Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 12. (Read 4151 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Yes of course you should be scared of hackers if you have a lot of BTC i do not think that hackers want to hack people who do not have a lot of btc why should i go after one if i can get more then one that is what hackers think and know.
Activity: 43
See you need to act smart if you are having lot of bitcoins,first do not store all of them at one place especially in online wallets,they are prone to hacked,use good paper wallet and save big amount of bitcoin there.secondly don't tell anyone about private keys of your wallet,don't save it online too,keep these things in mind and you are good to go.

Which means if you have an accident and hit your head you forget your password - and then because you had an accident you lose all your money - and then you don't have money to pay for the hospital. Clearly this just makes Bitcoin even more dangerous when you think about it
what are you talking about is just a 1 in a million chance, The best I would recommend is either you remember the password or just use a Two Factors Authentication wallet which is one of the safest one.

It has maybe a low chance but it can happen. You can never know it maybe tomorrow it will happen to you and then what you will lose your key and you can't pay your debts and taxes anymore.

Thats why you need to keep them safe in order to prevent that.
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
When I first started collecting coins, this forum used to be full of threads in which users were lamenting about their coin stash getting stolen by the hackers. I still remember one user, who had BTC25,000 stolen from his wallet. If he had those coins now, then they could have been worth close to $250 million (including the price of Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold).
Then you mean to say that it can happen to anyone again??

It will happen to anyone if they are not really careful we all know that it is not easy to breakthrough the security of your wallet, the easy is to manipulate you or you are just giving your private wallet to the hacker, like phishing that is the basic one because mostly hackers are following you finding contacts and information to penetrate you thats why if you are weak and not finding it early then you can give your coins and bitcoins to the hacker
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
LETS GO ADAB
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

Its very hard for your account to be hack if you are very cautious with your move about your bitcoin wallet. The only way to hack your bitcoin is if you input your private key in a phising website or input your private information such as password. If you are only hodling and dont have any plan to make a transaction oftentimes is you use a hardware wallet.
Activity: 154
I'd suggest to get desktop wallet as you have more controls of your private key, just make sure your PC are clean from malware and junks.

If you're really serious about security you can get hardware based wallet like Trezor or paper wallet, that should be enough.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION
If you are careful, no hacker can take away your BTC. I think you should enable 2FA as this is necessary to help protect your account
Activity: 406
A key step to protect your Bitcoin is to store it in a hardware wallet,it is a physical  device,like the USD drive that stores your private keys and currency locally,and is not  connected to the internet.
Activity: 135
Merit: 11
When I first started collecting coins, this forum used to be full of threads in which users were lamenting about their coin stash getting stolen by the hackers. I still remember one user, who had BTC25,000 stolen from his wallet. If he had those coins now, then they could have been worth close to $250 million (including the price of Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold).
Then you mean to say that it can happen to anyone again??
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

If your wallet or BTC gets hacked, chances of getting back your coins is extremely low. Precaution is better than cure. You better take steps to protect your fund rather then suffering later. Use hardware wallets to store your coins. Never reveal any kind of sensitive information about your wallet to anyone.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
See you need to act smart if you are having lot of bitcoins,first do not store all of them at one place especially in online wallets,they are prone to hacked,use good paper wallet and save big amount of bitcoin there.secondly don't tell anyone about private keys of your wallet,don't save it online too,keep these things in mind and you are good to go.

Which means if you have an accident and hit your head you forget your password - and then because you had an accident you lose all your money - and then you don't have money to pay for the hospital. Clearly this just makes Bitcoin even more dangerous when you think about it
what are you talking about is just a 1 in a million chance, The best I would recommend is either you remember the password or just use a Two Factors Authentication wallet which is one of the safest one.
Activity: 350

Its a caution to all members to be conscientious enough never to lose their private keys. Instead, save them offline by printing out or memorizing them to avoid the unfortunate incidence of being hacked. Do not also put all your eggs in one basket by saving your BTC in diverse wallets.
Thanks
Activity: 202
the only real way of hacking is getting the private key. you should not be worried if you hold your btc on a paper wallet.
it is very close to impossible to retrieve it by chance.
all web, desktop and mobile wallets carry some risks and can be targets of hackers in many ways.
Activity: 196
Merit: 23
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

After it gets hacked there is not much you can do. You should adequately prepare before it gets hacked. I suggest you invest and buy a hardware wallet, it is very safe and straightforward to use.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
Hackers will target anyone with low security measures in place thats why we need to make it a habit not to feel lazy to enable secondary security feature like 2fa and avoiding using open networks which might expose us to hackers and dishing out of email addresses linked to our crypto wallets should come to a stop if we want to protect ourselves from hackers.
Activity: 24
I think yes you should be scared of hackers if you have a lot of BTC because why are hackers going to hack someone with 1 btc instead of someone with 1000 btc that seems sensible enough for me that they will hack the one with 1000 btc.
good suggestion, saving bitcoins in separate wallet. i will suggest to using Ledger and Trezor, this is both hardware wallet, means it will not connect online always, but yes you need connect internet when will using it. But so far using hardware wallet in safe computer would be good option for me.
[/quote]
Yes, you can do one thing NEVER reveal your main wallet address to anyone in the public and never use it for any other purpose. Always use a licensed version of operating system and Internet Security like Kaspersky or something better. Keep both up to date.
Activity: 182
no bitcoin network cannot be hacked but if u leak your private information then they may take your bitcoin or any other but it is not an easy job to hack the bitcoin
Activity: 196

Every people should scare of hacker especially people who have lot of btc.
If already get hacked i think nothing you can do if all of the bitcoin has been transfered to hacker wallet.
Becarefull before get hacked.
Activity: 406
If you are earning bitcoins from various methods like signature campaigns or trading activities or Gambling, never use the same wallet address in all places. Never let your earnings move into only a single place and never keep all bitcoins in a single wallet. Always diversify. Use a mix of hardware wallet, Offline or online wallets, cold storage wallet to hodl your bitcoins.
good suggestion, saving bitcoins in separate wallet. i will suggest to using Ledger and Trezor, this is both hardware wallet, means it will not connect online always, but yes you need connect internet when will using it. But so far using hardware wallet in safe computer would be good option for me.
Pages:
Jump to: