020, 10:09:23 AM
I always find the kyc system for the projects IEO ,ICO or private sale is pretty disgusting.I never support this.Just think if you invest in  any project and submit your kyc.And after some months the project has failed or scam us ,then what about the ID or passport you sent them.If they want to do the bad things with that,they can steal your identity and if they do bad things with your identity you can be a criminal.

Thats why some people are faking their ID and I don't support that but sending the NID or passport to any project is much more harmful than sending fake ID,passport.Btw fake ID ,passport etc are most of the time rejected by project or exchange.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
July 21, 2020, 10:00:09 AM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I very often came across the process of passing KYC in different projects. I want to say that there would be cases when documents were accepted without problems, but in most cases it was very difficult to pass the KYC check. In turn, I do not forge documents, but I send only my data and they are often not accepted. The refusal is mainly due to the fact that my documents are not international, but only state documents of the old model, because of this, a dispute often arises. But I do not know of projects where it would be easy to send a fake document and it would be accepted. Perhaps it is somewhere, but I personally have not come across this. As far as I know, KYC is needed to avoid fraud when receiving payments. That is, you need to prove that you are a real person. Whether it is good or bad, everyone will decide for himself. I believe that KYC takes place, but only in special cases. For example, when a person's actions raise questions.
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
July 21, 2020, 09:14:58 AM
It's funny how some are trying to avoid KYC verifications so safe their own necks but ready to use others identity to fool the KYC process, how are you different from scam Airdrops that ask people for I.D just to sell them for money on the dark web?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
July 21, 2020, 09:01:17 AM
So if you invest real money in the project this means that you should have trust in it. If you have no trust in it i would not invest my or my money in a project. On top of that giving an fake ID makes not the real owner of the account
That's right, fake KYC is only suitable for you to participate in bounty or airdrop. But if you use exchanges or take part in projects, I think you should use real KYC to avoid the trouble later.

It is illegal to use someone else's documents for verification and may cause serious problems for the person whose documents you use for KYC. I think it would be a good decision not to use verification at all to confirm participation in bounties and airdrops if you don't trust this project.
using someone else document in world wide is hard to track. we dont know who is the person that used our personal data , maybe from person with same country with us  but maybe from foreign citizen. and using KYC still not as valid methode to decrease cheater or whatever . some project using KYC to their investors too, and they could manipulate their data too to keep their wealth.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 629
July 21, 2020, 08:29:20 AM
It is better to use your real KYC when using the exchanges in this market, my friend has been locked out of his account on some exchanges when using another person's KYC and his money is frozen.
For me it depends where you will use it. Im choosing where to comply for the kyc verification, if its necessary like for a reputable exchange to avoid having issues afterwards like what your friend experience. On the other side if its for a bounty to get a rewards then I wont do it not unless im aware of this rules from the start and the project is legit. We can easily fake our informations but it has consequences.
Activity: 399
July 21, 2020, 08:17:48 AM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

Is it possible to check anyone's data by others? I don't think so. Actually you are right, this isn't fair to everyone if someone submit fake id information. In new id verification process will add reject option for those who's submit fake information. We don't know who's will be rejected. I would suggest not to use fake verification in the hard KYC process.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
July 21, 2020, 07:51:44 AM
So if you invest real money in the project this means that you should have trust in it. If you have no trust in it i would not invest my or my money in a project. On top of that giving an fake ID makes not the real owner of the account
That's right, fake KYC is only suitable for you to participate in bounty or airdrop. But if you use exchanges or take part in projects, I think you should use real KYC to avoid the trouble later.

It is illegal to use someone else's documents for verification and may cause serious problems for the person whose documents you use for KYC. I think it would be a good decision not to use verification at all to confirm participation in bounties and airdrops if you don't trust this project.
Activity: 1844
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
July 21, 2020, 07:41:56 AM
It is better to use your real KYC when using the exchanges in this market, my friend has been locked out of his account on some exchanges when using another person's KYC and his money is frozen.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
July 21, 2020, 07:27:42 AM
KYC is only needed for personal interests and data that are like exchanges to store assets. I think it is pending for the real ID if using a fake one then it will be a problem later.
The project is now able to detect those using Photoshop.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
July 21, 2020, 06:58:31 AM
Many platform that require kyc have system that automatically discover Photoshop documents. If anyone send a Photoshop document for kyc and it was accepted, then the platform might be checking manually which makes it possible to not discover Photoshop documents. In the case of polymath, it is possible they are not making use of algorithms to do this.
Pages:
Jump to: