Pages:
Author

Topic: Setting up new diff thread Dec 6 to Dec 20 picks closed. - page 8. (Read 9097 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Amazing increase in difficulty. I rub my eyes: we've got +18.08%

If this trend continues, many people do not reach the ROI before Halving. Even with the steep increase in the value of BTC. It seems that even in January and February will see double-digit growth difficulties.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
mmh, with the recent diff jump, i'm tempted for a crazy number, but i'll stay low, 16.4 for me
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
16.4 = vortexz
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Just something to think about for when the price really starts moving up. The hash rate is going to be unbelievable.

The halving ETA keeps moving closer and closer : 2016-07-21 12:10:50 UTC (31 weeks, 6 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes)

Network capacity is more as well as more space is available due to a larger number of blocks per fixed time period.

I see halving in early july.  I am not sure who's hash this is. if sp tech put the sp 50 batch out .  they may have been this bump
Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
Just something to think about for when the price really starts moving up. The hash rate is going to be unbelievable.

The halving ETA keeps moving closer and closer : 2016-07-21 12:10:50 UTC (31 weeks, 6 days, 12 hours, 40 minutes)

Network capacity is more as well as more space is available due to a larger number of blocks per fixed time period.
legendary
+10.0   = mavericklm
+10.1 = edonkey
+10.2 = needmoney
+11.8 = flikflak
+12.1 =  zebedee

+12.3 = philipma1957
+12.5  = Notlist3d
+12.7 = indiemax
+12.8  =radnom------new---can not win btc prize>>> All three must contact with proof of address for usb prize before 1200th block
+12.9  =Forumgeiq---new-- can not win btc prize>>>>"    "        "        "         "      "      "     "       "    "     "       "          "         "

+13.0  = Valkir

+13.2 = Lauda
+13.3 = Tupsu
+14.2 = 64dimensions
+14.7 = Biodom
+14.8 = jonnybravo0311
+14.9 = Last of the V8s
+15.0 = HerbPean
+15.1 = psy0----------------new--can not win btc prize>>> "    "      "         "         "          "       "     "       "         "    "         "
+16.0 = adaseb
+16.1 = sloopy
+17.2  = d57heinz

+17.7 = Chris_Sabian
+17.8 = ingiltere
+18.4 = VirosaGITS
+18.5 = UfoRia
+20.0 = Kexkey

+21.4 = keystroke

+21.5 = wpt1wpt1
+21.7 = ezeminer
+25.5 =  goxed

okay people 3 new members  all joined the forum  this month  they are marked above.  suchmoon and I have decided what to do with prize btc and prize compac usb.

I realize the prize is very good so new names are to be expected  but I will track and make adjustments if this pattern turns excessive  in fact I am inclined to not let any more new members pick this adjustment.
  The three in can stay in but no more new members is looking like it may happen here.  Since suchmoon pays the btc I will defer to him on allowing the 3 new members to stay and have a shot.

If he does not want them in I will drop them off. We have mentioned in more then one of these giveaways that a rush of new accounts would call for action.    NO New members will not be accepted in this contest they will need at least one month old sign up and decent  posting.

I have put down how those three new accounts will be handled.  AND no more new accounts
For now I will wait to see what suchmoon wants to do with the three.

And I am banning any more from this point on during this adjustment period.

No more for this adjustment.  

And suchmoon can decide about the three that are in. He has posted that he is reviewing the 3 but is inclined to keep them.  He needs to look on a better screen then his cell phone
legendary
And suchmoon can decide about the three that are in. He has posted that he is reviewing the 3 but is inclined to keep them.  He needs to look on a better screen then his cell phone

Ok, I don't like doing this but I have to agree with HerbPean. These are totally utterly worthless user accounts very likely farmed by the same person. It would be unfair to the other participants to leave them in so let's remove them.

I will tell them this if they are willing to give me their mailing addresses by 1200th block made also know as 816th blocks remaing.

in case those  one of those picks win. I will send the winner  a compac usb stick. And they are not eligible for the btc award. All three newbies must satisfy this or all three will be eliminated.

I won't accept po boxes business  address only address with a real name.  BTW when I send  prizes out here and I have sent them out on more then one thread I always want a real name for a real address.

So in theory I need 3 verifed different addresses to award the stick.  Seems fair  .  and we can leave those as unpick-able picks so if they all give me real addresses for the stick up front.  and one of them wins they get a free stick.

but the .316 btc rolls over and next round I give away a new free stick.

No regulars get hurt and if they were all legit and one wins this time  they get a stick. It just means I give sticks away two times.

From the next contest on account must be  at least 1 full month and  a junior member and pre-vet with me via pm
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
It's not too late to pick.

However it is too late for ROI, apparently. Especially for us poor schlubs who bought batch 1 S7s for 8 BTC each  Shocked

got 2 batch 1 but also a batch 4 for 3.6btc ... So avg cost went quite acceptable ;-)
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
When there are 816 blocks left then the contest closes as stated on the first page.  Insane hash on the network, someone just flipped the switch on a mega farm or many mega farms.  This looks like a hash war
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
+16.1 = sloopy

This is going to be one heck of a rise.
I miss the summer as well as others heh, but the price is nice to see for a change in the action.

I hope we see something around 400 that sticks for a bit and levels out for a while for other variables to catch up and even out.

I am not surprised to see avalon holding hard at their price, but I thought they would try to be a bit more competitive.

Maybe we will see a fire sale and then a holding pattern for a month at least.

So many new miners too. It has been a rush of people who picked up S7s and built out 10 - 50 - 100 TH mines.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
It's not too late to pick.

However it is too late for ROI, apparently. Especially for us poor schlubs who bought batch 1 S7s for 8 BTC each  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
+14.7 = Biodom

Is it not too late to pick?
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
+18.4 = VirosaGITS

+21.4 = keystroke

This is crazy...

Thanks!

This is INSANE.  Undecided

Not sure what to think. This isint just S7/A6 being sold. Maybe the SP50 made their way to an industrial setup in massive quantity? The Gridseed supermega data center flipped the switch?

Ok, I don't like doing this but I have to agree with HerbPean. These are totally utterly worthless user accounts very likely farmed by the same person. It would be unfair to the other participants to leave them in so let's remove them.

A while back i asked about measures to prevent people from entering multiple times. It did not seem like an issue at the time and thats the reply i got then. But seeing now how so many "new people" are showing up, i support "raising the bar" a bit.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
And suchmoon can decide about the three that are in. He has posted that he is reviewing the 3 but is inclined to keep them.  He needs to look on a better screen then his cell phone

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
+21.4 = keystroke

This is crazy...

Thanks!
legendary

+10.0   = mavericklm
+10.1 = edonkey
+10.2 = needmoney
+11.8 = flikflak
+12.1 =  zebedee

+12.3 = philipma1957
+12.5  = Notlist3d
+12.7 = indiemax
+12.8  =radnom--------------------------------new
+12.9  =Forumgeiq-----------------------------new
+13.0  = Valkir

+13.2 = Lauda
+13.3 = Tupsu
+14.2 = 64dimensions
+14.8 = jonnybravo0311
+14.9 = Last of the V8s
+15.0 = HerbPean
+15.1 = psy0-----------------------------------new
+16.0 = adaseb
+17.2  = d57heinz

+17.7 = Chris_Sabian
+17.8 = ingiltere
+18.5 = UfoRia
+20.0 = Kexkey
+21.5 = wpt1wpt1
+21.7 = ezeminer
+25.5 =  goxed

okay people 3 new members  all joined the forum  this month  they are marked above.

I realize the prize is very good so new names are to be expected  but I will track and make adjustments if this pattern turns excessive  in fact I am inclined to not let any more new members pick this adjustment.
  The three in can stay in but no more new members is looking like it may happen here.  Since suchmoon pays the btc I will defer to him on allowing the 3 new members to stay and have a shot.

If he does not want them in I will drop them off. We have mentioned in more then one of these giveaways that a rush of new accounts would call for action.    NO New members will not be accepted in this contest they will need at least one month old sign up and decent  posting.

For now I will wait to see what suchmoon wants to do with the three.

And I am banning any more from this point on during this adjustment period.

No more for this adjustment.  

And suchmoon can decide about the three that are in. He has posted that he is reviewing the 3 but is inclined to keep them.  He needs to look on a better screen then his cell phone
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
+17.8 = ingiltere

We'll definitely break record for difficulty in 2015. It's almost %100 guaranteed to get more than 10.44% which is the highest % of 2015 in November 24. Now expecting more than %15, that's crazy.
Activity: 454
Merit: 300
+21.5 or as close to that as possible for wpt1wpt1
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Smile while thinking.
+20.0 Kexkey

Woah I was away for a few days and when I am getting back the diff adjustment goes crazy!  Satoshi please do something!  Wink
legendary
I hope I can still enter. Even after the block smashing today has done.

+21.7 = ezeminer
lots of time blocks made are under 1000    and  1200 is cut off.

we did 225  blocks
Pages:
Jump to: