Pages:
Author

Topic: Sent 20 BTC by mistake. Please help. - page 3. (Read 5439 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
January 28, 2015, 04:23:53 PM
OP, we all would like to know where you got these coins from. We can see where they came from, can you tell us who?

As I said, my friends told me the price will rise and hence I bought the coins. One of my roomie knew a local guy who sell bitcoin at lower than market rate. We went to his place, handed over the cash and within one hour the coins came to my address.

Now, the problem is price went up and now it is falling down. All my friends want me to sell the coins as we had a condition on 20 BTC. If we make profit on 20 BTC, we will share that and if we lose, we will share that as well. They could not pay at that time as they did not have the money. Now, the coins are out of my hand and they think I have sold the coins without telling them.

This could make a great movie if people could track the hackers down off of your information. Lol.

As far as your problem, no one but the person or business in this case can give you back your coins. You've already done what you could by contacting their support on their forum. Just hope they give it back and aren't scammers.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
January 28, 2015, 04:16:49 PM
OP, we all would like to know where you got these coins from. We can see where they came from, can you tell us who?

As I said, my friends told me the price will rise and hence I bought the coins. One of my roomie knew a local guy who sell bitcoin at lower than market rate. We went to his place, handed over the cash and within one hour the coins came to my address.

Now, the problem is price went up and now it is falling down. All my friends want me to sell the coins as we had a condition on 20 BTC. If we make profit on 20 BTC, we will share that and if we lose, we will share that as well. They could not pay at that time as they did not have the money. Now, the coins are out of my hand and they think I have sold the coins without telling them. As I can see, you are a member of Bitcoin Foundation. Can you please help me to expedite the process of getting the coins back ?

I'm afraid they will be of no use. The role of the Bitcoin Foundation is often misunderstood. That org tries to lobby against over regulation and influence public policy. But it has no more authority over bitcoin than you do. There is nothing anyone can do to reverse a transaction. Transactions are strictly one way. Your only option is to try to find out who owns the address they were sent to and ask them to send the BTC back.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 28, 2015, 04:06:37 PM

Now, the problem is price went up and now it is falling down. All my friends want me to sell the coins as we had a condition on 20 BTC. If we make profit on 20 BTC, we will share that and if we lose, we will share that as well. They could not pay at that time as they did not have the money. Now, the coins are out of my hand and they think I have sold the coins without telling them. As I can see, you are a member of Bitcoin Foundation. Can you please help me to expedite the process of getting the coins back ?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
January 28, 2015, 02:58:53 PM
tss
Activity: 742
January 28, 2015, 02:55:50 PM
how can you send 20 btc by mistake, lol? and you can't revert , this is the beauty of btc for me, i know many don't like it...

those that don't like it should just stick to paypal and their credit cards.  there is no use complaining about a feature of non reversing transactions. that is one of the main reasons for using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
January 28, 2015, 02:48:59 PM

These coins originate from the Bitstamp hack.

legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
January 28, 2015, 02:40:08 PM
Last night I have sent out 20 BTC by mistake. How do I revert/cancel the transaction ?

https://blockchain.info/tx/67276898e3757b0c214af1e535dfcbbd3550636892408f7301831650cc06a605

wow very lucky having such address, why is that?

Read the whole thread. OP tried to buy some giga hash and bought tera hash instead because he was drunk. He did not send it to wrong address. He purchased higher quantity.
Activity: 532
January 28, 2015, 12:04:45 PM
Last night I have sent out 20 BTC by mistake. How do I revert/cancel the transaction ?

https://blockchain.info/tx/67276898e3757b0c214af1e535dfcbbd3550636892408f7301831650cc06a605

wow very lucky having such address, why is that?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Honest 80s business!
January 28, 2015, 11:50:26 AM
Well even if it turns out to be a real ponzi, most ponzi cloud mining services actually pay back at least a decent sum of the initial investment, in order to appear legitimate and attract new customers. So he may get back 18 BTC or something in this case Smiley
Activity: 462
January 28, 2015, 11:11:49 AM
You snookered yourself, mate. Unfortunately there is no way to reverse this.
Activity: 574
CoinBooster Rep
January 28, 2015, 10:46:58 AM
It is not reversible ( that's true) but he can work out  with the support ant request a sort of  "refund".

He has, management are now trying to work out how many hookers they can get for 20BTC

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10287779
  lol sorry to say I think Cloudmining.website is a ponzi.

Goodbye to your 20 coins.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
January 28, 2015, 10:02:08 AM
It is not reversible ( that's true) but he can work out  with the support ant request a sort of  "refund".

He has, management are now trying to work out how many hookers they can get for 20BTC

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10287779
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
January 28, 2015, 09:59:31 AM
bitcoin transactions are not reversible. Good bye to your precious coins

Activity: 602
January 28, 2015, 09:53:24 AM
bitcoin transactions are not reversible. Good bye to your precious coins
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
January 28, 2015, 09:38:01 AM

When you are drunk don't even think about touching your money - of any kind.

Nah, that's overreacting. How are you going to pay for a taxi after a night-out?

You hire a taxi and then you end up overpaying the driver Cheesy . I was overreacting a bit. Well it's advisable not to touch your wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
January 28, 2015, 08:59:35 AM

When you are drunk don't even think about touching your money - of any kind.

Nah, that's overreacting. How are you going to pay for a taxi after a night-out?

If i can buy bitcoin using credit card at cex.io, why can't some mining contract companies create the same facility for selling mining contracts? The information is just an assumption as i try to comprehend what actually went wrong

You have it stated outright (tx id is in the first post) and everything is explained in the following posts, you would know that if you did bother to briefly read through them.
Q7
Activity: 448
January 28, 2015, 08:50:55 AM
As I said, the company is Cloud Mining Website. Their website is www.cloudmining.website. They do not have a place to type the amount. Then I would not have been trapped like this. They have 2 drop down. One from 1-9 another from 10 Ghs to 10 Ths. As far as I can remember, I selected 2 correctly, but instead of 10 Ghs, I selected 10 Ths before clicking on order button. Hence the current problem.

Ok. I think I understand your problem. You must have a credit card linked to your cloudmining account. As you tried to make payment, you accidentally selected another premium option which requires you to pay more. Hence the funds amount to 20btc which get sourced from your credit card. You have two way. Immediately call up the website and told them you want to cancel as it was not your intention to get the package. Or, get advice from your credit card company on how to proceed further with this. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Lol. What?

Since when you can use credit card to pay in bitcoins? Read the previous posts, OP posted blockchain tx id.
He already contacted customer support and is waiting for decision.

If i can buy bitcoin using credit card at cex.io, why can't some mining contract companies create the same facility for selling mining contracts? The information is just an assumption as i try to comprehend what actually went wrong
Activity: 644
January 28, 2015, 08:30:51 AM
wow sick. say goodbye to your btc.  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
January 28, 2015, 08:24:08 AM
Now we have learned a new thing , when you are drunk don't  open your wallet and obviously don't use your pc. However try to contact the  Cloudmining.website   support.

When you are drunk don't even think about touching your money - of any kind. Please could you update us here of they have done anything. Apparently they have shut off your contract.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
January 28, 2015, 08:19:15 AM
Now we have learned a new thing , when you are drunk don't  open your wallet and obviously don't use your pc. However try to contact the  Cloudmining.website   support.
Pages:
Jump to: