Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 17. (Read 4151 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
just keep your mouth shut (if you have a lot of bitcoin). Most people on here dont hold many coins ( i saw in a thread a while back) but those that have a shitload of bitcoin mostly remain silent about their stash. This is one way to keep from being a hackers target.

Keeping your mouth shut is rule number one when it comes to your Bitcoin wealth, but that doesn't mean you're safe from all threats coming from the internet. Even if you browse through well known sites (news sites, web shops, forums, etc) your system might end up getting infected. People quite often only focus on not clicking links, not opening emails they don't know/expect, not download anything, etc, but they ignore that browsing through websites is enough to get infected. I have experienced this once with a very popular news site, and that while I am extremely paranoid when it comes to my overall PC security. Good thing is that nothing is stored on my system since I use a hardware wallet as cold storage. I just secure erased my hdd and installed a fresh copy of Windows. No damage caused.
Activity: 790
Merit: 505
just keep your mouth shut (if you have a lot of bitcoin). Most people on here dont hold many coins ( i saw in a thread a while back) but those that have a shitload of bitcoin mostly remain silent about their stash. This is one way to keep from being a hackers target.
Activity: 518
Merit: 268
If you're really paranoid than you could use an old desktop/laptop that is not connected to the internet in combination to sign transactions offline. Then you also need an online wallet to create unsigned transactions and to broadcast the signed transaction to the network. This is very safe setup for holding large amount of Bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Never lose your private keys to hackers again when Token Security Scheme launches its project next year  Wink

We are working on a crypto-security platform project to make blockchain safer for everyone.

Do check out this project here
ANN Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-token-security-scheme-making-blockchain-safer-for-everyday-use-2177307

Cheers!
Activity: 582
Merit: 250
An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

Just be sure to spread out your bitcoins to multiple wallets. Keep everything save in several external drives.  I even go an extra step and use encrypted USB's.
Activity: 322
Merit: 110
elysian.finance
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

Hackers are everywhere. So for me, you should not put your btc in a single wallet. It is just an advance thinking to keep your bitcoin safe to all hackers.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game

If you know and aware to some of the effective obvious ways to protect your precious coins then you are good to go. Sometimes hacked bitcoin (by individual users) are because of human error and not because of the whole bitcoin network and system itself.

Just be relax and comfortable since too much worrying might lead to an overacting action on which you may didn't noticed that you already doing a wrong thing to protect your bitcoins. There are already lots of responses here that can give you an insight on ways to secure your coins.

Hope that you understand some of the points here.

Although chances are low to get your coins back, it's still worth it to do investigation. If you are storing on offline wallets, try to analyzed the situation before the hacking scenario and take notes of all instances. On the other hand, if you are storing on web wallets, then it's depend on how it was loss, maybe because you have some errors or the site itself robbed* you.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
There are two ways you should be scared if you have a bad wallet and do not know much about bitcoin and do not know how to keep it and you should be not scared if you have a good secure wallet like blockchain.
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
NEM Wallet: NA4P5WURI6CYWZ3KRYZ6BZ2WBYWGFJDWY6BZ5Y
there are actually hackers everywhere, the best thing is to enable google authenticator.
Activity: 224
Merit: 19
If your wallet has been hacked basically you cannot do anything, Bitcoin transactions are irreversible. But just in case you need to change wallet just to be safe because you might be a victim of phising.

You don't need to be scared but you need to be vigilant specially if you have a lot of coins on your wallet.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
the quality of personal account security will increase along with the increase in the number of balances btc we have, surely many people will improve their security capabilities, hackers is a disease that will always exist and that's where they actually remind us to improve the quality of security we have.
Activity: 635
Merit: 251
As long as you don't fall for any phishing sites or download any unknown scam wallets or software you should be fine.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Its better for you not to use exchange wallets as it may get hacked anytime.Unless you disclose your private keys publicly,your wallets are safe.But you should be careful when downloading the wallet whether it is from the official website or it.If not,your bitcoins might be compromised.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
Why you should if you know how to secure your account also if you are using your pesonal wallet ehih are connect to your computer and other if you are using hard wallet which is more safer than using web wallets which has a chance to hack but mostly if i were you i will secure it with secondary password and everyting you can.
Activity: 616
Merit: 108
io.ezystayz.com

You should take all possible precautions to prevent this from happening. Once it happens there is not much you can do. Don't hold large amouonts on online wallets. Keep your private keys safe. Double check everything. Be a bit paranoid about those things Smiley

You can do something about it. You can enable phone verifaction and only use your bitcoin wallet on a safe new installed computer. Never use that computer for something else just for bitcoin only. This will make hackers have a hard time hacking in to your computer. You should spread maybe your bitcoins in other wallets, because if they hack one you can have still a lot of bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Unfortunately many users report that they are hacked and that their coins are stolen,and most of them use online wallets-but recently many users report they desktop (Electrum) wallet are hacked.Only way to pretect BTC is to move it from hot wallets of any type and create paper wallet/cold storage-but most effective way is hardware wallet since you can use it every day and your coins will be safe.

What I would recommend to anyone who wants to protect coins is to check some of hardware wallets on this Black Friday,I just got e-mail that Ledger Nano S price will go down by 21%.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
You should be scared of hackers. Remember to  take care of your private keys and never give it to anyone.
I think the safest wallet is offline wallets such as desktop wallet, usb or put it in paperwallet.
website wallet are prone to hackers and phishing,
always put some extra security to your wallet like enabling 2FA  and google authenticator so bitcoins will be safe. Smiley

Activity: 336
Merit: 112
If you have a decent or huge amount of bitcoins and you want to still use online wallets, the use those with 2 factor authentication. Make sure to keep your private key secured and stay away from suspicious sites. But the better choice would be to use a hard wallets like trezor.
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
Get a top hardware wallet, no more fear.
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
Hackers have nothing to worry about, as long as you take care of your keys, don't click on the links from strangers, and those suspicious emails, don't click. Bitcoin is more than a few wallets to store, so it will be safe
Pages:
Jump to: