Pages:
Author

Topic: Serious topic: how can we be sure Bitcoin will not be banned by most countries? - page 6. (Read 1908 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Well do not worry it will not happen. I mean it is dependent on what bitcoin will give on the country. Well in China, they banned ICO. Because the case was they referred it to as scam.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I have zero doubt in my mind that the USA will ban exchanges eventually. This WILL happen, mark my words. However there will be countries like Switzerland, Japan etc who will welcome the new business with open arms. Switzerland is already seen as a safe haven for crypto. The big US exchanges will move to offshore locations & the price will begin to recover again, similar to the whole China Fiasco. Furthermore we are moving to decentralized exchanges, when this happens there will be zero stopping bitcoin. It will win out in the long run.
Have faith in the technology, HODL & buy the dips along the bumpy ride. The US banning exchanges will be the last FUD weapon left in the arsenal, I hope it happens sooner rather than later just to get it out of the way.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
Well they have (governments) a nice skiing holiday in Davos every year (world economic forum) where they discuss how they will rule the world for the next year or the G20 and if they all agree here to a blanket ban of exchanges and even crypto itself, there is not much anyone can do about it. Sure btc will survive underground but no average person will use it or more importantly for the price anyway, institutional investor are gone
Hopefully this never happens  Undecided
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
You want to see bitcoin banned by a lot of countries....see its value from the close to 5k it is now to say 50k in 6 months....

banker fud/fea3/etc all hell would break loose politically across the world..the powers that be would be frigging out of their mind with wtf!!!

if that was the case, they could try, but by that point, it probably would be moot....

anyway, a scenario not likely based in reality...
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
Well they have (governments) a nice skiing holiday in Davos every year (world economic forum) where they discuss how they will rule the world for the next year or the G20 and if they all agree here to a blanket ban of exchanges and even crypto itself, there is not much anyone can do about it. Sure btc will survive underground but no average person will use it or more importantly for the price anyway, institutional investor are gone
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
We can't. It seems China, Russia and north korea are against the currency right now. But other countries really havent made much of a statement. I think the USA and the UK embrace it and aren't threaten by it. but if every country did ban it it would hurt bitcoin but wouldn't completely destroy it. it would just be considered illegal to use.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
We just need to show to the government officials that they need to pay attention to the cryptocurrencies like bitcoin which is a great upgrade or addition to the financial system that they have right now and we just need to tell that Japan is one of the countries that already accepted it and the country of Japan is having a good results in bitcoin so if we will tell those reasons to the government or even show it then they will not ban bitcoin for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin will be legalized by most of the countries and only countries ruled by noobs will stand against bitcoin always like my Country.
Nepalese government have just heard of the word bitcoin and out of anxiousness they made it illegal for trading.

But how any government gonna ban the use of bitcoin? If you are willing to accept bitcoin as payment and another guy is ready to pay you in bitcoin, how government gonna stop such peer to peer trading? They can ban bitcoin trading platform operating in the country but they can't stop the use of bitcoin.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I think it would be very unlikely for all countries to ban it unless it significantly changed the world order by completely undermining all the major currencies. It's no-where near that at the moment.

I'm hoping that governments are more likely to regulate cryptocurrency and tax it.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Surely they can ban bitcoin but they can control or prohibit people into not using it. As long as people have internet they will use bitcoin even in the past years when bitcoin was still widely use in dark and deep webs people still despite that its illegal. So how much more now the digital currency have grown even bigger and price is getting due to the increase of demand. This government dont understand that they cant stop BTC.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
It never gonna happen . Because bitcoin is a cryptocurrency which is spreading all over the world.Main focus of bitcoin is trading and also we can use it for the other purpose [ such as shopping, medicines ,trip tickets .....etc] .Yes,some of them are using this bitcoins for criminal activities but that never be a reason to barn it.The accessibility of bitcoin is increasing day by day so barn this cryptocurrency is not at all easy,it's only my opinion.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
In my opinion, bitcoin will not be banned. Too many banks are investing in blockchain technology. They will spread FUD just to buy them at lower prices, but, at the end, bitcoin will be accepted at a global level.

What I think is that in the next years governments will work on regulating bitcoin exchanges and taxes, and bitcoin will be used daily.
Activity: 771
Merit: 293
Bad issues about bitcoin get bigger after china kicking bitcoin from their country. I'm always ready for all the worst, so I always convert most of my bitcoin into fiat currency. If something bad happens, everything is under control.
Why is that? because for me the risks of investing bitcoin in the long time are huge, so I just trade it and immediately convert my profits into fiat currency.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
you can never be sure. what you can be sure is that nobody should care what the countries do. bitcoin is DECENTRALIZED! and that means something...

with China, and now this rumor about Russia, I have to ask this question:

you are asking the wrong question. you should be asking what China and Russia really said.
China said they are banning ICOs and they also closed down a couple of exchanges that did not have any license and were laundering money.
Russia said ICOs are causing a lot of financial damage, they also said cryptocurrencies are dangerous, they also said cryptocurrencies are the future and should be legalized. they have not done anything about any of it yet though. they also closed some exchanges.
Activity: 308
Merit: 267
We don't know for sure but i think it will depends in the impact of the coin to a specific country. Let me give you a good example:

If a country uses bitcoin and also the official uses bitcoin and they steal a money in the government and use bitcoin to launder it. It's possible right? We all know that if you go in the cryptocurrency or at least in the internet you're anonymous.

Also if all people in the country tries to work all in the cryptocurrency they're not going to receive a tax payment for every person who works and earns money.

This all just my ideas and opinion.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
Banning Bitcoin across countries?, I haven't see it will happen, there's a possibilities, however, it was too small to consider.

Even half of this world would banned Bitcoin, it won't stop Bitcoin enthusiast, investor and fanatic.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
when some countries ban bitcoins, some other countries will accept it to have the hot money in, unless all the countries come to an accord, that's impossible.

Sounds like great logic here Smiley hope things will be fine. We will all immigrate to Belize if we need to, lol.

You no need migrate anywhere buddy. Since, government of china banned bitcoin still many chinese ebay resellers are selling the miners and other products related to bitcoin. So we can use in the same country converting it into a fiat cash with the available traders. They banned the sites in country only but the domain created under different country cannot be controlled by China and all. There is no ban will be happen in future still recently next country to china. India made it is a legal money.
Yes, good point Wipro Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 152
Do you ever heard the saying "Forge the iron while it's hot"?
I am planning to live like that. I am watching how new and new countries joining to regulation of cryptocurrencies which consists in ICOs banning and banning of exchangers, but I am going to make bitcoins and sell it and trade it while it didn't come to my country. Simply. And after I will see.
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
when some countries ban bitcoins, some other countries will accept it to have the hot money in, unless all the countries come to an accord, that's impossible.

Sounds like great logic here Smiley hope things will be fine. We will all immigrate to Belize if we need to, lol.

You no need migrate anywhere buddy. Since, government of china banned bitcoin still many chinese ebay resellers are selling the miners and other products related to bitcoin. So we can use in the same country converting it into a fiat cash with the available traders. They banned the sites in country only but the domain created under different country cannot be controlled by China and all. There is no ban will be happen in future still recently next country to china. India made it is a legal money.
Activity: 420
Merit: 106

There is a possibility that bitcoin will be banned in many country. but observe bitcoin in your country if there is lots of use in bitcoin in your country the possibility is low to become banned. like in my country there is mobile app using bitcoin to buy stuff in many online and physical stores nation wide. As a investor this one of the big risk you will be facing in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: