Pages:
Author

Topic: Should newbies invest with small capital in BTC - page 4. (Read 728 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
I know for beginners it’s always a must to start with small capital investment, as the risk to lose is quite manageable as well. But if you start generating profits, then you can start increasing the size of your bitcoin portfolio so you can start maximizing your future profits.That way, the more experienced you are, the lesser chances to lose, and the more opportunities to make massive profits you will obtain.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
If really you are a newbie with zero knowledge about Bitcoin and crypto, IMO, I will recommend you start with a little capital and then scale it up as you advance your knowledge about cryptos, you must ensure you understand properly how what you want to invest your hard-earned money works, in order not to have someone to blame at the end, while on the hand, you can start with the amount of money that you are comfortable of losing.

I agree with your statement.

Remember the time when the price of BTC skyrocketed on the last quarter of 2017? Lots of newbies invested without giving it much thought and process. There were even some people who just rode the hype and invested blindly without fully understanding on what caused the price of BTC to skyrocket. Fast forward a few months after, the price of BTC plummeted and majority of these people complained about BTC being a "scam" due to this occurrence.

What lesson can we get from this experience? First, if you are a newbie, make sure to understand on what you are investing on. Second, if you are committed in investing, only invest the amount that you are comfortably losing. Third, do not be greedy; and fourth, make sure to reflect and understand the cause of your profit/loss on your investments.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
In my opinion, a newbie should start investing in Bitcoin. It doesn't matter if the amount is small; you can still buy a bitcoin unit. Then newbies can develop their skills and experience to invest in other altcoins. It's very important to learn about Bitcoin if you want to learn about the crypto industry. Crypto investment is always risky, but Bitcoin is less risky where you can learn. If you want to gain more at the beginning, then you may regret it later.
Activity: 742
Merit: 157
Everyone who is involved in cryptocurrency wants to invest in Bitcoin but when it comes to investment amount many people hesitate to invest there because their investment amount is very low and their expectations are high. Bitcoin is definitely a reliable investment medium and it is possible to get good returns from it after a certain period of time. Investing in Bitcoin is less risky than other currencies. An investor irrespective of his ability will get a good return according to the amount invested if he invests in Bitcoin. As a new investor one should invest in Bitcoin according to his/her ability. After gaining good experience from here he can definitely take the best decision for him.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
So How Much To Invest??

Nobody should get pressured into investing an amount they won't be comfortable with Hodling when market starts correcting, investing in Bitcoin should be an individual decision and not based on what others are saying, the percentage here might be their own risk limit because removing 20-50% might not be a big money for them but for you it won't give you peace of mind therefore only invest the amount that will be comfortable to you if you lose it to the market (but that's very unlikely to happen) although to be on the safer side only Invest your spare money. It really don't matter if the money is too small but you can do the investing monthly until you have reached your desired target of investment. Don't invest everything one time neither buy with DCA monthly as it helps you to buy more quality of Bitcoin especially during the period that the market is in a bear season.

However, there comes a factor to be considered CAPITAL. Capital stands as a major factor to be considered while investing  however coming to the world of crypto and BTC precisely,  I think small capital won't do this considering the current monetary value for BTC.

Most people coming into the industry makes this mistakes of investing above their tolerance level just because they want to make quick profits and this make it difficult for them to hold, capital is a key factor in making gains from the market but understand that you're still a newbie and just starting, take things slowly because the market isn't going anywhere and there's always going to be an opportunity to buy Bitcoin at a lower price when the market corrects. Understand how the market works properly before you start investing big capital into the market. To answer your question, yes newbies should Invest with small capital and increase their capitals as they understand the market better.
Activity: 574
Merit: 308
Also, investing in btc with small capital; is a waste of time.

Which message are you trying to pass here? To discourage or scare away those willing to start with small capital? We know that investment with little capital is not much profitable at first but as a starter, you must start from somewhere no matter how little it seems. The big whales you heard about today were not initially a whale but once a beginner who didn't give up. So investing in bitcoin with a small capital is never a waste of time if you are consistent and working to improve it. After all, it all depends on your financial capacity and your risk tolerance level. The amount you consider big might be very small to someone or vice versa.

As a newbie or starter, there's absolutely nothing wrong if you choose to invest with little amount of money. You might increase your investment budget as time goes on and you begin to understand more about bitcoin. Remember the higher the investment, the higher the risk also.
Activity: 334
Merit: 27
I think the op is not a native English speaker as some of us are not, therefore let's not over react base on the misconception on the term capital, I think he wants to say some thing on salary.

As for the discussion about how much to invest, I really think it depends on the investor's understanding, emotional and mental capacity to withstand whatever the outcomes turns out to be. In my case a newbie who has enough money to invest and can afford to loose it if the reverse is the case, can invest their money as they wish.

It is more preferable for a newbie with zero knowledge to start in an easy way as he continue building it's emotional and mental strength to withstand the market volatility.

Every newbie who is seeing all the post on this forum should by now be educated and should start strategizing on how to use every opportunity that comes their way. If you think any risk is worth taking, please go ahead with the mind to bear the consequence if it doesn't go as you plan. No one should be blamed if anything happen to your fund.

This is not a financial advice! Do your own research.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1220
As a newbie and have no knowledge on n bitcoin, it is good to invest with a small capital to know the out come but at time goes, you can top up the wallet with bitcoin. The more experience you get the more you will be likely to invest, but starting small is not a bad idea in the investment space. And it is not to invest is the main thing but how patient are you to hodle the bitcoin in the wallet to see the next bull market. As it is many people has stopped to invest because they could not meet up the challenges.

You do the right thing when you are a newbie and that decision should be done by newbies to since its hard to invest a large amount of money to things that you don't know so chances to lose is so high at that time. But if you have capabilities to earn bitcoin then do it since there's no need for us to take some cash out of our pocket to use as capital for investment since there are many ways to earn bitcoin by offering services and that should be consider by newbie so that they can use that for any investment forms they like.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
As a newbie and have no knowledge on n bitcoin, it is good to invest with a small capital to know the out come but at time goes, you can top up the wallet with bitcoin. The more experience you get the more you will be likely to invest, but starting small is not a bad idea in the investment space. And it is not to invest is the main thing but how patient are you to hodle the bitcoin in the wallet to see the next bull market. As it is many people has stopped to invest because they could not meet up the challenges.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
No matter how profitable an investment is, newbies should always start putting a small capital in it. We don't know what will happen in the future so if that investment suddenly becomes out of value, at least we only lose an amount that we can afford to lose. And most especially that newbies have only limited knowledge, then it's hard to assume a successful investment later on. It's better to invest a little so you will only lose a little, at least you've learned a big lesson from it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 288
So How Much To Invest??
You're absolutely right; it's not necessary to ask how much you can invest; rather, the question should have been about how to invest.
However, the focus of investment depends on you and how much you can afford to invest in the market. In other words, it's about determining how much you are willing to put into the market. Personally, I started with just $100, and now, thanks to Allah, I have built a portfolio worth millions of dollars. So, the decision on how much to invest ultimately depends on you. If you have proper knowledge and experience in the market, knowing when to enter and exit which coin with perfect timing, you can certainly earn profits. And yes, one last thing to add is that it's crucial to use the dollar-cost averaging (DCA) strategy to reduce losses in your investments and diversify your portfolio.

For the rest, conduct your research, analyze according to your research, and make investment decisions wisely because, in this volatile market, no one can take responsibility for your actions but yourself.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
I tried to give a very precise answer to your question, but I understood that there can never be a uniform and a standard answer to your question, which should be used as a yardstick for every newbie. Your question is totally subjective in the sense that the income of every newbie is not the same. A newbie whose monthly income is about $10,000 can invest 10% of it, which is a good investment in Bitcoin. Whereas another newbie whose monthly income is $200, if that particular newbie also invest 10% of it we can say that it is not much enough to give a tangible profit. So it is better approached based on what you earn and also what you are able to lose. In as much as you are a newbie, going small and having experience of the markets and increasing later should be the best method for every newbie.
Activity: 336
Merit: 292

Feels good actually to invest and have a saying to have an investment in crypto and not just an ordinary crypto an Apex one to be precise which is way more cooler.

However, there comes a factor to be considered CAPITAL. Capital stands as a major factor to be considered while investing  however coming to the world of crypto and BTC precisely,  I think small capital won't do this considering the current monetary value for BTC.
Remember  the greater the capital the higher the profit and the higher the risk however considering BTC the risk minimal.

So How Much To Invest??

As I've said earlier, investing  little in BTC now won't give you a tangible profit when the profit comes but its advisable to invest 20- 40% of your capital in my opinion .However as a beginner or newbies, you literally know nothing about investing even if you have an idea you are still new to it so it is advisable to start with little amount to understand how the game is being played before considering any percentage  to add in your investment and this should be strictly  done according to your capital.

This is what I think but I know members with investment knowledge and others with more and deep knowledge could have a best saying but according to me this whati have to offer to newbies  though I'm also a beginner Smiley.

I think newbies should first understand the market and know about the ups and downs of the market. Capital is very important in crypto currency market, how much capital you have to invest. Obviously, a good investment can give you excellent returns. The most important thing is how to invest your capital. Of course, investing in Bitcoin with a small capital is not profitable, because the current price of Bitcoin is quite high, and it will require a large capital.

Of course, every investment involves risks as well as returns. The bigger the capital you invest, the more you risk losing, but in my opinion, investing in Bitcoin is the safest of all crypto currencies. Most people invest 50% of their allocated capital in Bitcoin and the remaining 50% for good and solid projects. However, I think that newbies should never invest their capital in Bitcoin or any crypto all at once, rather invest little by little after understanding the market. The most important thing for newbies is to never invest your entire capital in the crypto currency market. Invest money in the crypto currency market that is more than you need, which will not affect your daily life after losing.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 604
Investing in bitcoin is highly risky most especially for newbies who know nothing about bitcoin. That’s why one is not advised to jump into investing without acquiring knowledge first and understanding the risk about bitcoin. Otherwise, you’ll end up seeing bitcoin as a get rich quick and invest all in with your borrowed money or the money that you intended to pay the bills. And when you lose because of impatience, you might be blaming other people for that. I suggest start only with a small amount at first so that if things become hard for you at first, at least you won’t making huge losses and start to be depressed because of that.
Activity: 560
Merit: 287
This is what I think but I know members with investment knowledge and others with more and deep knowledge could have a best saying but according to me this whati have to offer to newbies  though I'm also a beginner Smiley.

Whether you are a beginner or an experienced investor, the amount of money you can invest in bitcoin is determined by the level of risk you are willing to face. Some newcomers who are already wealthy will not mind how much money they can spend here. Even after learning to trade, if you haven't worked on your psychological mindset about how much money you can risk investing, you haven't done anything. So the investment is determined by how much you are willing to invest in bitcoin rather than your rank here.
Activity: 728
Merit: 512

Feels good actually to invest and have a saying to have an investment in crypto and not just an ordinary crypto an Apex one to be precise which is way more cooler.

Remember  the greater the capital the higher the profit and the higher the risk however considering BTC the risk minimal.
IMO, i consider this to be incorrect.

So How Much To Invest??
There's no conventionally accepted amount. Invest what you have and can start will provided it's something tangible to start with.

As I've said earlier, investing  little in BTC now won't give you a tangible profit when the profit comes but its advisable to invest 20- 40% of your capital in my opinion .However as a beginner or newbies, you literally know nothing about investing even if you have an idea you are still new to it so it is advisable to start with little amount to understand how the game is being played before considering any percentage  to add in your investment and this should be strictly  done according to your capital.

Hmmm interesting. Newbie teaching newbies.

By the way what sort of BTC investment are you emphasizing on. Is it hodling? Because bitcoin investment doesn't have any stipulated start-up amount for investing. It's advisable people invest with whatever amount they can afford to start with and later DCA little by little for a long term profit.

It is in trading you will be needing a   uh amount to trade for higher profit but as a newbie it's very risky to use big amount for trading as you haven't equip with the experience and concrete working strategy being at your nursery stage in trading.

Activity: 126
Merit: 22

Your thread really represents the experience of most beginners including myself, because most beginners will definitely be confused about the amount or nominal they will try to invest in crypto.
In my experience as a beginner, before trying to invest with the money we have, we are obliged and very necessary to first learn basic knowledge about crypto and investment, what is worth investing in and how to buy and store the crypto assets we want to invest in.

I am trying to share a little of my experience regarding investment issues as a beginner. I had a bad experience the first time I tried to invest in this crypto world.
Why? because at first I admit I thought all crypto assets were the same and I was only tempted by the profits without knowing whether this crypto asset had the potential or not as a profitable investment.
Without thinking long and without doing any research first, I immediately bought "that" crypto asset and it turns out that this crypto asset has never grown at all and in fact the price continues to decrease compared to when I first bought it.
So in essence, as beginners who really don't have enough knowledge they should be more concerned with learning and increasing their knowledge about crypto rather than thinking about the amount they want to invest to avoid regrets like most careless beginners like me.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
investing in btc with small capital; is a waste of time.
As far as there will be little profits that will be made from bitcoin investment in the future, I wouldn't consider a small capital made in bitcoin as a waste of time. Newbies can start by investing with the little money they have as they get expertise in crypto knowledge. They can choose by topping up small capital to their bitcoin investment little by little as they can since there is no limit to bitcoin investment. The most important thing for them to do, is to learn how to secure their wallet and every other thing will be secondary.
Activity: 266
Merit: 119
Keep Promises !
I need to address somethings although have seen a lot of replies some are negative though but I don't know why you don't read an entire post understand it before replying I'm sorry if I'm offending.

Coming to capital you might have capital as not something you can invest  but here I'm talking about what you are willing to invest now
And Not your whole wealth  common think of it mates.

Also, if you read further I wasn't talking to newbies when I said invest  20% to 40% of your capital , I specified it
Newbies should start with little even if they think they know about investment, however when they are into the game they should understand more and invest more, that's just a simple way of saying  DCA not every newbies understand acronyms.

___ not trying to offend anyone ,remember I add I have those who know more than I do and those who are already into investment and they should have better opinions befor e ending the post.

Activity: 1218
Merit: 595
Well, talking about capital. All the money that you have invested is considered capital, never be confused about it.
I don't think you are totally accurate here, because not every investment is considered capital. But if you want to say only that investment that you have invested and also want to reinvest that investment as capital, then call it investment capital. I hope you get my point. Despite the more clearance, you have made a good point, and we all should know the difference between capital and investment. To be honest, I don't think most people even knew that these two terms have different meanings.

Even I did not know that these two are two different terms, until I read your post, So after reading it, I quickly tried to verify your statement and you are speaking right. Well, almost right, because in my experience capital is what we have like our own money and investment is the money that we have used to invest in some product or whatever and this money comes from our capital. So, I don't think that all the money that we have invested is called capital instead capital is our source.
Pages:
Jump to: