Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 7. (Read 89304 times)

Activity: 649
Merit: 100
August 03, 2020, 09:59:59 AM
You can't create a unknown face with unknown identity, every faces got a name and using someone else face is not right, you are simply saving your ass to put someone else in trouble, I recommend ignoring any project that requires KYC verifications
sending fake identities is also useless, because to verify whether the identity being sent is correct it matches the database. if you don't use a database and only match the one sent, the possibility of data falsification can be very large.
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
August 03, 2020, 09:05:21 AM
You can't create a unknown face with unknown identity, every faces got a name and using someone else face is not right, you are simply saving your ass to put someone else in trouble, I recommend ignoring any project that requires KYC verifications
Activity: 1034
Merit: 103
August 03, 2020, 08:41:02 AM
usually exchanges or projects always receive the correct KYC or the correct ID, and I don't know for a fake ID,
but if the fake ID looks right it's likely that your KYC will be accepted, and remember it's the wrong action

There are actually services that provides documents of a real person with future paid support. I took one of these and was provided with passport, local identity and custom photo holding the text I desired. They even promised me of not providing same ID to other user for the same platform.
All they were doing is basically picking up any peasant and making their passports and giving them small amount of money for sharing their passport and national Ids.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
August 03, 2020, 08:35:08 AM
Meaning that they are smarter than those team or group handling KYC. Yes pretty.sure that it is unfair to those individual doing fair on KYC exposing identity. Doing KYC is very dangerous actually at some point like news that a certain platform has been attack by hackers taking all the identies of all of its users. This is now where the problem starts when one idenity will be used in illegal activities or transactions. This may even one get in prison by surprise having a case without knowing that identity was being stolen and use in illegal activities. So sad but identity is very important and it should be private as much as possible.
Activity: 1110
Merit: 104
The OGz Club
August 03, 2020, 08:19:17 AM
usually exchanges or projects always receive the correct KYC or the correct ID, and I don't know for a fake ID,
but if the fake ID looks right it's likely that your KYC will be accepted, and remember it's the wrong action
Activity: 882
August 03, 2020, 07:40:10 AM
Well, yeah, you're right its not illegal to fake our information here because we just don't want to give them our information and just stay unknown.
it is better not to send anything. and stay away from projects that require sending personal documents, I often choose projects that don't have to send documents, because it's safer
But you need to implement KYC at the exchange you use, which is not really secure either. In 2018 I saw some information saying that the KYC of users at Binance was stolen and it was sold on the black market. Obviously KYC will not be safe in this market and it can be stolen at any time
Activity: 260
August 03, 2020, 05:33:14 AM
If a service is using a KYC-company, then I think it's less likely to do some malicious stuff, as the records of you participating are there. Unlike project where you just submit your documents and don't know where they're going.

I see it like this: paying with creditcard via trusted processor versus just entering your credit card number in a form.

Nevertheless it's imperative to trust the project itself and most of all - your gut feeling Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1000
July 30, 2020, 10:17:12 PM
Well, yeah, you're right its not illegal to fake our information here because we just don't want to give them our information and just stay unknown.
it is better not to send anything. and stay away from projects that require sending personal documents, I often choose projects that don't have to send documents, because it's safer
Activity: 550
Merit: 10
July 30, 2020, 09:54:35 PM
I have Polymath and Bobs and they have non of my information.  Sorry you sent yours in.

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs.  Jesus guys.

Check out the laws in your area and wisen up to the internet game.  Why in the hell would you give an unknown person your passport?   
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
July 30, 2020, 08:58:12 AM
Then a live KYC method will be a good alternative. There are already a lot of companies and exchange that is using this method for eliminating fake KYC and many have succeeded. In live KYC users need to use their camera to make a short video by using their device's camera with different instructions for every user. I think it will be very hard to fake live video.

many ways that will continue to be made to be innovated because over time the sophistication of people to commit fraud also develops, so if you don't follow these developments it is not impossible that you will be left a step behind the fraudsters. obviously many ways can be done to minimize the way that is not wise in any aspect is no exception to KYC itself.

Actually, KYC still has many pros and cons in revealing its existence, because there are so many scams that some believe that KYC can solve but some are also afraid that their identities can be taken by irresponsible people.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
July 30, 2020, 07:46:28 AM
I've personally not thought of sending fake Ids when asked for KYC. Most times I use my ID or don't participate, if I'm not convinced of the need for the kyc or don't trust the system. I personally believe that sending someone else's picture isn't justifiable as its an indictment and feels like a criminal offence. We owe each other a duty of care, and what's not good for you, must likely isn't good for every other person.

It's understandable when we're scared of a third party getting access to the information and using it for mischievous activities, but come to think of it, is it better when a much more innocent person who may not even be aware of the cryptocurrency industry has his data compromised because of you? I prefer to be considerate, and have my conscience in place.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
July 30, 2020, 07:34:21 AM
What would happen anyway if the identity was stolen and used for illegal things? First of all, you would certainly get a new identity card. But would the data of the stolen ID card be stored somewhere centrally, so that fraudsters could no longer open a bank account, for example?
ID card is just a part of authentication process, so it does not effect to your life if you lost it( just take a little time to make a new one). But in crypto world, they can use Id cards to create a  lot of accounts to get airdrop or refs to get reward.

I am not talking about verification in crypto world. What I mean is that once your KYC Data are in the hand of fraudsters, they can buy goods in your name. They can open a bank account for money laundering. All that illegal stuff what will be accomplished in your name then. So will your stolen ID Data marked for the future?
Activity: 882
July 30, 2020, 07:04:03 AM
What would happen anyway if the identity was stolen and used for illegal things? First of all, you would certainly get a new identity card. But would the data of the stolen ID card be stored somewhere centrally, so that fraudsters could no longer open a bank account, for example?
Surely they will use KYC files for malicious purposes, if we continue KYC to receive airdrop or bounty then I believe in the future we will have trouble with it. I used to participate in the airdrop and now my email is being spammed every day, which is proof of the information being sold.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
July 30, 2020, 06:46:50 AM
ID card is just a part of authentication process, so it does not effect to your life if you lost it( just take a little time to make a new one). But in crypto world, they can use Id cards to create a  lot of accounts to get airdrop or refs to get reward.
legendary
July 30, 2020, 05:03:23 AM
Activity: 742
Merit: 102
Second Live
July 30, 2020, 03:59:46 AM
That's right, I don't understand why we have to implement KYC when investing in new projects, it's really not necessary. Also should only KYC in the leading exchanges in this market, and if not trading too much money, we do not need to conduct KYC
in a new project it is required that KYC is possible so that there is no money laundering, and sometimes there are some countries that prohibit investing in cryto, but if the project is unclear, it is better not to do KYC, and stay away from such projects
That's right, new projects need to know their investors because there are many countries that prohibit crypto, if they do not implement KYC then maybe in the future they will have trouble with that investors. Be careful is the most important
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
July 30, 2020, 03:49:56 AM
Maybe the people who handed in fake IDs wanted to protect themselves and didn't want to have their real IDs exposed to the dark web after several cases of ico having their Kyc documents stolen.
Activity: 334
Merit: 10
July 30, 2020, 03:46:35 AM
www.changenow.io is a non-custodial exchange that allows users swap seamlessly between #btc and over 200 other crypto assets without having to submit KYC only on special occasions.
The top exchanges in this market also do not need KYC, as long as you withdraw less than 2BTC per day, I believe that everything will be fine. There is no need to use small exchanges like that
legendary
July 30, 2020, 03:44:55 AM
www.changenow.io is a non-custodial exchange that allows users swap seamlessly between #btc and over 200 other crypto assets without having to submit KYC only on special occasions.
...only on special occasions. True. But if you are one of those who suddenly has to perform KYC, you will not be pleased. Therefore, it is better not to perform a large transaction at once, but to split it into several small transactions.
If someone wants to read about the procedure from changenow: https://changenow.io/faq/kyc-aml-procedure
Activity: 489
Merit: 16
www.cd3d.app
July 29, 2020, 10:24:11 PM
I think this is unfair if the KYC verification is legit and not aiming for a fraud and scam or for stealing identity. But i think this is just a good way for those who makes KYC verification stealing of aomeones personal identity. I guess it's a way to make rhose scumbugs revenge for they are also fraudsters and scammers.
Pages:
Jump to: