Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Giga be tagged as a scammer? - page 2. (Read 17433 times)

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
June 23, 2013, 06:54:23 AM
not trusting Nefario is reasonable.

except that he trusted him for a long time to raise lots of coins. Then when it's time to return them to the senders he did not trust him any more. oops

Then every other legit issuers trusted Nefario's data and followed up, with little or no incidents. double oops.
Activity: 745
Merit: 501
June 23, 2013, 06:16:53 AM
when he made demands of others that were not in place from the beginning in order for them to get paid.
basically holding their btc hostage until they did x, y, and z.

I don't quite see how it can be claimed it's a change of contract. Demanding documents and identification during a claim process would fall outside the scope of the contract itself. It's not pertaining to the execution of the contract itself, but the identification of the recipient. He's currently generating and holding balances for every contract recipient, waiting for owners to claim said amount. One does not blindly delivers and Gigavps decided not to trust data provided by Nefario. I don't really agree with the decision and find the affidavit excessive, but not trusting Nefario is reasonable.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
June 23, 2013, 12:03:26 AM
So when he changes the contract at his own discretion would you not agree that he should refund those who want out and disagree with the new pie in the sky made up on the spot contract?

Ugh. This just keeps going around in circles. The dork needs to give ppl their money back and deal with the fall out himself.
The LAW will not come for him with his two bit operation and refunding a few dozen ppl.

When was contract ever changed?

when he made demands of others that were not in place from the beginning in order for them to get paid.
basically holding their btc hostage until they did x, y, and z.
June 22, 2013, 11:57:58 PM
So when he changes the contract at his own discretion would you not agree that he should refund those who want out and disagree with the new pie in the sky made up on the spot contract?

Ugh. This just keeps going around in circles. The dork needs to give ppl their money back and deal with the fall out himself.
The LAW will not come for him with his two bit operation and refunding a few dozen ppl.

When was contract ever changed?
legendary
June 22, 2013, 11:42:57 PM
What is this about fiat currency being involved?

that is the thing. no fiat was ever involved from a buyer to giga. heck, he even probably paid for the gear with bitcoins.

if you give me a rock and next week I give you two rocks.. do you really need a lawyer involved? that is my point. when
just messing around with bitcoins it is meaningless when it comes to the LAW. Now if you convert bitcoins to a fiat currency that
is a diff story but that has nothing to do with giga.

he brought in this whole lawyer thing either as a way to screw people or he got irrationally scared. pick your poison.

Erhm, law applies to any contract/transactions, whether it is in fiat, Bitcoins, barter tokens or any commodity. I wouldn't say it's meaningless when it comes to the law.

June 22, 2013, 05:06:31 AM

that is the thing. no fiat was ever involved from a buyer to giga. heck, he even probably paid for the gear with bitcoins.

if you give me a rock and next week I give you two rocks.. do you really need a lawyer involved? that is my point. when
just messing around with bitcoins it is meaningless when it comes to the LAW. Now if you convert bitcoins to a fiat currency that

he brought in this whole lawyer thing either as a way to screw people or he got irrationally scared. pick your poison.

Erhm, law applies to any contract/transactions, whether it is in fiat, Bitcoins, barter tokens or any commodity. I wouldn't say it's meaningless when it comes to the law.
legendary
June 21, 2013, 10:12:24 PM

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
June 21, 2013, 08:21:00 PM
If you feel scammed by giga, now you can state it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=19617
June 21, 2013, 08:13:40 PM
legendary
June 21, 2013, 08:10:25 PM
Writes a contract that he has no intention of following then tries to make it appear he's not requiring people to jump thru 50 hoops to possibly get some of their money back.

Well that's a bit exaggerated. There is but one hoop, getting an affidavit. And it's not possibly get some money back, it's been established he will pay all pending payments since GLBSE closed and so far is still paying out the mining proceeds weekly.

So far he's been providing as per contract hashing proceeds to anyone who has sworn before a notary to be the rightful owner of his gigamining hashing contracts, with ID. I do believe fixed hashing contracts have been an absolutely bad deal and I don't fully agree with the way it was handled, but as far as I'm concerned, Gigavps is fulfilling his 5 mhash/s contracts.

So changing the contract in the middle of the deal is now kosher? 

Last i checked we are tossing around play money and the deal did not have anything to do with a fiat currency.
One could swap bitcoin with coke bottle caps and it would be ABSOLUTELY no different. Give ppl their bottle caps back.
June 21, 2013, 06:39:51 PM
Writes a contract that he has no intention of following then tries to make it appear he's not requiring people to jump thru 50 hoops to possibly get some of their money back.

Well that's a bit exaggerated. There is but one hoop, getting an affidavit. And it's not possibly get some money back, it's been established he will pay all pending payments since GLBSE closed and so far is still paying out the mining proceeds weekly.

So far he's been providing as per contract hashing proceeds to anyone who has sworn before a notary to be the rightful owner of his gigamining hashing contracts, with ID. I do believe fixed hashing contracts have been an absolutely bad deal and I don't fully agree with the way it was handled, but as far as I'm concerned, Gigavps is fulfilling his 5 mhash/s contracts.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
June 21, 2013, 04:13:11 PM
We as Miners and/or people in the Bitcoin Community NEED to Stop supporting these types of ventures.  Scammers have made more from us then mining or bonds ever will and it's only US that can make this stop.

Do not support any new "Bond" or "Cloudhashing" Ventures, it's eventually the same story for all of them w/i 6 months ---> 1yr Max.  They prey on the newcomers in bitcoin and us veterans need to keep these scam tactics out in the open and people aware.

If the Bitcoin Community can come together and get rid of these Super-greedy folks then maybe we'll be able to expand the network and bring BTC into the open at a faster rate.  If the Trusted folks of Bitcointalk stick together, instead of being frustrated by the scammers out there, and work together we can get what is needed from each other and the Scammers will no longer get a "cut" of our hard earned BTC!

It makes me sick everytime I read these threads on the average miners getting taken advantage of, whether because of their location or due to lack of funds.  With the plethora of ASIC chips becoming available for semi-DIY projects there is no reason to "invest" in these sketchy Bond type Scams.  Show them who's boss and Do Not give them your money!  It may "Sound" easy to buy bonds but we all know how it will end...

As usual, Gigavps is no different from the rest of those sketchy types.  Writes a contract that he has no intention of following then tries to make it appear he's not requiring people to jump thru 50 hoops to possibly get some of their money back.

I am wondering where that Scammer Tag is?!  Stop letting the "Rich" take from the "poor" as Bitcoin is Supposed to be different...but only if WE make it
Activity: 404
Merit: 270
June 19, 2013, 09:12:19 PM
I am still surprised that he did not get a scammer tag !!!
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
April 13, 2013, 02:37:05 AM
A few months have past since most if not all other GLBSE shares have been linked to their previous owners using Nefarios list.
There was no big outrage of people who claim that they where not or with the wrong amount of shares on that list.
So I think we can say that Nefario did managed to compile a good list.

In respect of this gigavps should start accepting claims using Nefarios list and the list alone (no ID or other crazy ideas) or he should be tagged a scammer.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
February 28, 2013, 01:29:19 PM
GLBSE is not around specifically because of AML/KYC issues surrounding their activities. In order to continue, VPS must know who it is dealing with.

This would mean you are the one unable to fulfill his contractual obligations. Whether or not that is actually true, there should be little doubt as to what should happen with the bitcoins people entrusted you with.

Seeing how BFL isn't actually delivering anything anyway....
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
February 26, 2013, 09:30:01 AM
GLBSE is not around specifically because of AML/KYC issues surrounding their activities. In order to continue, VPS must know who it is dealing with.

This would mean you are the one unable to fulfill his contractual obligations. Whether or not that is actually true, there should be little doubt as to what should happen with the bitcoins people entrusted you with.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
February 26, 2013, 09:05:10 AM
I bought 300 freaking shares directly from giga for 1.5 btc each. He refuses to continue business with me under the terms we both agreed on.
Instead of reverting the deal by paying my money back (450 - paid out dividens) he keeps my money hostage. He doesn't need my ID and stuff to revert the deal. He's the one who refuses to continue business.

Now tell me exactly how this is not scamming.

No I don't want to file a claim, I want my dividends paid out or my money back.

Please submit a claim and you will be paid.

No payments can be made without a claim whether they be refunds or back payments.

Let me use big and friendly pink letters, so everyone understands (including moderators):
BULL SHIT! You, James Gibson from Orlando FL,  are a LIAR

and you deserve to be tagged as a scammer!
Yes, this is just a ploy to keep everyone who didn't or doesn't want to claim's coins.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
February 26, 2013, 04:15:23 AM
I bought 300 freaking shares directly from giga for 1.5 btc each. He refuses to continue business with me under the terms we both agreed on.
Instead of reverting the deal by paying my money back (450 - paid out dividens) he keeps my money hostage. He doesn't need my ID and stuff to revert the deal. He's the one who refuses to continue business.

No payments can be made without a claim whether they be refunds or back payments.

Let me use big and friendly pink letters, so everyone understands (including moderators):
BULL SHIT! You, James Gibson from Orlando FL,  are a LIAR

and you deserve to be tagged as a scammer!
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
February 25, 2013, 05:30:16 PM

1. I don't want to be paid. I demand MY BTC back.

The burden of proof is upon you. Including to prove that BTC are legally money and subject to AML.  Otherwise is just b/s.

See 1. above and best wishes for your reputation of thieve. You should not have used your real name to pull this cheap scam off.
The other scammers on the GLBSE at least were smart enough to remain anonymous.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
February 25, 2013, 04:27:06 PM

You won't be dealing with me after you've reverted the whole thing.
Pages:
Jump to: