Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Satoshi's coins be deleted? - page 6. (Read 5152 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 22, 2015, 05:01:21 PM
no we cannt delete them as because we don't even know how to make them....after so many years also we are unable to know that how to make a bitcoin we just know that these are minable and we can mine it from the network with the help of a power consuming box called mining riges
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
April 22, 2015, 04:52:20 PM

If there was a way to get rid of satoshi's coins. Should they be deleted?
You can "destroy" (the value of) Satoshi's btc right now, all you have to do is convince 51% of the mining community to adopt your hard fork.

Good luck, champ.  Wink
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 22, 2015, 04:49:26 PM
LOL. OP is a troll. Imagine how public would perceive this: all the Bitcoiners gang-up and delete Satoshi's bitcoins. Thus the 51% attack took effect. Thus Bitcoin failed. Satoshi wasn't Julius Caesar, but Brutus and his gang sure stabbed him in the back to death. Y'know, that's at least how it would be perceived.

But, to be technical, OF COURSE it can be done. It's binary data in the end. Doesn't mean it will look good for Bitcoin in the big picture.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
April 22, 2015, 04:47:53 PM
I thought "Satoshi's coins" were unspendable even if he A) was still alive B) had the original wallet.

Only the 50 BTC from the genesis block are unspendable. Considering that Satoshi mined several blocks there should be plenty more available.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
April 22, 2015, 04:45:11 PM
I thought "Satoshi's coins" were unspendable even if he A) was still alive B) had the original wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
April 22, 2015, 04:42:04 PM
There are ways to get rid of satoshi's coins. Should they be deleted?

What do you mean by delete?  There is no delete or copy on the bitcoin blockchain. The blockchain is not a file system.
They can be moved by anyone who has the private keys.

There are always ways. You could hard fork the code to allow for just those coins to be sent to a different address without the private keys. You could create a new blockchain or a modified blockchain that all users must update to.

Obviously it's not going to happen. But I want to see it happen. Especially if all of those BTC were distributed to facebook users and there was a BTC wallet included in the facebook app.

Satoshi's 21% of coins is the biggest problem with BTC for me.

Facebook is a much worse problem to me. At least send satoshi coins to the Winklevoss Twins.

Grin

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
April 22, 2015, 04:35:14 PM

What do you mean by delete?  There is no delete or copy on the bitcoin blockchain. The blockchain is not a file system.

There are always ways. You could hard fork the code to allow for just those coins to be sent to a different address without the private keys. You could create a new blockchain or a modified blockchain that all users must update to.

Obviously it's not going to happen. But I want to see it happen. Especially if all of those BTC were distributed to facebook users and there was a BTC wallet included in the facebook app.

Satoshi's 21% of coins is the biggest problem with BTC for me.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
April 22, 2015, 04:28:18 PM

They could be send to an address that has no known private key associated with it.
like http://blockexplorer.com/address/1BitcoinEaterAddressDontSendf59kuE

I dont think it makes any difference whether they are not used or send to another address that no one currently can use.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
April 22, 2015, 04:27:09 PM

No, but there would be a way unless someone had access to them or satoshi had lost access to them whether by accident on purpose. I guess them all coming onto the market at once would cause a crash but I don't think satoshi would do that.
Activity: 672
Merit: 507
LOTEO
April 22, 2015, 04:24:23 PM

What do you mean by delete?  There is no delete or copy on the bitcoin blockchain. The blockchain is not a file system.
legendary
April 22, 2015, 04:22:57 PM

I think yes, a 21% instamine is ridiculous. It gives a bad name to BTC.

I would want to give them to Mark Zuckerberg and have him distribute them on facebook.

legendary
April 22, 2015, 04:22:41 PM

Pages:
Jump to: