Pages:
Author

Topic: Serious topic: how can we be sure Bitcoin will not be banned by most countries? - page 2. (Read 1908 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It depends on the impact of good or bad Bitcoin on the economic system in each country that has become the economic foundation of each country. If the existence of Bitcoin is considered to disrupt the existing system of economists, I think that is one reason a state forbids the existence of Bitcoin.

Well if you think about it, bitcoin will very well disrupt the existing system especially if it's acceptance grow even more. Though i think governments shouldn't take that as a threat but an opportunity to explore broader options to better their economy
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Its impossible to ban the bitcoin in all country. Because there's one country who made thw bitcoin and im sure about that. If no country create the bitcoin then why as of now the bitcoin is alive ? Im sure that the givernment of that country is make a way to sure the bitcoin can't destroy

In the thread he does not mention all country but most country.
I think always any possibility that most people will ban bitcoin depending on how the government think about bitcoin.
Bitcoin is not perfect, positive and negative are staying in bitcoin. If government just see bitcoin from negative side,  most probably they will ban bitcoin.
But in my mind i hope its not happen.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
It depends on the impact of good or bad Bitcoin on the economic system in each country that has become the economic foundation of each country. If the existence of Bitcoin is considered to disrupt the existing system of economists, I think that is one reason a state forbids the existence of Bitcoin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Bitcoin will not be banned in every country because many people are supporting and investing in bitcoin. It will still be stable in the next five years. Bitcoin will not go down easily.
Activity: 686
In no way. And we can see the issues that happened to China and Indonesia with Bitcoin.
But i think that is not a big problem, if will happen, as we can get around of this "problem", but certainly it will not be a good thing
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
There is hardly anything we can do, if Bitcoin gets banned in a certain country. But you can always sell your coins in a country where it is legal and return to your home with the fiat cash from the sales.

As you said even if your bitcoin was banned in your country you can convert your invested bitcoins into some currency then you just transfer into your currency but the real problem is the bitcoin price will crash if most countries banned bitcoin because we all knows that bitcoin price is based on the demand of bitcoin if all countries banned it there will be no demand for bitcoin ans your bitcoin will be worthless so we have to sell our bitcoins if countries started to ban it.
Activity: 600
Merit: 256
There is hardly anything we can do, if Bitcoin gets banned in a certain country. But you can always sell your coins in a country where it is legal and return to your home with the fiat cash from the sales.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
It is possible I guess, but still no worries
It is now being banned by many countries and fall quite hard, but at the end of the day it rises again and reaching new all time high

In my country it is now forbidden to use bitcoin as payment, but as long as trading is allowed it is fine by me
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hi,
First of all, I am a holder, and Bitcoin is for me is an investment, I intend to hold for at least 5 years, so the question asked in the topic title is the last thing in the world I want.
That being said, with China, and now this rumor about Russia, I have to ask this question: how do you deal with the possibility that one day Bitcoin could be illegal in most countries?
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

All opinions are welcome.

Regards.
If you are a holder I think it doesn't matter if governments has to implement a total ban in a specific country. Of course there will always be a possibility because we don't know about the governments plan about digital money and what makes it more interesting is that let us just say that they are going to prohibit the use of Bitcoin in a country where we live but the reality is we can still interact, earn and even use it online and the only problem is local exchange when doing a cashout. If ever time will come that Bitcoin is banned here in my country then that is the time to move to other countries like Japan but as of these days I haven't experience any problems with the system yet in fact Bitcoin community here is stronger than before and is increasing rapidly.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
no one can ban bitcoin.The legal status of bitcoin varies substantially from country to country and is still undefined or changing in many of them. Whilst the majority of countries do not make the usage of bitcoin itself illegal, its status as money (or a commodity) varies, with differing regulatory implications. While some countries have explicitly allowed its use and trade, others have banned or restricted it. Likewise, various government agencies, departments, and courts have classified bitcoins differently. While this article provides the legal status of bitcoin, regulations and bans that apply to this cryptocurrency likely extend to similar systems as well.
xz
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
I made a comment regarding this question, I will do it again for you. China didn't ban bitcoin, they banned icos and they did that because companies started to seek for investors in that way, and because many of startups are scams, and then they started to talk about legitimate exchangers. Russia will not ban bitcoin, they will do same as China did, they will ban all exchangers that they can't control, but legit exchangers will continue to work.
What ever they do will be a little problem for bitcoin, but that is all a little problem, nothing that bitcoin users can't handle.

Try not to be anxious about the possibility that that different nations will bann the bitcoins they will never bann the bitcoins on the grounds that they know the estimations of bitcoins alternate nations dislike China the legislature of China has no brains yet the administration of different nations are Claver and they will never consider prohibiting Bitcoins.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
We must remember that there is power in the world, which can cancel any laws and generate any decision. As a result, even when bitcoin is banned in a given country, if there is a sufficient number of people who are against this decision they can surely change the situation.
Anyhow, I guess there's no way of banning bitcoin in many other countries because why would they ban such a privilege to have a source of income and offers a lot of information in using money in a better modes of payment and so on. This is somewhat a blessing in disguise to help the society become more develop and it should start from people who are losing hopes and have fears of finding jobs for the future. Normally, when we look for a job, we always need money and spend a lot if there are trainings and it is a must. Even applying in government, you have to spend. So I think they can't do that to bitcoin because it can support our dreams so stop banning bitcoin.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
Hi,
First of all, I am a holder, and Bitcoin is for me is an investment, I intend to hold for at least 5 years, so the question asked in the topic title is the last thing in the world I want.
That being said, with China, and now this rumor about Russia, I have to ask this question: how do you deal with the possibility that one day Bitcoin could be illegal in most countries?
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

Regards.

I am not an optimist and i think that sooner or later this will happen and we have to be prepared.
This hit the bitcoin price for sure,but i don`t think that it will damage the blockchain that much.
Bitcoin will continue to exist in the darknet,but the btc price will be way too low.
The good news is that  bitcoin supporters can be found in most of the governments of the western countries,so they might try to stop such mass ban.

Oh come on, brother! You have got me frightened there! Bitcoin is my only source of money right now. You cannot just go around claiming that it will happen sooner or later. Let us have faith in it and what happens, let it happen. Let us just think of the present and what it is giving to us. In my opinion, I do not bitcoin will be banned by many countries. Look at Japan, it has accepted it. And some countries do not care about bitcoin, and some are trying to legalize it through a various set of rules. I do not think that bitcoin will cease to exist.
Activity: 308
Merit: 120
We must remember that there is power in the world, which can cancel any laws and generate any decision. As a result, even when bitcoin is banned in a given country, if there is a sufficient number of people who are against this decision they can surely change the situation.
Activity: 196
Sureity in investment would mean you know the future.  Who knows the future?  The best a man can do is make educated guesses when investing. 

A good question to follow the opeining question is, where to find quality information about Bitcoin?  The answer to this question will help you make an educated guess on the future of Bitcoin.

I will give you a hint.  You are member of it. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Hi,
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

Regards.

There is no way to make sure that bitcoin will not be banned by the governments around the world. Instead the chance looks higher because the governments will be forced by the organized financial sector companies. Banks and lenders are already identified bitcoin as a threat to their business and that's why JMP chief Jamie and an African bank released the statement that "bitcoin is scam". I think some more countries will follow suit.

However, it is impossible for the governments to ban bitcoin completely. People k now about many techniques to bypass that ban and will continue to use bitcoin and other crypto currencies as per their wish. So I don't see a big reason to worry, at least as of now. However, if the governments start taxing on bitcoin transactions instead of banning it, it will make more sense and both parties will be benefited.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
There are countries are pronihited on bitcoins. Some of them are in the 3rd world country, look at the 1st world country why they keep on spreading bitcoins and cryptocurrencies this is why its a big massive adoption happening right now. i think other countries will adopt bitcoin nor banning. they should study or read the whitepaper of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Hi,
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

Regards.

It is unlikely that most countries will ban bitcoins. Investment wise, many countries have already took bitcoins and other crypto currency, a thought. Many big personalities have been speculated to also invest in bitcoins. The market today demands highly on bitcoins. This would make the country think first before doing any decision.

Well, you haven't been listening to Jamie Dimon. He may be vehemently against Bitcoin, but what he is saying is not total non-sense. Governments like to control money, know who has it and how it is moving. Bitcoin undermines all this.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 546
Be nice!
Hi,
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

Regards.
Its impossible to ban the bitcoin in all country. Because there's one country who made thw bitcoin and im sure about that. If no country create the bitcoin then why as of now the bitcoin is alive ? Im sure that the givernment of that country is make a way to sure the bitcoin can't destroy
This makes somehow makes sense. Because these kind of cases isn't rarely to happen in fact it mostly happen in a lot of stuffs. Lets make Marijuana an example, it's existence is considered not just ban but rather illegal in most countries but there are some that makes it legal to use due to its good effects from which bitcoin has a lot of.
Anyway, if bitcoin is ban on every country then it's value will just go down but will never be worthless because it will still be use on P2P transactions.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Hi,
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

Regards.

It is unlikely that most countries will ban bitcoins. Investment wise, many countries have already took bitcoins and other crypto currency, a thought. Many big personalities have been speculated to also invest in bitcoins. The market today demands highly on bitcoins. This would make the country think first before doing any decision.
Pages:
Jump to: