Pages:
Author

Topic: Shops now accept BTC - page 2. (Read 652 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 601
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
May 25, 2024, 02:42:40 PM
Bitcoin has been used to buy and sell goods since the past, look at the country of El Salvador. The country of El Salvador is using Bitcoin as its currency, and all buying and selling transactions are done through Bitcoin. You can never imagine the rate at which Bitcoin is spreading all over the world these days. Because in countries where Bitcoin is illegal they use it secretly, but I think Bitcoin is used all over the world either openly or secretly.

Well, you are right about people using Bitcoin secretly or not very openly in countries where Bitcoin is either illegal or has no law at all. In my country, we don't have any law regarding cryptocurrencies in general, but the banking sector doesn't allow transactions related to cryptocurrencies, and the government has given signals a couple of times about cryptocurrencies being bad or related to criminal activities, etc.

We do use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies but since financial institutions are against them and can block our accounts or confiscate our funds, we try our best to not let them know that any of our transactions are related to cryptocurrencies or we can get in trouble for it. Hopefully, we will see this getting better over time.
Activity: 280
Merit: 206
May 25, 2024, 01:56:51 PM
This is not a new news. This year I have seen two Shops in city that is accepting bitcoin as their payment option but when the government started to fight against the centralized exchanges, then I discovered that they have removed the advertisement tag at the Doo post. The government is one of the problem that Shops and businesses are not accepting bitcoin public because they are afraid that the government will go after them.
Activity: 448
Merit: 287
May 25, 2024, 10:03:29 AM
It just get to know that some shops now accept BTC as exchange, that is very good Bitcoin is making progress, after some years now Bitcoin will shock the world, with the way things are going now.
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that some businesses are accepting Bitcoin as payment, afterall it's a digital cash, and one of the factors that makes the adoption of Bitcoin to be accepted in transactions is because it's common to make fiat digital transfers. People are now used to online transfers which makes it easier for them to diversify to using Bitcoin digital cash. Although many businesses are yet to adopt Bitcoin as a means of accepting payments, they still prefer fiat which has been there for centuries, but I'm positive that in the nearest future that Bitcoin will become a dominant force as a transaction option.
Activity: 349
Merit: 27
Ultimate Launchpad on TON
May 25, 2024, 09:43:04 AM
The country of El Salvador is an example of a country that has made BTC a legal means of payment and of course El Salvador is now getting positive results because the price of BTC is now skyrocketing, and the El Salvador government since November 16 In 2022 buy BTC every day and of course if you sell BTC now it will definitely make a very big profit, even according to the news I read, if BTC can rise to $100k then the country of El Salvador can pay off its debt to the fund monetary International.
this is the link I read.
Source: https://www.cnbcindonesia.com/market/20240316000444-17-522442/el-salvador-jadi-negara-terkaya-gara-gara-bitcoin-ini-penjelasannya/amp

I think the country in the news you quoted has the largest market share in Southeast Asia and this can be seen from the size of its population and if I am not mistaken, the country has also adopted BTC the most and this is evidenced by the number of exchanges that have received permission from the local government.

I don't know yet if the country will follow in El Salvador's footsteps and if so. this will be a historical record for the development of BTC adoption, especially Southeast Asia.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 25, 2024, 09:31:48 AM
It just get to know that some shops now accept BTC as exchange, that is very good Bitcoin is making progress, after some years now Bitcoin will shock the world, with the way things are going now.

Can you specify what country are you looking for? Here in our country, there's a very limited shops that accepted bitcoin as mode of payment and it is located in an Island or some provinces wherein there's a lot of foreigners having a vacation out there. Some shops are reestaurants, spa and salon but it is not really that famous and bitcoin rarely use as a payment due to high transaction fee, that's why they endes up using cash or credi cards.
Activity: 490
Merit: 264
Rollbit.com
May 25, 2024, 09:23:53 AM
Yes, of course BTC is currently increasingly popular and it is certainly not surprising that Bitcoin is widely used in several countries to accept payments, such as in shops or bars. yes bitcoin will certainly have the potential to shake up the world in the future and even now many people are starting to like bitcoin because bitcoin can of course be used as an asset for the future or some can also be used as a means of payment but of course not all countries can use btc as a means payment but of course there is a lot of support that can make the number of BTC enthusiasts continue to increase, in essence BTC has very good potential for the future.

The country of El Salvador is an example of a country that has made BTC a legal means of payment and of course El Salvador is now getting positive results because the price of BTC is now skyrocketing, and the El Salvador government since November 16 In 2022 buy BTC every day and of course if you sell BTC now it will definitely make a very big profit, even according to the news I read, if BTC can rise to $100k then the country of El Salvador can pay off its debt to the fund monetary International.
this is the link I read.
Source: https://www.cnbcindonesia.com/market/20240316000444-17-522442/el-salvador-jadi-negara-terkaya-gara-gara-bitcoin-ini-penjelasannya/amp
Activity: 2408
Merit: 213
May 25, 2024, 08:48:41 AM
Because in countries where Bitcoin is illegal they use it secretly, but I think Bitcoin is used all over the world either openly or secretly.

You are right and that is why we can never get an accurate representation of how many people are actually using or owning bitcoin. Due to its decentralized nature, it’s difficult to determine where and who from each transaction is taking place. The only data we have is from those centralized exchanges.

Every time a country bans something, they are actually not getting rid of it. They are just illegalizing it. Some people are brave and still risk being penalized by the government just to use bitcoin
Activity: 2772
Merit: 518
May 25, 2024, 08:47:48 AM
Many shops have opened their door to accepting Bitcoin as an alternative way of paying because they noticed that many people are already buying this. The growing number of Bitcoin investors/users is a ground that establishments will also need to adapt and widen their acceptance. Perhaps, it is already more than a decade that Bitcoin has existed, and it was enough to think that this is legit and are able to understand what is this all about.

Adoption will never grow fast if only the number of investors is increasing but also, it is need for these business groups to cooperate as well.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
May 25, 2024, 08:09:52 AM

Those who have shops accepting bitcoin as payment will not know what advantage they have over others where their governments are busy chasing them and banning open bitcoin transactions like in my country Nigeria. OP you did not state the country you are from here. I feel bad when I see other people being allowed to use bitcoin freely without hiding to spend what they earned legitimately.
Activity: 434
Merit: 129
May 25, 2024, 06:19:08 AM

Bitcoin has been used to buy and sell goods since the past, look at the country of El Salvador. The country of El Salvador is using Bitcoin as its currency, and all buying and selling transactions are done through Bitcoin. You can never imagine the rate at which Bitcoin is spreading all over the world these days. Because in countries where Bitcoin is illegal they use it secretly, but I think Bitcoin is used all over the world either openly or secretly.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
May 25, 2024, 05:41:07 AM
Been here since 2016 and started with bitcoin in 2015. I am yet to see a shop in my country with bitcoin acceptance. But indeed it is happening in many other countries we just have to keep running the show till that day happens.

Things have been improving over these 8years, improvements in public approach towards the nature and use of bitcoin. However altcoins have been promoted like anything and already brought in the frowns from the public after they splashed.

Bitcoin has already shocked the world when it started back in 2009. It does not need to shock it again.
Activity: 154
Merit: 108
May 25, 2024, 03:32:18 AM

What country?

El Salvador became the first country to adopt Bitcoin as their official currency, accepting Bitcoin as a means of exchange is one the potentials that Bitcoin holds, and considering it's tremendous increments in value and widespread adoption such that even those that were doubting about the beauty of Bitcoin are now testifying, the global world is growing in digital standardization were Bitcoin is creating and enabling borderless transactions, offering protection against inflation, preserving privacy and creating investment opportunities hence what could be more than this , there is no doubt if shops are now accepting Bitcoin as means of exchange.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 100
May 25, 2024, 03:01:04 AM
Everyone knows that now many people are aware of the importance of Bitcoin, so now it is not surprising that many shops or shopping places have accepted Bitcoin as a means of payment, there are even countries that accept Bitcoin, even though Bitcoin is not legal, but this is a good start. I hope Bitcoin can be used. receive it at the bank and can accept it as a legal exchange legally in that country.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 2832
LE ☮︎ Halving es la purga
May 24, 2024, 05:16:00 PM

Like when you see a place for the first time and say, it's new, and you friend: nah, it's old, (you) ah! I had not seen it... Smiley a very simple and basic analogy, but it is at the level of your context, this has been happening for years.

On our local board we have a topic where every time someone gets a commercial location they announce it there, it is outdated and it is in Spanish, but it shows you, as an example that it has been happening for a long time.
Activity: 182
Merit: 120
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
May 24, 2024, 04:33:44 PM
Accepting bitcoin as a means of payment is not something new as anyone can accept bitcoin and it all depends on the person receiving the payment. For example anyone who is knowledgeable about bitcoin will definitely make use of bitcoin, all this can also create a space for bitcoin awareness unknowingly because most people don’t know about bitcoin, although accepting bitcoin as a mean of payment can also be limited mostly countries going against bitcoin. Regardless bitcoin is still gaining popularity, from my view bitcoin has a lot to offer only for those who understand what bitcoin is and treat bitcoin according to their understanding.
Activity: 154
Merit: 33
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 24, 2024, 07:36:05 AM
I’ve only seen one shop in person that ever accepted Bitcoin and that was in Las Vegas and judging from the experience it was just a gimmick. I do hope shops are one day able to accept Bitcoin, but high fees and the limited block space being given to patented layer 2s means customers would rather just use cash.

I've as well seen only less numbers of mini shops accepting bitcoin comparing to large mega stores does in my city.
Although I believe there'd had been larger adoptors among investors with their bitcoin willing to utilize it even for the smallest amount of purchases but the to the transaction fees, it has as much affected the petty traders as they also consider making income to be able to restock again.
So I agree with you that the cost of transaction fees has made most traders in the Societies to prefer accepting fiat than the bitcoin. This is why there's more bitcoin transactions during when there's a congestion free.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
May 24, 2024, 07:09:55 AM
Bitcoin is faaaar better than cash  Wink as bitcoin can be sent and received anywhere in the world with an internet connection, providing greater accessibility compared to physical cash,which is limited by geographic location.
MiF
Activity: 1400
Merit: 258
May 24, 2024, 07:07:02 AM
Well here in my country i didn't hear any news that there are shops that accept crypto as payment, but the good thing here is there are a lot of digital wallet applications that we can easily convert our crypto into fiat then we can pay anything, for now our country is adapting digital payment system so i think only few year from now crypto payment will surely become accepted.
Activity: 224
Merit: 216
May 24, 2024, 06:00:06 AM

What country?
Have you heard of a country called El Salvador?If you haven't heard of it, search Google by typing "bitcoin country" and see which country accepted bitcoin as legal tender in 2021. As a result, bitcoins can be freely traded in that country even various products can be purchased with bitcoins If you live in El Salvador or from any store thereBuying something, you can pay in Bitcoin.

I saw on social media Twitter (now X) paying with Bitcoin after eating ice cream from a shop in El Salvador. Also a burger shop in Vietnam is accepting Bitcoin as payment which I noticed on Twitter. However, I personally haven't been able to pay Bitcoin as a payment after buying a product from a store yet because Bitcoin is not legal in our country, so I haven't had that practical experience.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 363
May 24, 2024, 05:06:42 AM
Bitpay had a article regarding on shops or companies that accept bitcoin open this link https://bitpay.com/directory/

Those are big companies and if you curious about them and want to deal some of your bitcoins then you could do some test to see if they are really accepting it. Since its amazing to see how these big companies adopting to the evolving payment solutions and for that they are reaching up for more potential consumers that always use bitcoin.

That's why there more concerned about the payments in BTC other wise why would a shopkeeper risk his asset as we all know crypto is volatile. There is one reason behind that and it's the taxes and charges that apply on transactions by governments.

Yeah it maybe a concern but for sure constant learning about how bitcoin work can make them realize on how they can take advantage of this coin. That's why maybe instead of getting afraid of it they still choose to accept bitcoin as one of their payment option.
Pages:
Jump to: