Pages:
Author

Topic: ShadowCash is mathematically broken. I urge all SDC supporters to join Monero. - page 4. (Read 7970 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I dont think sdc guys are fit for Monero, they wouldnt have chosen a shit project in the first place.

Let's be nice and assume at least some of the SDC guys are just ignorant, greedy children/teens/undergrads.

They can learn from this teachable moment, where SDC's bad crypto was broken by Monero's mysterious master of cryptography.

In the best cases, former ShadowCashers will be inspired to take a lifelong interest in better ascertaining what distinguishes legitimate coins from shit projects.

We have plenty of room for everyone on Monero Mountain.  As long they're not DashHoles.   Cheesy
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Nobody has been able to use the aforementioned "faulty code" to deanonymize an actual transaction.

Don't hold your breath.

The people who would want to de-anonymize a transaction aren't going to tell you about it or benefit from a few hundred dollars in bounty money--it's more a question of, "if this coin makes it to where governments or corporations are willing to spy on it, how well does it hold up to their methods for doing so?"

I'm speaking about the dev team of Shadow who is currently testing the code and anyone in Monero who might be currently testing the code.

Monero again, how suprising.. All they are capable of and are organised to do is, troll the competition.. fucking bytecoin forkers
Activity: 606
Nobody has been able to use the aforementioned "faulty code" to deanonymize an actual transaction.

Don't hold your breath.

The people who would want to de-anonymize a transaction aren't going to tell you about it or benefit from a few hundred dollars in bounty money--it's more a question of, "if this coin makes it to where governments or corporations are willing to spy on it, how well does it hold up to their methods for doing so?"

I'm speaking about the dev team of Shadow who is currently testing the code and anyone in Monero who might be currently testing the code.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
NO PROOF!!! So very unprofessional. Couldn't lol harder. #trollteamMonero

https://blog.shadowproject.io/2016/02/12/deanonymize-shadow-nope/
https://decentralize.today/2016/02/12/broken-fud-monero-research-lab/

It's like people have their heads so far up the Monero troll team's ass that they can't even see a beacon of hope anymore. Shadow will save your cryptonote souls you lying heathen "developers".

Now you Monero devs are just all getting so desperate I want to make a jello mold of your jealousy just so I can eat some now and then stick it in the fridge then come back to it in a couple of hours and look at it and say "Nah, I don't think I could take one more bite because I am just so satisfied with the amount of Monero dev jealousy I have visually digested already. But maybe I could squeeze in the side dish of some Monero desperation..." Then I would probably eat all of it anyways because jello is maybe as delicious as Monero's developers' jealousy and desperation? Dare I say MORE delicious. No that's wrong Monero dev jealousy and desperation is the most delicious thing I have seen in a long time.

Monero is becoming the Donald Trump of crypto with less money and influence.

Activity: 744
I dont think sdc guys are fit for Monero, they wouldnt have chosen a shit project in the first place.

They will choose zcash and never your guiless shit monero!

It`s strange that your shitty spammer Smooth has not yet come to post his spams in this thread  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

Don't hold your breath.

Activity: 606

Don't hold your breath.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Personally, I think it's strange AP would try and convert SDC people over to XMR. People have brand loyalty and that's not something that can be glossed over with a few words and a welcome mat.  The majority of SDC pundits are smart and well-versed in what makes for a good privacy coin, so they'll most likely make informed decisions based on the pertinent information, not by pleas or words of discouragement.

As for the cryptography being broken, or faulty, here is the relevant conversation.

https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/issues/25#issuecomment-182987660
Activity: 672
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
And yet another topic where we can see more rubbish and dirty talk about SDC and MONERO.
People do you really think you will succeed something if you attack each other?
Please stop with these madness!
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Monero is the strongest and most honest cryptocurrency out there.

Care to elaborate where you've discovered this? Is that a fact just because you said it?

Because [XMR] what it's doing is so great, its supporters usually don't appreciate it when people fill the cryptocurrency scene up with scams and bad math.

So why exactly do you want SDC supporters to join XMR? I have a trouble following your logic – do you want those "scams and bad math" in Monero?
I guess you realize that by this insulting you're not gonna reach your goal at all, right?
When XMR is so great, why you want us? Why you bother with this? After all, we're just "shallow scammers" Wink

But hey, if you just hate Monero irrationally and refuse to ever side with it - Aeon and Boolberry are both legitimate competitors to it.  All three form a promising Cryptonote triangle. 

There's a reason why Shadow chose Bitcoin base. There's already a lot of Cryptonote coins (not that the situation would be different on BTC base..), but I see our BTC-base as an advantage.

In short: I fail to understand what's your point. Insulting SDC community (by your "scams and bad math" and my fav "even if all you bring to the table is raw financial speculation" accusations) or trying to bring all those baaaad people aboard to Monero? Either one doesn't make sense to me.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
Join Monero.... 

The most toxic, scamming, shilling, shitty community in the whole altcoin scene.

No thanks.

Monero is the strongest and most honest cryptocurrency out there.  Because what it's doing is so great, its supporters usually don't appreciate it when people fill the cryptocurrency scene up with scams and bad math. 

There is such a galactic amount of money to be made in an honest next-gen blockchain, it boggles the mind why people waste their time with shallow cons. 

Open source, honest launch, and growing positive community.  But hey, if you just hate Monero irrationally and refuse to ever side with it - Aeon and Boolberry are both legitimate competitors to it.  All three form a promising Cryptonote triangle. 
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
Join Monero.... 

The most toxic, scamming, shilling, shitty community in the whole altcoin scene.

No thanks.
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
Let me get this straight.  A flaw in a totally unrelated coin is your proposed motivation for people to jump on your coins bandwagon?  Is that about the gist of where the OP is going?

The math genius guy who broke SDC is making cool new crypto-magic for Monero.

If SDC honors its promise to pay bug bounties, Shen (besides having the option to buy XMR with his reward) will have more free time to implement multi-sig and RingCT for Monero.   Cool

Did you get that straight yet?

It's just more games being played between one coin and the next.  Rather than build a system that works.
legendary
Let me get this straight.  A flaw in a totally unrelated coin is your proposed motivation for people to jump on your coins bandwagon?  Is that about the gist of where the OP is going?

The math genius guy who broke SDC is making cool new crypto-magic for Monero.

If SDC honors its promise to pay bug bounties, Shen (besides having the option to buy XMR with his reward) will have more free time to implement multi-sig and RingCT for Monero.   Cool

Did you get that straight yet?
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
legendary
The evidence has been posted https://shnoe.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/de-anonymizing-shadowcash-and-oz-coin/ and a ShadowCash bounty has been applied for by the author. It is now up to the ShadowCash project to respond, particularly with respect to the bounty. ShadowCash is down on the news. https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sdc

I must say that this is the kind of thing that could prove fatal to a crypto currency. Those involved with ShadowCash will of course have to take the action they deem appropriate. 

https://shnoe.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/de-anonymizing-shadowcash-and-oz-coin/

is pretty damn substantive.

SDC is a dead coin anyway.  Down 25% on 12 BTC volume, because the crypto is broken.

lol rekt
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
The evidence has been posted https://shnoe.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/de-anonymizing-shadowcash-and-oz-coin/ and a ShadowCash bounty has been applied for by the author. It is now up to the ShadowCash project to respond, particularly with respect to the bounty. ShadowCash is down on the news. https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sdc

I must say that this is the kind of thing that could prove fatal to a crypto currency. Those involved with ShadowCash will of course have to take the action they deem appropriate. 
Activity: 744
americanpegasus

Unless you provide substantial proofs that SDC is broken your claims are not valid at all.

Even if we assume SDC is broken let`s wait till the issue is solved.

And finally why to join XMR`s fudster and spammer community (led by the well known spammer smooth) when we have a friendly boolberry community?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
User 'shnoe' has found a game breaking bug in Shadowcash's mathematical implementation.

https://shnoe.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/de-anonymizing-shadowcash-and-oz-coin/  

The good news is that our Monero team has met with supporters and developers of ShadowCash in the past, and though they are mistaken about which next-gen currency to support, they are real people who are genuinely trying to build something great. (Let's overlook the dramatically short POW micro-period that turned into POS).  

So again I urge:  all devs, artists, and supporters of ShadowCash need to stop with thier flawed implementation and join us in a proper Cryptonote implementation: Monero.  You are welcomed with open arms, and because it is still ultra-early you are participating in the genesis of this movement along with everyone else.  

We all have different skills and talents, even if all you bring to the table is raw financial speculation.  

Monero is not going to be some small darknet cryptocurrency: it's going to become one of the global standards for value and may soar to absurd values each... With your help.  We aren't in the Anarchist's Cookbook anymore ladies and gentlemen; this is going to be the first global private decentralized financial network.  

And this is your invitation.  It won't ever get any more crystal clear than this.  

Why not join AEON instead??  Smiley

Seriously, I think it's a bit pre-mature to call Shadow's "game" broken.  I mean no one has even offered up proof of deanonymization.
That's because they don't have it and are getting desperate.
Pages:
Jump to: