Pages:
Author

Topic: SHOTRING BITCOIN: This is a good idea right now - page 4. (Read 8526 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
yes I did, it's really not that complicated. however after careful research into it's operation I took everything out as I suspect it will eventually blow up.

if you want some real futures trading try icbit.se, but this one *is* complicated, i.e. you have to know what you are doing first.

It is not a question of it being 'too complicated' (so only really clever people can understand it), it is that the interface is laid out in a very ambiguous.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche

Have you ever traded on Bitfinex?

Open yourself up an account, go and see for yourself what a cluster fuck the whole place is.

yes I did, it's really not that complicated. however after careful research into it's operation I took everything out as I suspect it will eventually blow up.

if you want some real futures trading try icbit.se, but this one *is* complicated, i.e. you have to know what you are doing first.
Activity: 994
Merit: 501
Yeah Mat, you are like a builder who, instead of building a house, hits himself on the head with the hammer repeatedly. Good thing the hammer is tiny, still, a wrong way. If you can't figure out the tool, don't use it.

Open yourself up an account, go and see for yourself what a cluster fuck the whole place is.

If I had done, what I set out to do, I would be $200 up by now, not $200 down.

The way the trading web page is set up is a bit like one of those advertisements that intentionally makes ambiguous statements and claims about a product or service designed to mislead the consumer, but allows the company a plausible get out clause should any litigation ensue.

So so so fkn easy to hit the wrong button on Bitfinex, thinking you are executing one action only for something completely different to be carried out in your name and with your money.

Just think how many times you have went to download a freeware program, only to be hit by a lot of bloatware 'DOWNLOAD HERE' banners, only for the genuine download link to be obscurely tucked away in the bottom corner of the page in size 10 font, that is how Bitfinex is.

The problem is I don't think there are any, or if any now, Bitcoins available to short on Bitfinex.  And even if there are, the loan fees and fees for tradings would eat into any profit you would make from shorting unless it's a large amount of Bitcoins.  Then we go back to the problem there aren't enough coins available.
Yeah Mat, you are like a builder who, instead of building a house, hits himself on the head with the hammer repeatedly. Good thing the hammer is tiny, still, a wrong way. If you can't figure out the tool, don't use it.

If I had done, what I set out to do, I would be $200 up by now, not $200 down.

The way the trading web page is set up is a bit like one of those advertisements that intentionally makes ambiguous statements and claims about a product or service designed to mislead the consumer, but allows the company a plausible get out clause should any litigation ensue.

So so so fkn easy to hit the wrong button on Bitfinex, thinking you are executing one action only for something completely different to be carried out in your name and with your money.

Just think how many times you have went to download a freeware program, only to be hit by a lot of bloatware 'DOWNLOAD HERE' banners, only for the genuine download link to be obscurely tucked away in the bottom corner of the page in size 10 font, that is how Bitfinex is.
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
Shorting at 750...

oops. good luck with that!

Why thank you... looks like I'm almost there!

You mean it has to go to $750 before you break even? Please explain the deal you bought. At what price is the margin call?

Yes I did a margin sell at $750 with order type 'stop'.

but honestly I have no clue what I'm doing...  just playing around with thousands of dollars, its fun
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
Shorting at 750...

You mean it has to go to $750 before you break even? Please explain the deal you bought. At what price is the margin call?
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
Shorting at 750...

legendary
Activity: 1176
Borsche
Shotr Shotr Shotr! It´s not too late. 80-90% more capitulation are ahead of us!

Is the only place to short Bitcoin Bitfinex?

I just shorted myself big style on that piece of shit nonsense exchange. I thought I was making trailing stop orders and a stop order to exit the market should two different conditions be met, what I actually did was went long on margin in a fkn falling market.

Most bloody retarded poorly laid out bamboozling shoddy financial exchange that I ever seen.

Who ever is responsible for setting that dyslexic crap up is a bloody idiot, a conman, or both.

due to not knowing what the fuck was going on or what this retarded exchange was doing with my money, I cancelled everything on the spot.

$200 down in an instant!

Fkn horrible place.

Not again!

Change camps MatTheCat.

Honestly, in this case the grass is actually much greener on the other side (side of the investor). if you try to make a fast buck every day this will keep happening.

Is the only place to short Bitcoin Bitfinex?

I just shorted myself big style on that piece of shit nonsense exchange. I thought I was making trailing stop orders and a stop order to exit the market should two different conditions be met, what I actually did was went long on margin in a fkn falling market.

Most bloody retarded poorly laid out bamboozling shoddy financial exchange that I ever seen.

Who ever is responsible for setting that dyslexic crap up is a bloody idiot, a conman, or both.

due to not knowing what the fuck was going on or what this retarded exchange was doing with my money, I cancelled everything on the spot.

$200 down in an instant!

Fkn horrible place.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Short $850

Long $550  

boom

For someone called "The Bitcoin Foundation" you don't seem very responsible to me.  Grin

What? Why? Learn to read a chart. Learn to make more BTC

If you buy and hold why check daily price fluctuations? We all know most have an agenda to sell higher to next guy. We try to save people from getting dumped on. Again look at a weekly chart. Look at price action POST bubble pop. You can go back to $1 doesnt matter. Play the 30 Week EMA if your going to buy nothing above that. Short the 7 Week EMA til it hits the 30, nothing less. Easy $

But this takes months to work out not days so we can actually go up from here but one way or another what im telling you will play out.
Activity: 504

Activity: 532
Merit: 261
­バカ
i am ok with troll posts in this subforum, but troll threads? that's too much, even for me... please move along, there's nothing to see here
Activity: 551
Merit: 501
With so much bad news, as documented here and here, and so much more to come, combined with the fact that bitcoin's utility has been exhausted and its market share is saturated, it's pretty clear that the only way from here is down, in virtually all time frames (definitely medium to long term, it might bounce up just a little, but it will only be a temporary wobble on the way down).  Many of us around here know this, and we post about it often in order to help people.

This thread is a place to discuss the best ways to SHOTR bitcoin for maximum profit.  Post you tips and best successes here.

Selling OTC call options is the way to go.  No need to own any BTC. With BTC going to zero on all the bad news, it's free money. Hardly any risk at all.  

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
I agree with proudhon. Bitcoin is in an epic bubble. When it finally pops, a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money
I agree it's in a bubble, but this bubble might well easily extend into the 100 billion (market cap) realm before the sentiment reverses … Just something to keep in mind.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, proudhon is being sarcastic.

edit: Sorry for spoiling it. Tongue

blitz, u actually believe bitcoin is a bubble?

what a stupid question of course he does, who can deny confirmed facts and well respected sources?

detailed and comprehensive info here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw&hd=1

i remember this, good times  Cheesy
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
I agree with proudhon. Bitcoin is in an epic bubble. When it finally pops, a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money
I agree it's in a bubble, but this bubble might well easily extend into the 100 billion (market cap) realm before the sentiment reverses … Just something to keep in mind.

Based on the mentality and community that has built around it, I sincerely do. Here is a thread that I liked on this subject. This doesn't help you a bit with trading it, however. It can go on for far longer and higher than any bear can stomach. Perhaps at its end, Krugman will laud it. Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

what a stupid question of course he does, who can deny confirmed facts and well respected sources?

detailed and comprehensive info here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuFy0fcuw&hd=1
legendary
Activity: 1246
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Is there a way to short the altcoins?

bitfinex can short ltc i believe
Short $850

Long $550  

boom

For someone called "The Bitcoin Foundation" you don't seem very responsible to me.  Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Short $850

Long $550 

boom
Pages:
Jump to: