Pages:
Author

Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner - page 6. (Read 452140 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Will it damange the S1 by only running power to the side with the ethernet port and not hooking power to the opposite side? Basically only mining from one board. I am having power issues right now where I keep blowing the fuse to the circuit box.
You'll be fine, but you'll only be running one board, as the second board will not have any power.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Will it damange the S1 by only running power to the side with the ethernet port and not hooking power to the opposite side? Basically only mining from one board. I am having power issues right now where I keep blowing the fuse to the circuit box.
Will YOU buy the S1 Upgrade Kit? If so, what is your reasoning?

I'm in a datacenter so my electric is based on demand, not kwh, and is a flat rate.  When my s1's stop paying for the bill, I'll upgrade to the S3's but no need right now for extra money on hardware. I'll probably upgrade in about 6 weeks.
Activity: 966
It's Not Enough
Will YOU buy the S1 Upgrade Kit? If so, what is your reasoning?

Activity: 569
Merit: 500
I didn't find it on the first page and the post I found was locked , so I ask... How do  I reset an s1?

I thought like any other device on power hold the s2 button and hope for some indication that its reset.

Is there another button or am I missing another button somewhere

Edit: It went and went with no notification except me trying to connect

hold the button in then turn on the power supply, hold it for a few more seconds then release.
wait 2 - 3 minutes for the network lights to start blinking. I've had one need to wait 5 minutes.

when it takes longer I shut the power off and back on. it seems sometimes this reset causes them to hang up where repeating the process again resolves it.
I didn't find it on the first page and the post I found was locked , so I ask... How do  I reset an s1?

I thought like any other device on power hold the s2 button and hope for some indication that its reset.

There should be a push button on the control module that will reset it back to factory settings.
Here you go: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6042428
Activity: 546
I didn't find it on the first page and the post I found was locked , so I ask... How do  I reset an s1?

Edit: It went and went with no notification except me trying to connect
Activity: 546
Can anyone give me a heads up if there's anything special I have to set up with an s3 to get it to mine. I think I set all the addresses setup and the mining pools set up but its not showing mining yet.

I have it connected to the pci express plugs closest to the Ethernet port and have adequate power.

Thanks

edit: Antminers hate spaces and I missed clearing one out. Now I'm green to go.
One last question.

Is it possible to solo mine into a wallet on another computer with this?

I am trying to solo mine the Trinity from Rig A (with miner) to Rig B (with wallet). I keep getting on the Status- Dead under the Miner Status Tab.
I'm not the best person to ask for that, though there are some threads on here that can help you out. No link provided, I have seen them in the past.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
did any of you guys managed to make those puppies work via wifi ?

yes i did
legendary
I have finally connected my miner to my network and set up the miner config page but my stupid question what do I do to get it started?

I have a green light that comes on periodically but it doesn't stay flashing. Is my config set wrong?

I have

Pool 1:                   stratum+tcp://pool.mycryptoco.in:50150
Pool1 Worker:       wallet address
Pool1 Password:   x

What coin are you mining?? have you tried another pool?

Sorry at work.

Was trying Trinity Coin. But I didn't have a chance to try another pool but I did set up Pool 2 for a different coin and pool.
Based upon their settings, that was the correct information. Did you check the system log?

I know where to look but not what I am looking for. I literally just got this yesterday and have never used one before.

EDIT: The last date in my system log looks like this:

Wed Dec 31 18:00:11 1969 kern.info kernel: [    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
Thu Aug  7 22:50:11 2014 cron.err crond[575]: time disparity of 357961 minutes detected
Thu Aug  7 23:15:01 2014 cron.info crond[575]: crond: USER root pid 4176 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor

After looking through some settings I see I am not on correct time and time zone so I synced that.

Ok After doing that I can't log back in. Ugh. I wish this was simpler like the BFL's. Install driver and run BFG miner.

Finally got everything up and going. Turns out my router ip wasn't saved correctly in the Antminer setup page.
Glad to hear!

One last question.

Is it possible to solo mine into a wallet on another computer with this?

I am trying to solo mine the Trinity from Rig A (with miner) to Rig B (with wallet). I keep getting on the Status- Dead under the Miner Status Tab.
I have finally connected my miner to my network and set up the miner config page but my stupid question what do I do to get it started?

I have a green light that comes on periodically but it doesn't stay flashing. Is my config set wrong?

I have

Sorry at work.

Was trying Trinity Coin. But I didn't have a chance to try another pool but I did set up Pool 2 for a different coin and pool.
Based upon their settings, that was the correct information. Did you check the system log?

I know where to look but not what I am looking for. I literally just got this yesterday and have never used one before.

Wed Dec 31 18:00:11 1969 kern.info kernel: [    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
Thu Aug  7 22:50:11 2014 cron.err crond[575]: time disparity of 357961 minutes detected
Thu Aug  7 23:15:01 2014 cron.info crond[575]: crond: USER root pid 4176 cmd /usr/bin/cgminer-monitor

After looking through some settings I see I am not on correct time and time zone so I synced that.

Ok After doing that I can't log back in. Ugh. I wish this was simpler like the BFL's. Install driver and run BFG miner.

Finally got everything up and going. Turns out my router ip wasn't saved correctly in the Antminer setup page.
Glad to hear!
legendary

I have

Sorry at work.

I have an internet facing IP with my ant s1, I keep getting ddos attacks from china.  A simple restart fixes this, but does any one know how I can block a specific IP within the ant software. A firewall isn't in the budget right now.

I have

Pool 1:                   stratum+tcp://pool.mycryptoco.in:50150
Pool1 Worker:       wallet address
Pool1 Password:   x

Sorry at work.

legendary

I have

Sorry at work.

I have

legendary

I have

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Fluxuation in miner speed. As I watch the miners. I have noticed a 30 to 50 percent fluctuation in the speed on the miners. They all do it, and at different times. Miner 1 will be running at 180 GH/s Miner 2 Will be at 185 GH/s and Miner 3 Will be at 195 GH/s. Then one of them will drop to 135 GH/s. The rest stay close to what they were. Then a few minutes later one of the others will drop to 120 GH/s and the one that was at 135 GH/s will be back to 185 or so GH/s Any ideas as to why? This goes on all day long..

May be temperature issues. Please post the miner stats page images of these various occasions you said when occur the next time.
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Tell me why not drop in speed devices, if the temperature is 36 rpm and 3600

The fan speed of 3600 RPM at temp 36D is very high.
The fan connectors may be not be placed properly, try unplugging the connect and check the pins in the blade.
Also check for any cracks or cuts in the controller wires from the fan to blades.
If the above two things are not the culprit then, the two possibility are fan rpm control or some controller issues in firmware of your ant.
Do the troubleshooting this way;
Fan cable check
Fan connector check
Firmware reset or update
Try checking with a spare fan
Temp sensor problem in Ant.

But when it turns 49 temp drop to 3350 for some reason, everything in turn.

Just leave it like that if hashrate is normal.
Pages:
Jump to: