Pages:
Author

Topic: Should a Jewish resturant owner be forced to serve a skinhead? - page 4. (Read 9193 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Ghandi should have written to Churchill too. After all, they did not mind Stalin attacking Poland.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

This sums it up well:
Alan Caruba, the editor of Bookviews.com mentioned the book in its December 2004 issue, and stated "We need to remember that even great men had their flaws and Col. Singh, a career military officer and student of Indian politics, Hinduism, and of Gandhi, presents his facts in a compelling way."
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Should a Jewish restaurant owner be forced to serve a skinhead?

Sure! And why not? Palestine saw what happens when jews have too much wiggle room.

Isn't there a skinhead forum floating on the web somewhere?  I'm sure you'll find lots of fascits just like you.
You're still here?
Should a Jewish restaurant owner be forced to serve a skinhead?

Sure! And why not? Palestine saw what happens when jews have too much wiggle room.
Hitler tried a lot of avenues to follow Ghandi and not have a war. But Churchill was bought and paid for by a tiny group of jews who seeked the destruction of the British Empire, which Churchill achieved for them.
Gandhi was very vocal about how he hated Khafirs (black people.)

Oh my. Learn something new every day, I suppose.
“We believe as much in the purity of race as we think they do, only we believe that they would best serve these interests, which are as dear to us as to them, by advocating the purity of all races, and not one alone. We believe also that the white race of South Africa should be the predominating race.”

So perhaps he might approve of the use of that quote in that context after all. Undecided
Activity: 49
If the skinhead is behaving in a civil manner then I believe that he should serve him. It is unlikely though that a skinhead would go dine and support a jewish restaurant though. Ghandi once said, "You need to be the change you wish to see in the world".
And if he knew you were using that quote in this context....

You do know that Ghandi was a friend of Hitler, yes?
Gandhi was everybody's friend.

I assume you're going to point to the letter, next, and so I will borrow a quote from one of the commenters here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/cconnelly/ghandis-letter-to-adolf-hitler-s3x
You may be surprised to learn that pleading with a man and then calling him a giant douchenozzle doesn't win many points in diplomacy. There is no indication in the letter that he had an actual face to face friendly relationship with Hitler, in fact it reads as one who is addressing someone they've never met.
And another:
It is a common Indian practice to address strangers as 'friend' or 'brother'. In fact Swami Vivekanand, an Indian Philosopher , while addressing a conference in Chicago in 1893, started his lecture by saying," My Dear Sisters and Brothers of America.." and he got standing ovation.

Gandhi was very vocal about how he hated Khafirs (black people.)
If the skinhead is behaving in a civil manner then I believe that he should serve him. It is unlikely though that a skinhead would go dine and support a jewish restaurant though. Ghandi once said, "You need to be the change you wish to see in the world".

Gandhi was everybody's friend.

I assume you're going to point to the letter, next, and so I will borrow a quote from one of the commenters here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/cconnelly/ghandis-letter-to-adolf-hitler-s3x
You may be surprised to learn that pleading with a man and then calling him a giant douchenozzle doesn't win many points in diplomacy. There is no indication in the letter that he had an actual face to face friendly relationship with Hitler, in fact it reads as one who is addressing someone they've never met.
And another:
It is a common Indian practice to address strangers as 'friend' or 'brother'. In fact Swami Vivekanand, an Indian Philosopher , while addressing a conference in Chicago in 1893, started his lecture by saying," My Dear Sisters and Brothers of America.." and he got standing ovation.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100

As a racist I try to avoid jewish and immigrant establishments whenever possible. Long time ago I entered jewish restaurant and asked for pig steak. Surprisingly me and my friends were kindly offered alternate kosher foods. I was dressed in black shirt with runes and black beret, cammo pants and paratrooper boots so the waitress could not mistake us for ordinary customers.

Sounds like a scene from The Beliver: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247199/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
a movie that can be enjoyed by both nazis and jews alike. Wink
but would they try to force a skinhead restaurant owner to serve them a dish when he refuses to serve a jew?
legendary
so the jews should stop whining over not being served in Germany 1935.

a novel approach!

They should. But they shouldn't be forced to.
so the jews should stop whining over not being served in Germany 1935.

a novel approach!

legendary
I like the motto: "Everyone gets the same rights, or nobody does." Jews don't get special treatment. Skinneads don't get special treatment. Blacks don't get special treatment. Whites don't get special treatment. But the government, in all its holiness, enables special treatment. It enables abuse; gives racists an excuse for their racism. Just another non-service the government provides.

Nobody should be forced one way or another. To believe it's okay to force, is to be a fascist. There's a surprising amount of those in a country which propagates freedom.
of course, a jew trying to enforce his "right to be served" might find himself without his money but a dish of nicely spiced dogshit in return.

I wonder whether a skinhead is entitled to that line of action?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1049
Death to enemies!
As a racist I try to avoid jewish and immigrant establishments whenever possible. Long time ago I entered jewish restaurant and asked for pig steak. Surprisingly me and my friends were kindly offered alternate kosher foods. I was dressed in black shirt with runes and black beret, cammo pants and paratrooper boots so the waitress could not mistake us for ordinary customers.

I don't want to force jews to serve me at their restaurants. By buying from them I will make them even more richer by using their business. And also I want to be allowed not to serve blacks or jews if I have my own shop. The problem might be the double standards when I'm not served at jewish restaurant because I'm known racist but I must serve niggers and immigrants at my restaurant or computer workshop.
well if you don't like the example, take a man of colour instead of the skinhead.
legendary
Skinheads are still around? That's amazing! Thought they went extinct like 90's pop music.

Anyway, a skinhead knows what he's getting into when he goes to a Jewish establishment. If the skinhead deems it appropriate, he's probably just looking for some eats. If he acts up, the owner should kick him out.

I don't understand "rights". The jewish owner should do what's best for his establishment. There is no right to kick a rowdy customer out; there is simply the most logical decision. Protect your current clientelle by keeping the peace. If, however, the skinhead eats and is peaceful and pays, it would be bad business to tell him not to come back. Of course you want him to come back; he's a paying customer, he's hungry, personal beliefs need not apply. If the Jewish owner wants to shoot himself in the foot, why does the government deem it inappropriate? It's already a hit to his business to turn clients away; if he has a good reason, he should do it.
Pages:
Jump to: