Pages:
Author

Topic: Seriously? "WARNING: This user is a newbie.." - page 2. (Read 4718 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

thats jsut a warning anyway. i got that message like everyone one here when they're once a newbie.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Hugroll is right, one reminder attached to first message is enough. But if every next message looks like this, you really appear like a scammer to other members.

Get over it bro, it only takes a month to reach jr. member so if you want to remove that warning message, wait until you turn jr.

Chill. If you followed the topic you know I have been here for 2 years. So how does it work? You are tuning into Jr with a time or with an activity where you are actually logged in?

The quickest way I see it is to pass some certain amount of comments/posts.
why is this such a big deal to you?

I would have to agree.  You will be out of newbie in not a ton of time.  So it's not a lifetime sentence of having that or yes that would be a problem. 

Before it there seemed to be a to common of a trend of people creating names like sellers of auctions or goods.  They would message people, in a hurry they did not notice was a newbie account and not real person.  So they got scammed.  It seems like this newbie warning has almost if not gotten rid of this which is awesome.

So it by far does more good then bad.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
WARNING: This user is a newbie.

This makes it EXTREMELY hard for new users to get started up.
It makes every newbie look like a scammer.
No it doesn't. It tells the person receiving the message that such message is not from an established user. If someone is expecting a message from a trusted, established user (and has already checked their trust rating) then they may not notice that the person sending the message has zero posts or even that they have negative trust. 

Even though the person was impersonating me, there was one instance when I needed to look closely to find the difference between his handle and my handle, and for a minute I thought that my account was hacked when I saw that "quickseller '" had last posted in my auction thread.

I would personally suggest that newbies be prevented from having anything in their personal text in order to prevent them from having "senior member" (or administrator, or whatever rank of the person they are attempting to impersonate) in their personal text.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

this is a bitcoin forum, not a marketplace forum. the warning isnt that intrusive, and well justified imo.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Well if you just do some posting and don't immediately jump to attempting to do trades, then you won't have that warning and you won't seem like a scammer. Duh.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I understand how you feel OP, but you have to understand that the forum is designed to keep people aware that the scam can be waiting for them behind every corner. Most of the scams are done exactly by the newbies, like PayPal buying scams, etc..

Don't take this personal, we all had to go through this, remember this.

Ya man. Solution suggested already, up to admins what they will gonna do. I will deal with it either this or that.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I understand how you feel OP, but you have to understand that the forum is designed to keep people aware that the scam can be waiting for them behind every corner. Most of the scams are done exactly by the newbies, like PayPal buying scams, etc..

Don't take this personal, we all had to go through this, remember this.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

Hugroll is right, one reminder attached to first message is enough. But if every next message looks like this, you really appear like a scammer to other members.

Get over it bro, it only takes a month to reach jr. member so if you want to remove that warning message, wait until you turn jr.

Chill. If you followed the topic you know I have been here for 2 years. So how does it work? You are tuning into Jr with a time or with an activity where you are actually logged in?

If you have really been here for two years then you do know that the activity is not about how many post you make here. It's about the time you spent in the forum, with accordance to the 14 activity every 14 days. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

why is this such a big deal to you?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7

The 30 days is the minimum it takes to get to Jr member, in one activity period(14 days) you can get 14 activity points and if you do not post in time period those are forever lost(for you)
Edit: About 30 days being the least amount of days, actually you can be a Jr member in 29 days to be exact, if you post in monday just before the activity period resets.

Chill. If you followed the topic you know I have been here for 2 years. So how does it work? Are you turning into Jr with a time or with an activity where you are actually logged in?

Activity: 847
Merit: 500
Lol. It's just a simple warning to members. It won't hurt any interaction so I don't see the problem with it. It only makes sense to warn people when trading with a new member.
Let's come up with solution better than this Smiley

Go on then. What do you suggest as a solution? The warning is there because impersonation by newbs of higher ranked members was becoming rife and they had actually been successful in scamming people. Since this warning was put into place I don't believe there's been a single successful scam this way so it works.

See my message again.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
You'd be surprised how many people fall for it. Thse types of scams made away with at least 15k that I know of, probably more that I don't know of.

It's not a big deal, get over it.

that's interesting, 15k in $ or bitcoin, because there is a big difference, it could compete with some major thief that stole big amount of coin on famous exchange
You'd be surprised how many people fall for it. Thse types of scams made away with at least 15k that I know of, probably more that I don't know of.

Well, if you do business here its a common sense you would like to check the person beforehand. "This user is a newbie" huge text indeed reminds people about it but don't you think it might be a complete turnoff? I don't think admins here tracks reply rate of personal messages from newbies but I won't be surprised if the reply rate is very low due to this red, bold text. This is my main concern.

Let's just put it this way, people here are literate enough to understand why there is a warning and lliterate enough not to complain about it. Get over it. Wink

wat

http://i.imgur.com/9snHyfC.jpg

doesnt really sound fair to new fair users. how about for a solution we do this: that warning only gets sent once to a person that the newbie is pming with? like they only get the message the first time

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
doesnt really sound fair to new fair users. how about for a solution we do this: that warning only gets sent once to a person that the newbie is pming with? like they only get the message the first time
legendary
Well, if you do business here its a common sense you would like to check the person beforehand. "This user is a newbie" huge text indeed reminds people about it but don't you think it might be a complete turnoff? I don't think admins here tracks reply rate of personal messages from newbies but I won't be surprised if the reply rate is very low due to this red, bold text. This is my main concern.

Let's just put it this way, people here are literate enough to understand why there is a warning and lliterate enough not to complain about it. Get over it. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

Pages:
Jump to: