Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Giga be tagged as a scammer? - page 3. (Read 17432 times)

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
February 25, 2013, 04:17:43 PM
I bought 300 freaking shares directly from giga for 1.5 btc each. He refuses to continue business with me under the terms we both agreed on.
Instead of reverting the deal by paying my money back (450 - paid out dividens) he keeps my money hostage. He doesn't need my ID and stuff to revert the deal. He's the one who refuses to continue business.

Now tell me exactly how this is not scamming.

No I don't want to file a claim, I want my dividends paid out or my money back.

Please submit a claim and you will be paid.

GLBSE is not around specifically because of AML/KYC issues surrounding their activities. In order to continue, VPS must know who it is dealing with.

No payments can be made without a claim whether they be refunds or back payments.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
February 25, 2013, 03:52:00 PM
I bought 300 freaking shares directly from giga for 1.5 btc each. He refuses to continue business with me under the terms we both agreed on.
Instead of reverting the deal by paying my money back (450 - paid out dividens) he keeps my money hostage. He doesn't need my ID and stuff to revert the deal. He's the one who refuses to continue business.

Now tell me exactly how this is not scamming.

No I don't want to file a claim, I want my dividends paid out or my money back.
Activity: 408
Merit: 261
February 25, 2013, 02:45:55 PM
It's Theymos who decides ultimately:
I've decided that gigavps will not get a scammer tag for this. Nefario has proven himself to be untrustworthy, so it would be unreasonable for gigavps to pay out large sums of money based entirely on Nefario's list. Requiring affidavits and proofs of identity are reasonable precautions. It's impossible to strictly follow the contract in a safe way.
A bit of democracy would be appreciated here.

This thread is over 3 months old now, with 208 posts, and 117 'yes' votes (70.9%) calling for the SCAMMER tag ... and still no SCAMMER tag.  So what's up?

Regarding theymos's "decision" quoted above, my big problem is the following: why was Nefario's lists good enough for pretty much every other GLBSE listing to sort out ownership, but not for GIGAMINING?   Why was reclaiming every other GLBSE share I owned a relatively prompt and painless process, but not for GIGAMINING?
Activity: 896
February 15, 2013, 05:04:31 PM
From what I have seen all depends on who you know around here. What would get others tagged in a heartbeat don't seem to apply to him.

giga and bitbond are above rules

they can steal all they want and continue to operate on the forum with no consequences
SAC
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
February 15, 2013, 04:29:15 PM
I still do not understand, why GIGA did not get a scammer tag !
He still continues his dirty business ! Cry

From what I have seen all depends on who you know around here. What would get others tagged in a heartbeat don't seem to apply to him.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
February 15, 2013, 01:48:05 PM
Reposted.

This was the old contract:

Hello fellow bitcoiners,

Off the back of the glbse 2.0 release and with a soon to be influx of mining equipment, I am proud to release the first and ONLY 5Mh/s perpetual mining bond.

Introduction:
Mining assets are becoming extremely common on the GLBSE. We have companies that offer ownership of hardware, bonds that correlate to actual hash rate. But overall nothing too exciting, too large, or too profitable.

Until now.
Introducing Gigamining! http://gigamining.com/

The ONLY 5Mh/s perpetual mining bond.

The first bond to offer more than 2 Mh/s per bond, and run by a name you know has the hashes to back it up.

Summary:
There will be a total of 10,000 bonds issued, with each bond worth a massive 5 Mh/s.

During the initial offering of 1000 bonds the 500 bonds remaining will be sold on 4/10/2012, they will be sold for a cheap 1 BTC. All maintenance free.

Bulk pre-sales of 100 or more units can be made at the 1 BTC price BEFORE the IPO on 4/10. PM me to get started.

Each bond will pay 100% of PPS earnings every 7 days.

The bond will never expire.

I reserve the option to repurchase bonds at 105% of the highest traded price over the last 15 days.

About Me
Most of you know who I am, most of you know I have the ability to deliver this kind of power. I'm not going anywhere any time soon, so trust that your coin is safe, and doing its best work for you, here. If you have any questions, ask them in the thread.

Where is 50Gh going to come from?
- I currently run 33Gh in GPUs (undervolted and underclocked to 26.5Gh for the summer)
- I also run 11 Butterfly Labs singles @ 9.1Gh
- Soon 4 mini rig boxes will arrive with a total of 100Gh of mining capacity.

You can see the farm mining at anytime at http://gigamining.com/mgpumon/

Best,
gigavps

The new contract is so far from this.  I want a refund.  I was originally going to pay for an upgrade before GLBSE shut down, I was very impressed by giga back then.  Notice the following.  The original contract that we bought rights to says perpetual, the new contract is limited.  The original contract said maintenance free, the new one pays for it.  Add in that giga ends up our address/identity. Oh, and even if you don't hold many shares you have to pay notaries to get them back.  Finally we can't give our claim rights to anyone else.  If anyone wants to claim my shares I would be willing to handle all emails associated with my glbse address. 
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
February 02, 2013, 11:21:49 AM
I still do not understand, why GIGA did not get a scammer tag !
He still continues his dirty business ! Cry
January 15, 2013, 05:45:06 PM
My bad, I too was responding to Giga (sorry).
January 14, 2013, 08:27:04 PM
We've been through this, it's not worth spending the money to get a refund and I don't trust you or your lawyer with my identity. 

Not sure if this was clear but with "you" I was talking about gigavps, not you vrtrasura. And by refund I mean without going through the claim hassle (what would it be needed for if there's no business relation).
January 14, 2013, 08:21:32 PM
We've been through this, it's not worth spending the money to get a refund and I don't trust you or your lawyer with my identity. 
January 14, 2013, 07:37:13 PM
If nothing else I should be able to ask for a refund.  Giga please give me my money back, I don't want to call it a loan with interest or anything.  Lets just say I left my wallet at your house, please return it. 

Please make a claim and you will get paid.

You're the one refusing to do business with us based on the terms we agreed on. Maybe you can't legally do business with us without knowing our IDs, but you took our money without requesting IDs first. What you CAN do is undo the whole deal by refunding (share buy price - paid mining dividends) us. At least those who can prove what they paid for their shares.
vip
January 14, 2013, 06:51:10 PM
If nothing else I should be able to ask for a refund.  Giga please give me my money back, I don't want to call it a loan with interest or anything.  Lets just say I left my wallet at your house, please return it. 

Please make a claim and you will get paid.
Activity: 896
January 14, 2013, 06:47:23 PM

yes.

refund or he is a scammer. there is no other way about this.

i have so little in this that getting a lawyer involved makes no sense but there is no way he could come out ahead
January 14, 2013, 06:14:39 PM
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
January 12, 2013, 09:04:14 AM
I'd suggest first port of call for anyone getting screwed like this (being asked to incur costs greater than the contractual benefit) would be whatever fair-trading / consumer protection bodies there are in the US. 

If I were based in the US I would probably just have contacted the cops. Since I am not, I found this:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en
where I am going to spill the beans.
à la guerre comme à la guerre
vip
January 11, 2013, 10:39:33 AM
I wish that you get bankrupted by your lawyer. That would be my best payment.

Hi conspirosphere.tk,

Submit your information to Quentin, and I'll make sure to rush out all back payments for Gigamining.

Being negative and suggesting that we do things the same way GLBSE did won't get us anywhere except where GLBSE is.

Have a great weekend,
James
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
January 11, 2013, 10:20:01 AM
Best,
James

I wish that you get bankrupted by your lawyer. That would be my best payment.
vip
January 11, 2013, 07:55:51 AM
I guess it's a good thing that payments will restart Monday for all verified claimants.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1447826

This includes all back payments and Monday's payment.

Best,
James
vip
Activity: 812
January 11, 2013, 04:04:49 AM
I propose he cannot do the buyback without selling current hardware at major loss and ruin his plans.
The reason for stalling as long as possible is so he can possess asic gear. The income from that, in a short time would allow a buy back or a new terramining crap plan to get fresh btc coming in or simply continue to pay peanuts while he laughs to the bank.

Demand money back before asics arrive. That is how you get even.

That's the point though. He isn't going to give the money back. He's going to make you go through a lawyer.

Then I propose that the bond holders create a thread and get 20+ people to all agree on a date for payment and
if giga does not agree to a reasonable date.. he should get a scammer tag. naturally the mods should be involved on
what they think a reasonable date should be. say 10 more days.

he broke the contract, he has had plenty of time to make things right, and all the BS he has created is not fair to the bond holders.

a person cannot just hold onto other people's money for weeks and months on end without repercussions no matter what excuse they
dream up next. those dividends better be getting interest too.

Question:    What do you say?
Yes    - 104 (69.3%)
No    - 46 (30.7%)

Total Voters: 150
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
January 11, 2013, 02:33:32 AM
I propose he cannot do the buyback without selling current hardware at major loss and ruin his plans.
The reason for stalling as long as possible is so he can possess asic gear. The income from that, in a short time would allow a buy back or a new terramining crap plan to get fresh btc coming in or simply continue to pay peanuts while he laughs to the bank.

Demand money back before asics arrive. That is how you get even.

That's the point though. He isn't going to give the money back. He's going to make you go through a lawyer.

Then I propose that the bond holders create a thread and get 20+ people to all agree on a date for payment and
if giga does not agree to a reasonable date.. he should get a scammer tag. naturally the mods should be involved on
what they think a reasonable date should be. say 10 more days.

he broke the contract, he has had plenty of time to make things right, and all the BS he has created is not fair to the bond holders.

a person cannot just hold onto other people's money for weeks and months on end without repercussions no matter what excuse they
dream up next. those dividends better be getting interest too.
Pages:
Jump to: