Pages:
Author

Topic: SHOTRING BITCOIN: This is a good idea right now - page 2. (Read 8526 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
(...) possibly you will miss the bus then

I thought BTC is a train? If it is a bus today, it will be most likely a bicycle tomorrow

No, it is a submarine.

agree, heading to the seabed fast.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

I thought BTC is a train? If it is a bus today, it will be most likely a bicycle tomorrow

No, it is a submarine.
Activity: 336

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
You can short your bitcoins, but remember don't cash out them all, possibly you will miss the bus then
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
Yea

But it's ok, I made it up in kitty coin
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
So... what are you using BitStamp prices? Is your short almost in the positive (again) or did you cash out at 725?

Cashed out a while ago, I didn't make any money... just trying to be cool  Sad

So, lost money?
legendary
dafar consulting
So... what are you using BitStamp prices? Is your short almost in the positive (again) or did you cash out at 725?

Cashed out a while ago, I didn't make any money... just trying to be cool  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010
Shorting at 750...

oops. good luck with that!

Yeah, thanks for the good luck

legendary
dafar consulting
Shorting at 750...

oops. good luck with that!

Yeah, thanks for the good luck
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
I hope you all shotred Bitcoin as proudhon told you.  Roll Eyes

This is just a small blip, mostly caused by people getting out of MtGox to dump on Stamp and other places.  As I confirmed yesterday, given what we know about confirmed news and MtGox and such, from here out, if the price goes up that's good evidence that the price is going to crash.  And if the price doesn't go up that is also good evidence that the price is going to crash.  Therefore, the only sensible thing to do is SHOTR.

Brothers, increase your SHOTRS!

Sorry, but your reasoning makes no sense whatsoever. MtGox sucks for many reasons (frozen accounts, lack of liquidity, holding hostage 60000 coins from bitcoinica depositors etc) but even if they go tits up, which I pray they do, it will not affect the bitcoin price anymore in any significant way. This isn't 2011 anymore, there are many exchanges to pick up the business as a nice boost. The Chinese 'news' is yesterday's news and priced in the current BTC price already. So, if you are really counting on making money shorting bitcoin, I fear you will fail again. How come you haven't changed your strategy after all these years, you must have lost so much money by now it isn't even funny. My guess is you have other ambitions.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

This is just a small blip, mostly caused by people getting out of MtGox to dump on Stamp and other places.  As I confirmed yesterday, given what we know about confirmed news and MtGox and such, from here out, if the price goes up that's good evidence that the price is going to crash.  And if the price doesn't go up that is also good evidence that the price is going to crash.  Therefore, the only sensible thing to do is SHOTR.

Brothers, increase your SHOTRS!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Activity: 750
Merit: 601
It's strange if you are looking at it as a universal rule. It has its limitations, hence the post in the speculation forum.
Nonetheless, there is an established relationship between the Chinese market volume and the increase in price. To expect it to not apply if the volume is removed is illogical.

correlation is not causation

what's in front of you isn't correlation

"there is an established relationship between the Chinese market volume and the increase in price"
That sounds like you are asserting there is a correlation to me.

Wikipedia:
"Correlation does not always mean that one thing causes the other thing (causation), because a something else might have caused both. For example, on hot days people buy ice cream, and people also go to the beach where some are eaten by sharks. There is a correlation between ice cream sales and shark attacks (they both go up as the temperature goes up in this case). But just because ice cream sales go up does not cause (causation) more shark attacks."

When the volume is removed it doesn't necessarily follow that the price will change.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
It's strange if you are looking at it as a universal rule. It has its limitations, hence the post in the speculation forum.
Nonetheless, there is an established relationship between the Chinese market volume and the increase in price. To expect it to not apply if the volume is removed is illogical.

what's in front of you isn't correlation
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
SHOTOLips sealed
Activity: 750
Merit: 601

Activity: 634
Merit: 500
I shorted at 831 yesterday

Well done.  You're going to make a lot of money.

This motherfucker right here.

I love this guy.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 448
If anything price would decrease with BTC-denominated volume.
Activity: 407
Off course not.  This price will follow volume is a kind of strange theory. 
Pages:
Jump to: