Pages:
Author

Topic: Setting up new diff thread Dec 6 to Dec 20 picks closed. - page 4. (Read 9097 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Today was a CRAZY DAY again

+25.7%
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Yeah it is like they all paced themselves from February to September then they turned into sprinters.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
If one entity can add enough hash to raise difficulty by 21%, I don't know if there is a lot of reason to make that two 10% steps, or a single step of 21%.
The sooner they are hashing the more money you will make.

I think the timing of introducing LARGE amounts of hash power is something that they consider.  The longer you can mine at a lower difficulty the better your bottom line is.  I'm sure there's an analysis a large ASIC company can perform to show them just how much hash to add how fast in order to maximize their return.  When you are adding hundreds of petahash you better be looking at stuff like this or you're dumb at business.
It really is all just a race to mine as many coins as they can before the halving.  Other than running profit numbers on effieciency right now, I really just think their intent is to get as much out of the next 7 months as they can before assessing where the price of BTC is at post halving.

I think it always has been a race between companies.   This has not changed only change was the companies seem to change sometimes.

Also right now companies are trying to make money with newer chips that they likely spent a ton on R/D.  So  getting it out quick and first is a good way to pay off that R/D cost.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
If one entity can add enough hash to raise difficulty by 21%, I don't know if there is a lot of reason to make that two 10% steps, or a single step of 21%.

I think the timing of introducing LARGE amounts of hash power is something that they consider.  The longer you can mine at a lower difficulty the better your bottom line is.  I'm sure there's an analysis a large ASIC company can perform to show them just how much hash to add how fast in order to maximize their return.  When you are adding hundreds of petahash you better be looking at stuff like this or you're dumb at business.
It really is all just a race to mine as many coins as they can before the halving.  Other than running profit numbers on effieciency right now, I really just think their intent is to get as much out of the next 7 months as they can before assessing where the price of BTC is at post halving.
legendary
Activity: 1274

legendary
well it has made these threads a lot more interesting.

I wonder how price will hold under all this action.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
It wouldn't make sense for them to dump all their hash online at once, that kind of shock to the difficulty would have a huge impact on their earnings, so it makes sense that they ramp it up slowly and not shock the network into large adjustments that affect everyone's bottom line.

I think at the moment it's simpler than that and if you have the miners than you add them as quickly as you can. The sooner they are hashing the more money you will make.

I suspect the only factor limiting a BitFury or KNC is first having the Miners and then the facility and staff to get them up and running.

Rich
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
It wouldn't make sense for them to dump all their hash online at once, that kind of shock to the difficulty would have a huge impact on their earnings, so it makes sense that they ramp it up slowly and not shock the network into large adjustments that affect everyone's bottom line.

I am not sure it matters much to try and "time" when you add hash. If one entity can add enough hash to raise difficulty by 21%, I don't know if there is a lot of reason to make that two 10% steps, or a single step of 21%. BitFury can also see that Bitmain is adding hash at hefty pace via it's S7 deliveries (internal or external), so maybe there isn't much value in trying to "ramp up slowly". After all, is Bitmain going to alter their plans for S7 deliveries based on BitFury actions?

Right now, I think the "ASIC arms race" is fully underway, and it will be a while for it to "exhaust itself" to a situation like the first 6 months of 2015.  The big vendors might be VERY worried about the impact the halving will have on their ability to price miners. They might well want to transfer all that risk to their customers, and not have a lot of S7's waiting to sell in April.
legendary
Activity: 1274
legendary
Jeez...
It looks like it really might be a 20% difficulty jump this time.

I thought i would never see those kind of difficulty changes, anymore.

even if we do 20%  do not forget the monster 1 day 212 blocks made  if it was bitfury doing a test .  It means they can do 180 to 250 more ph then what  we will  jump to in a few days.

Estimated Next Difficulty:   93,646,950,212 (+18.39%)  and about 700ph.

So say the above happens and one day 1 of the next jump bitfury adds 200 ph

we would then go to 110 diff  and 900ph the next jump.

The above case is not unrealistic.

d57heinz PPN method of prediction  may prove very good.

legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
Jeez...

Good news is price broke into the 440's.  Right now where hitting 445.

So could be interesting to watch we might hit the 450 mark I have been wanting to see.  I think this difficulty will hurt but price will go up.

Thats why i think the chess move now is to buy coins.. let the manufacturers fight it out.  My opinion would be if you have to buy a machine wait till end of january or so.. That way you can get the miner at the lowest cost. And at that point diff would hope to level off for a while..  There is no way you can mine back 40 % in a month of miner cost if we keep seeing these crazy jump.. Im waiting till the network hits around 850 - 900 peta before i look again at miners.

Good luck to all this round.. looks like i was once again conservative.. will have to rethink my strategy for next round.. if the pattern hold i look for them to turn back on soon before the next diff adjustment.

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
Jeez...

Good news is price broke into the 440's.  Right now where hitting 445.

So could be interesting to watch we might hit the 450 mark I have been wanting to see.  I think this difficulty will hurt but price will go up.
Activity: 406
Merit: 254
Jeez...

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
All the picks are in so good luck to everyone! We almost lost about another day this round : Reward-Drop ETA: 2016-07-21 03:33:34 UTC
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
I am too late so just for entertainment purposes I have to say +29% ...
legendary
We are about 25 blocks away from closing the contest.

You have approximately until 5AM UTC / Midnight EST to post your guess if you haven't done so yet.

+15.7 = alfacro

Newbie members are not eligible, sorry.

It's far above my pay grade but I really suggest looking at keeping this rule on future ones aswell.  It just seems allowing newbie is to easy to game system.  Higher level does not make it perfect... but at least they had to put some time into it.

Still high 430's , 438 to be exact.  I'm hoping after change we see a jump to 450 but I don't know that it will happen.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
We are about 25 blocks away from closing the contest.

You have approximately until 5AM UTC / Midnight EST to post your guess if you haven't done so yet.

+15.7 = alfacro

Newbie members are not eligible, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Today is over and it was a good day

-2.1%
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
+16.7 = lanfeusst
Pages: