Pages:
Author

Topic: Seriously, smartphones will die within 10 years. - page 9. (Read 3459 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
First, most of forum members have internet access at home. Some still go to internet-cafe.
Second, smartphone is spying satan compared to basic phones or feature phones.
Third, feature phone browser is enough when on-the-go.
Fourth, buy a tablet or PDA when you must review documents or do something business-related on the go.
Fifth, many Wi-Fi hotspots are for monetization and making money.

That's why smartphones will die in 10 years, we will start again to use basic phones and make street internet great again. For example free or paid internet shed and telephone shed. For example London is getting uglier (no phone sheds) due to mobile phone revolution. I suggest everyone if you want to join the protest switch to basic phone for 3 days.

All I can say is that the mass production of smartphones nowadays will have a very dynamic impact which affects the environment. Electronic waste will be generated as new technologies arrived. I think it is time that these companies should think about it and stop being greedy too much.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
No, technology doesn't go backwards like that. People love their smartphones and will continue to do so. Do you want to walk around with a big computer in your pocket?
In which world do you live? That's already happening, smartphones are about to be as big like a computer, i miss the day when they were small and proper to carry anywhere.

It gets a lot different every year and though changes or upgrades may be made with would change somehow how we use it, smartphones i think are here to stay. It's been quite an innivation and now we can't even leave the house without it. It would take a long time before something completely different can replace smartphones in our lives
legendary
Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000
I think that smartphone will just evolved in a new version but will not die in 10 years. Different smart phone companies have invested billions of dollars to their R&D group to come up with new and revolutionary phones every year so I don't think that they will die but will be replace by newest technology out there. Maybe the next thing will be a wearable one, but it is still smartphone technically.

Phones in 10 years may assume a different shape but we will still need to communicate with each other so they won't die maybe they will get very small and have a ear piece and microphone instead.

Exactly, they maybe even wearable in the future, and as what I mentioned it is evolving but still smartphone that can help a lot of people. Another thing I'm thinking is that it will integrate more of AI, and its making its way there, step by step.
I personally can't wait for "wearable" or "mergeable" tech. If there is ever going to be a way for me to increase my brain power or to make my biological body more efficient in any way, I will definitely jump on that. I hope we'll be able to see more colours and stuff like that, while accelerating learning and decreasing fatigue.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
I think that smartphone will just evolved in a new version but will not die in 10 years. Different smart phone companies have invested billions of dollars to their R&D group to come up with new and revolutionary phones every year so I don't think that they will die but will be replace by newest technology out there. Maybe the next thing will be a wearable one, but it is still smartphone technically.

Phones in 10 years may assume a different shape but we will still need to communicate with each other so they won't die maybe they will get very small and have a ear piece and microphone instead.

Exactly, they maybe even wearable in the future, and as what I mentioned it is evolving but still smartphone that can help a lot of people. Another thing I'm thinking is that it will integrate more of AI, and its making its way there, step by step.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
No, technology doesn't go backwards like that. People love their smartphones and will continue to do so. Do you want to walk around with a big computer in your pocket?
In which world do you live? That's already happening, smartphones are about to be as big like a computer, i miss the day when they were small and proper to carry anywhere.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Smartphones are hard to escape from human life, for communication, business, transactions and others, even already almost all human needs must be related to the smartphone.
Whether 10 years later the smartphone will die? It is very difficult that it will happen, that there may be a simpler viewing but more and more advanced features are available.
Activity: 24
I don't think they will die, but there was a different method that we will communicate and keep in contact.
Activity: 868
Merit: 303
I think coming back to basic phones will degrade us. Smart phones now a days help us in our daily works like using the mswords and so on. It is very convinient to use as you can bring it everywhere you want. Thinking of using basic phones will not help us at all. It will just make us burn so much time where smartphone can help us to save time.
Activity: 868
Merit: 256
First, most of forum members have internet access at home. Some still go to internet-cafe.
Second, smartphone is spying satan compared to basic phones or feature phones.
Third, feature phone browser is enough when on-the-go.
Fourth, buy a tablet or PDA when you must review documents or do something business-related on the go.
Fifth, many Wi-Fi hotspots are for monetization and making money.

That's why smartphones will die in 10 years, we will start again to use basic phones and make street internet great again. For example free or paid internet shed and telephone shed. For example London is getting uglier (no phone sheds) due to mobile phone revolution. I suggest everyone if you want to join the protest switch to basic phone for 3 days.

Ive even read an article that says smartphones will die in "5" years. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/12039813/Smartphones-to-die-out-within-five-years-says-new-study.html
Its possible that it will be faced out because more models are being released from time to time. But i disagree to the idea of returing to basic phones. The movement of phone technology wont turn retro but keeps going onward. Smartphones will die because new, more high-tech, and more convenient gadgets might appear. This means people will have newer means of communication, thus leaving the basic phone more left behind.                         
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Technology eventually always upgrade,
Next thing we know, smartphones are no longer there and we can just communicate thru telepathy

Im not sure about that. Telepathy may take centuries if we can even have the technology to tap into it. As for smartphones, in 10years ot may still be one of the top communication devices that people prefer. It may have upgrades and may be a bit different already from how it is now and would probably be a lot more advanced but the convenience of smartphone's concept would ensure its demand well into the future
Activity: 306
Merit: 107
I'm going to eat your cookies
Technology eventually always upgrade,
Next thing we know, smartphones are no longer there and we can just communicate thru telepathy
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Activity: 20
i think not. Smartphones are really useful as they provide convenience to users because they provide a host of applications for a number of tasks.
i hope soon they will come out with more compact designs.

That's right sir, they are bigger now (don't like it), i miss the time when they tend to be small.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
I don't think it will. If you see the statistics then you'll know that many countries are not using smartphones as first world countries. They're yet to discover it's potential and usage, they're curious about it. It may die eventually but not in 10 years.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I think you are joking, now can be said that the smart machine world, adults and children are inseparable from it, I believe he will not die in 10 years, on the contrary it will be more powerful.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
"A smartphone can only be beaten by an overwhelming force, or an equal"
-Panda Trump

What this quote shows us, is that Smartphones will only be beaten if everyone suddenly thinks like "Hey, that's garbage!"... And I'm quite sure that won't happen.. Or an equal gets on stage, but that's most likely another smartphone...
I think that another massively used new item will be the brain-controlled phones... But I don't think they'll be on the market anytime soon and in 10 years definitely not cheap enough for anyone to buy...

Regards,
Trump
Activity: 28
Why should they die? Why should you ever go back to basic phones lol
Activity: 14
smartphone will not die that easy
Activity: 14
most folks will revert to basic phones
Activity: 11