Pages:
Author

Topic: Should bitcointalk play a part in educating its members?. - page 2. (Read 512 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
It already does educate (those who are interested in getting educated). To make the most out of it you would need to listen to different views, since there are many tendencies in the forum and have a critical attitude to what you read, so you will only learn about crypto, but also about fact finding, FUD and reliability of information which may be an even better asset in life than crypto itself.

Theymos launched a thread not that long ago regarding a formalized course, forum backed and promoted. The idea has not gone forward for the moment, but it is interesting nonetheless.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/idea-courses-4609442

Activity: 486
Merit: 27
HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK
If somebody would like to educate themselves to the higher level of information they want to know. They should have been following the post of administrators, staff,  moderators,  these can help them much as they want.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Members, especially newbies should be thought to search for the information they need. We have a search function, insert the words you are interested in and you find the content you need. Most probably the questions have been answered already in the past. 
Depending on your interests follow the threads and posts of some of the more knowledgeable members and that way you learn from the information they share.   
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
I thought about starting this topic on the meta board as it relate to the forum but had a second thought then decide to bring it to a more serious board that will give me the answers I need to clarify me.
I get it that bitcointalk is a forum (in this case an online platform where ideas and views on cryptocurrency and blockchain with few other things can be discussed. According to this user
is a place of discussion and a place to ask questions that you couldn't find the answer to.
but is that all bitcointalk is? Correct me if I'm wrong because if I'm been ask by a newbie where he/she can get information/educated on bitcoin/cryptocurrency my first answer will be bitcointalk before giving them other suggestions that's if I have one. Come to think of it most of the blockchain related things I know was gotten from this forum. It was from here I knew what Masternodes, altcoins, ICO, bounty are, difference b/w POS & POW, CEX &DEX just to mention few. Airdrop was not included because that's what introduce me to the forum. To me bitcointalk has evolved, it's now more than just a forum for discussion it's also an educational platform and that should be taken seriously. Yesterday I saw the pinned message giving user access to the whitepaper (not saying it wasn't accessible before) but many must have read it yesterday because it was posted here ( i did, reread it to mark its birthday) and understood the vision the more. But woke up this morning and it was gone, I'm of the suggestion that
it should remain pinned not just for one day but as long as it can.
I believe strongly that bitcointalk should play a role in educating it's members, do you? and a great start will by informing its users to get familiar with bitcoin by reading the whitepaper. If the user aren't inform then they're deform and that can be seen by the level of FUD on the forum.

Edited: Thanks for this reply,
BitcoinTalk started out as a forum to promote Bitcoin. At the time it was a revolutionary new concept in banking and payment services. It has been a success, and it has evolved into a crypto community.

The education of members has to start with the motivation of the members seeking knowledge. Unfortunately, we seem to have a large number of (newer) members who expect to receive payment for mimimal effort, and just want a simple couple of sentences to explain how to do this. I think the education of members is a secondary project, the first thing would seem to be the generation of self-improvement motivation. The merit system forced that onto many members, and hopefully we can build on this initiative.
Pages:
Jump to: