Pages:
Author

Topic: Sent 20 BTC by mistake. Please help. - page 6. (Read 5439 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2015, 02:21:02 PM
People need to realise that Bitcoin is not a centralised system and there is no 'company' you can complain to if something goes wrong, the only thing you can do is ask this cloud mining website if they'll reverse the transaction. As others have said though, I find it pretty suspicious that you were playing around with 20btc and made that kind of mistake and you would so willingly dump that much money into something where you have to have some responsibility for your actions when using it and is worth far more than paper money?

I hope you aren't one of those people that was fooled into thinking that Bitcoin is a company and it's magic internet money and is completely worthless which is what news journalists and morons alike have been parroting for years. You can certainly get help with stuff here and lots and lots of information, but Bitcoin is decentralised you won't get your money back unless the person who got it happens to be nice.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1005
January 27, 2015, 02:20:26 PM
As I said, the company is Cloud Mining Website. Their website is www.cloudmining.website. They do not have a place to type the amount. Then I would not have been trapped like this. They have 2 drop down. One from 1-9 another from 10 Ghs to 10 Ths. As far as I can remember, I selected 2 correctly, but instead of 10 Ghs, I selected 10 Ths before clicking on order button. Hence the current problem.

Overview for cloudmining.website:
Registered On    October 14, 2014

Registrant Contact Information:
    Name: WhoisGuard Protected
    Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.
    City: Panama
    State: Panama
    Zip: 00000

It's a new website and their WHOIS is protected... not good...

Here is their account here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cloud-mining-379594

Try PMing them, though if you ask me the website looks like it might be a scam...
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
January 27, 2015, 02:20:02 PM
As I said, the company is Cloud Mining Website. Their website is www.cloudmining.website.

Oh my. They dont even have a contact form. Well, but they have:

a forum: http://forum.cloudmining.website/
a twitter: https://twitter.com/cloud_mining_
a user account here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cloud-mining-379594

They do not have a place to type the amount. Then I would not have been trapped like this. They have 2 drop down. One from 1-9 another from 10 Ghs to 10 Ths. As far as I can remember, I selected 2 correctly, but instead of 10 Ghs, I selected 10 Ths before clicking on order button. Hence the current problem.

From 1/ponzi I rate them ponzi, good luck anyway. I might be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 27, 2015, 02:15:41 PM
As I said, the company is Cloud Mining Website. Their website is www.cloudmining.website. They do not have a place to type the amount. Then I would not have been trapped like this. They have 2 drop down. One from 1-9 another from 10 Ghs to 10 Ths. As far as I can remember, I selected 2 correctly, but instead of 10 Ghs, I selected 10 Ths before clicking on order button. Hence the current problem.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
January 27, 2015, 02:11:14 PM
I am a bit confused with so many replies. Forum is not allowing me to post fast !!! What I understand is I need to contact the merchant. I bought it from Cloud Mining Website. How do I contact them ?

Maybe if you can tell us which of the many cloud mining websites (of which the majority are ponzi scams) you visited and we could give you a hint.

I tried to send 0.02 BTC, whereas 20 BTC has gone from me. I can not afford this loss.

You are now at the mercy of the person that received it.

Need to get it back at any cost. In PayPal, CreditCard there is an option to revert a transaction. Why dont we have it in Bitcoin ?

Because thats how cash works. Bitcoin would not be bitcoin if it would just copy an existing certralized service. Please do not take this the wrong way, but: you should have read more about it before you aquired 20 BTC you can not afford to lose.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
January 27, 2015, 02:08:33 PM
I am a bit confused with so many replies. Forum is not allowing me to post fast !!! What I understand is I need to contact the merchant. I bought it from Cloud Mining Website. How do I contact them ? I tried to send 0.02 BTC, whereas 20 BTC has gone from me. I can not afford this loss. Need to get it back at any cost. In PayPal, CreditCard there is an option to revert a transaction. Why dont we have it in Bitcoin ?

you could try to contact the merchant and talk with him...
you can explain him how it went...
and you can try to offer him a little small reward if he will return to you 20 bitcoin.

if he is honest will accept without thinking about it 2 times!!!

but i'm not so sure!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
January 27, 2015, 02:06:18 PM
I am a bit confused with so many replies. Forum is not allowing me to post fast !!! What I understand is I need to contact the merchant. I bought it from Cloud Mining Website. How do I contact them ? I tried to send 0.02 BTC, whereas 20 BTC has gone from me. I can not afford this loss. Need to get it back at any cost. In PayPal, CreditCard there is an option to revert a transaction. Why dont we have it in Bitcoin ?

hem hem...

you hit 0 three times too much!!!

jocking here...

if you want to explain...

i'm really curious to understand how could this happen!!!

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
January 27, 2015, 02:04:48 PM

Yes, you will need to contact the merchant and ask for a refund. That is the only way. Hopefully, they are a legit company.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1005
January 27, 2015, 01:55:46 PM
In PayPal, CreditCard there is an option to revert a transaction. Why dont we have it in Bitcoin ?

Because Bitcoin isn't like those services, it's digital cash.

what was the exact website you sent it to? post it here and we will help you find the contact details.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
January 27, 2015, 01:54:04 PM

How did you have 20 bitcoins to lose if you didn't know bitcoin transactions weren't refundable?

Lesson learned, don't keep that much in a hot wallet, store it in a cold storage wallet you need to be sober to use.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
January 27, 2015, 01:49:29 PM
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 27, 2015, 01:48:04 PM
Never operate with Bitcoins while drunk, lesson learned and one less Bitcoin user for life because now he's going to hate it for life.

ahahaha

nice!!!

we think the same thing,
at the same time!!!

really LOL

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
January 27, 2015, 01:46:35 PM
Never operate with Bitcoins while drunk, lesson learned and one less Bitcoin user for life because now he's going to hate it for life.
Activity: 126
January 27, 2015, 01:45:26 PM
Last night I have sent out 20 BTC by mistake. How do I revert/cancel the transaction ?

https://blockchain.info/tx/67276898e3757b0c214af1e535dfcbbd3550636892408f7301831650cc06a605

hum !!!

are 'u trolling us or what???

or you war just drunked when you send btc?Huh

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

after all you've lost only $ 4,800!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 504
January 27, 2015, 01:44:24 PM
Ouch! I'd recommend setting the password on your wallet to something you won't be able to type drunk.

Maybe there is a market for a breathalizer activated hard wallet.

I'm thinking this should be a thing in the future. lol
Activity: 770
January 27, 2015, 01:31:52 PM
i think you may never drink again..

Or consider as the most  expensive drink and digest it. You should contact the customer support and ask if they can send it back.
but he send that 20BTC to buy 20THs, then why should he feel like hell? O.o
and they'll never pay/return investment again
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
January 27, 2015, 01:29:51 PM
Ouch! I'd recommend setting the password on your wallet to something you won't be able to type drunk.

Maybe there is a market for a breathalizer activated hard wallet.

To the OP.  Bitcoin is like cash.  It would be like going into a store planning on buying a $1 TV and you bought a $10K TV in cash.  There is no way to "reverse" cash.  Your only solution is to talk to the company you sent the funds to.  If they agree to send the funds back and cancel/modify the order then you are fine (no different than cash).  If they don't well that is a problem (once again no different than cash).
Activity: 182
January 27, 2015, 01:28:54 PM
i think you may never drink again..

Or consider as the most  expensive drink and digest it. You should contact the customer support and ask if they can send it back.
Activity: 770
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
January 27, 2015, 01:27:22 PM
Tried tracing most of the bitcoin addresses associated with the address you mistakenly sent the BTC to and I can't track is back to anyone,
Sorry bud.

It's not wrong address issue, but the wrong amount. He probably knows who did he send those bitcoins to (unless really drunk).

Then its just a customer support issue lol.
Pages:
Jump to: