Pages:
Author

Topic: Seriously guys, why? - page 3. (Read 4944 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 23, 2011, 01:05:14 AM
Why Bitcoin?
Faster than cash.
Faster and cheaper than Western Union.
Faster and cheaper than Moneygram.

Not true.

I want to see you send $100 via BTC to the USA and have someone pick it up in USD Cash at the local grocery store in minutes after it was sent.

With BTC,

Send BTC, Recieve BTC, Send to Exchange, Recieve at Exchange, Sell BTC (hoping you don't get Goxed), withdraw USD via Dwolla/Paxum to Bank and finally into USD you can get across a counter.

I fail to see the speed advantage?Huh Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Western Union can take up to an hour. On the phone costumer service tells you to wait 20 minutes but it usually takes longer. What does time frame does Western Union Guarantee... None.
In Minutes Money Transfer Service

Restrictions
Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination, country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, Agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. For Internet and Telephone Services you must use a credit or debit card issued by a U.S. bank. Qualifying PIN-based debit cards are accepted at participating Agent locations. A card issuer cash advance fee may apply.

We are talking bitcoin vs other electronic service aren't we?

You attempting to compare apples to oranges. Transferring currency versus transferring currency then exchanging it for a different currency.
We don't want USD at all.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!
August 23, 2011, 12:53:27 AM
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
August 23, 2011, 12:52:11 AM
Honestly, I wonder why some random miner from 2009 with 400k Bitcoin HASN'T sold everything.  I think he's a fantastically huge idiot if he hasn't done so already.  Seriously...being an early adopter is like finding a million dollars superglued to the sidewalk (gotta do a little thinking to get it off the sidewalk without destroying it, but you're a moron to let it sit there without doing anything about it).

Why would you sell for $4 million if you can potentially sell it for $40 million next year?

Coz you're impatient, and scared.

That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time.

My question or my answer to it? Perhaps you could answer the question more intelligently then.

Sure.  $4 mil is a guaranteed retirement.  You can buy a wonderful house, a wonderful car, etc. travel anywhere you like, and you already won't have to work a day for the rest of your life.  You will also probably have a couple mil left over.  Investing this in something like a Roth IRA (especially if you're young) will give you the opportunity to have many more millions guaranteed in a decade.  The price of Bitcoin could also go down a lot if someone decides to dump before you do, and then you missed you chance (this is a very likely possibility).  How do I know this is likely?  I would do it in a heartbeat.  That means if I had $4 mil profit in Bitcoins, you better believe I'd dump it ALL and I would have absolutely no guilt for screwing you over if you were the other one with $4 mil in Bitcoins.  I'm sure there are many more lie me.  You could also do the whole retirement thing, and with the $2 mil you have left over, reinvest in Bitcoin if buyers decide to suck up all the coins you dumped.  Need I go on?

Are you interested in a guaranteed retirement now?  Or the potential of a guaranteed retirement later with the risk of losing it?  Seriously, how greedy can you be?  "God I just won a 4 million dollar lotto!  I fucking hate when that happens!"

Edit:  By the way, if you have $4 mil in a savings account at, let's say, an annual interest rate of .05%,  that's 20 grand a year right there for letting it sit while you figure out what the hell to do with it all.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
August 23, 2011, 12:44:40 AM
Why Bitcoin?
Faster than cash.
Faster and cheaper than Western Union.
Faster and cheaper than Moneygram.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 23, 2011, 12:39:05 AM
Honestly, I wonder why some random miner from 2009 with 400k Bitcoin HASN'T sold everything.  I think he's a fantastically huge idiot if he hasn't done so already.  Seriously...being an early adopter is like finding a million dollars superglued to the sidewalk (gotta do a little thinking to get it off the sidewalk without destroying it, but you're a moron to let it sit there without doing anything about it).

Why would you sell for $4 million if you can potentially sell it for $40 million next year?

My question or my answer to it? Perhaps you could answer the question more intelligently then.
Activity: 406
Merit: 257
August 23, 2011, 12:31:30 AM
Simple, anyone mining back then and thinking like that most likely sold at $1.
legendary
August 23, 2011, 12:19:22 AM

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 23, 2011, 12:12:15 AM

legendary
August 22, 2011, 11:49:38 PM
The other thing is I want to see into the idea of mining cryptocurrencies in space with the mining done on satellites that use space based solar power SBSP for an energy source or using a throium reactor on the moon or mars. They might get a lot of stales if they are trying to mine bitcoins on earth so they could start a new block chain and then trade those coins with us for bitcoins. They could even be used to back a fiat currency which we then float on forex markets and kind of start a space based monetary fund using sol as our central bank.

I think I'm just going to open a bottled air business.  Want to buy Hawaii air?  New Zealand air?  Stinky Guam air?  I'm your guy.  

get me an honest bottle of Martian air and we'll talk

Haha how do you know i didn't just suck on the bottle really really hard?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 22, 2011, 11:48:18 PM
The other thing is I want to see into the idea of mining cryptocurrencies in space with the mining done on satellites that use space based solar power SBSP for an energy source or using a throium reactor on the moon or mars. They might get a lot of stales if they are trying to mine bitcoins on earth so they could start a new block chain and then trade those coins with us for bitcoins. They could even be used to back a fiat currency which we then float on forex markets and kind of start a space based monetary fund using sol as our central bank.

I think I'm just going to open a bottled air business.  Want to buy Hawaii air?  New Zealand air?  Stinky Guam air?  I'm your guy.  

get me an honest bottle of Martian air and we'll talk
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
August 22, 2011, 11:41:47 PM
legendary
August 22, 2011, 11:39:26 PM

I think I'm just going to open a bottled air business.  Want to buy Hawaii air?  New Zealand air?  Stinky Guam air?  I'm your guy. 
August 22, 2011, 11:37:43 PM
legendary
August 22, 2011, 11:36:54 PM
Activity: 61
August 22, 2011, 11:28:50 PM
legendary
August 22, 2011, 11:25:11 PM
hahahaha so if I mine for haven't gotten laid since 2009 coin what happens if I break the drought do my coins become worthless?

other than that "Seriously guys, why all the forks?" "why?, please stop guys, this is just not cool now, i'm not playing anymore, mum please tell them not to make any more forks waahhh"

If you break the drought you can exchange them for noodle coin.  But keep in mind the transaction fees are outrageous.
August 22, 2011, 11:21:21 PM
hahahaha so if I mine for haven't gotten laid since 2009 coin what happens if I break the drought do my coins become worthless?

other than that "Seriously guys, why all the forks?" "why?, please stop guys, this is just not cool now, i'm not playing anymore, mum please tell them not to make any more forks waahhh"
legendary
August 22, 2011, 11:00:53 PM
Rolls off the tongue though, doesn't it?
Activity: 68
August 22, 2011, 10:47:29 PM
posted by the joint:
haven't-gotten-laid-since-2009-coin

Dude, don't out my shit.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
August 22, 2011, 10:01:34 PM
Nobody even knows how to pronounce Freicoin and you expect people to use it?

I don't like that name either, I said a currency like Freicoin.
Pages:
Jump to: