Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 18. (Read 4151 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
You should never be afraid, just save it in offline mode like in USB or something, dont save your private keys on your pc ,email or online storage, not even exchanges, you will be fine this way..
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
i love my family
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
there is nothing impossible nowadays hackers are everywhere.... but if you holding huge amount of bitcoins use wallet that you hold the private key or
use offline wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1043
Need A Campaign Manager? | Contact Little_Mouse
As long as you are using hardware wallets or hot wallets, there is nothing to be scared off. Use trezor or nano ledger s in storing your bitcoins especially if that is many bitcoins so that you will not lose it or you will not be hacked. Going into phishing sites is one way to stole or hack your coins so beware of the websites you are entering especially if they request your wallet address.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
you should be very afraid.

And being afraid will help you accomplish what? Nothing at all. Instead of being afraid,  you should start doing your research. It's good that OP did.

To OP:
I know that you've been hearing a lot of things about people having their wallets hacked. But it's all because of their own negligence. It's possible that their computer was already hacked even before they have generated their wallet. It's possible that someone (in his home) has access to his computer and is also a bitcoin user and they got the bitcoins. Remember, in your own house is most likely where you'd find the thief (in life in general, not just in bitcoins).

If you are not hacked by now, then probably you are not hacked at all and you're just overthinking things. Because if you were the hacker, you wouldn't wait for a little long when you hacked a bitcoin address because the person might sell out some of his coins. You're not going to wait for that person to have more bitcoins, you just hack it right away.

If you got hacked, you can't do anything. The only indication that you got hacked is when your bitcoins are already gone, right? You and I know that bitcoin's transactions are not reversible and that doesn't change even when you have a lot of bitcoins.
Activity: 117
Merit: 12
i would avoid using windows, and keep the wallets offline - paper, cold, hardware wallets, and break all in small chunks
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Maybe you shouldn't say that you have a lot of BTC.

ye, that's the first thing you should not do, saying "hey guys, i have a lot of money and i'm scared of thief, what should i do?"
Be wise and smart, never ever give out this kind of information in primis then, take all the precaution to keep your coins safe (you got already many great advices in this topic).
Hardware wallet it's the way to go, even better if you can put it in a bank safe but really, do not shout that you have a lot of money, there are a lot of greedy people around.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 373
<------

There wouldn't be anything you can do if your wallet or btc is already hacked. The best you can do is try to avoid this from happening. There are lots of wallet/apps/sites that offer secure storage although, you must be very cautious whenever you open it. The best to do is to only open your wallet in a separate device or PC, that is solely dedicated to wallet transactions.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Maybe you shouldn't say that you have a lot of BTC.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Once your wallet or your BTC was already hacked you can't do anything about it as the process is irreversible and you will never know who got your BTC. What you should do is to avoid this event to happen to your wallet or BTC. As they say prevention is better than cure. Avoid going to websites that are bitcoin related if you really don't know that website. If youo are not into trading and are just keeping your BTC for the future better yet delete your wallet and just keep your seed for future retrieval.
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
Always careful do not let anyone know your private key. Do not connect your devices on public places. Do not click any suspicious link to avoid any leaked in you account.
Activity: 434
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

Make sure that you have the highest security standards which is being recommended by your wallet provider and don't be naive at all when you get emails claiming to be from your wallet provider telling you to login into your account. Enable 2FA security on your wallet as well.
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
Cryptics

If you are holding a lot then i suggest you buy hardware wallet, pay a little bit for a far better security for your investment. Also it's hard to crack a bitcoin wallet as long as your computer isn't contaminated by malware or you enter the seed in phising site. If somehow your btc gets hacked, then nothing can be done about it, you can't get it back and you can only blame yourself for not securing it well enough.
Activity: 420

You should take all possible precautions to prevent this from happening. Once it happens there is not much you can do. Don't hold large amouonts on online wallets. Keep your private keys safe. Double check everything. Be a bit paranoid about those things Smiley
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
You need to use two-factor autentification and be carefull of spam at email. That's all!
Activity: 454
Merit: 10
"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"
Yes because they can get all your money from your wallet. So you should protect your wallet by all means. And don't trust anyone. And don't click any links that are sent to you.
Activity: 112

There is a lot of safety precautions that you can do for you to protect your bitcoin, first avoid visiting website that are untrusted or that usually offers big earnings from nothing. You can also try to use a physical wallet to keep your coins and atleast protect it from phishing website and other malware that can get your wallet credentials.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Honestly I do get scared too you know. Knowing that I store my coins in an online wallet for a short time.
But also I agree to everyone here saying that in order to keep your coins safe, use an offline wallet or a hardwallet. Or use those that have private keys.
Unless you forgot your keys or you have shared it to others. Surely, your coins have high possibility of being at risk to hackers if that is your concern. Or in other instances, you trust a stranger with your coins as investment without any background checks or security of a return.
Activity: 312
Merit: 11
I don't think you should scared of hackers if you have a lof of BTC.Because if you have best security,  best privacy protection you shouldn't scared at all.You should be confident about your BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
You can be frightened because the hackers will definitely make the way to steal your Bitcoins. It's best to look at the website you're going to know and know it's not a phishing site. You'll see it right on the side. It should be MYETHERWALLET LLC [US] - look at my screenshots. Please be careful because we worked hard for our money and did not let it be hacked by hackers

While it's always a good idea to check if the website in question has HTTPS, it's not a complete safeguard from getting phished.
Certificates can be forged, hackers can trick you into thinking that you're on the correct website, though usually you can notice pretty easily if you're not on the correct website.

That said, I wouldn't use an online wallet to store any significant amounts of Bitcoins.
Activity: 164
Of course you should be scared. Wallets containing Bitcoin is so prone to hacking because they only exist in digital world. You can see the address of transaction in blockchain but you cannot track the one who did the hacking. Therefore, once you got hacked there is nothing you can do.
Pages:
Jump to: