Pages:
Author

Topic: Should we compensate bounty hunters when ICOs fail? - page 4. (Read 998 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 4
If the ICO fails investors are compensated from their own money they invested. From which funds would the hunters be compensated ?
I think it is more important that the soft cap be realistic and achievable and in that case the hunters will also be motivated to give their
best.
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
ICOs are like start ps in the business world and as such open to a wide margin of risks,so anyone who invests resources (cash,time or skills) should be aware of such risks and should only allocate resources that are not critical to him.bounty hunters like investors are not compensated
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
It is a common thing to see most ICOs stating in their whitepaper that the monies of investors will be refunded to them in case the ICO is not able to reach its softcap. Sadly bounty hunters work for like eight weeks or even more and their efforts go waste. Do you agree they should also be compensated?
Of course I agree , but I doubt that anyone is going to do , now a lot of fraud , but I think in the future there will be what some people can make decent earnings with the bounty
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Once a project fails it will be difficult for the ICOs  to pay bounty hunters in most cases failure of a project is most attributed to the market conditions of Cryptos particularly bitcoin irrespective of whether the project is a good one or not its therefore advisable for bounty hunters to be diligent and selective in choosing the right bounty campaigns.
Activity: 510
Merit: 100
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
Compensating the bounty hunters will depend on the team and only few projects will do this because if ICO did not reach its softcap then there is no fund to share  for bounty hunters, also it is stated on the bounty rules that if the projects fails then there will be no rewards.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
Today such situation that even if the project collected the necessary sum it often doesn't pay. And if you don't collect, then how he can repay the funds to the bounty hunter?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
An ICO that starts with the idea of failing, always has a higher chance on not being successful and the ones that start with a great idea and vision and are determined to be successful and create a new token that is going to change and help the world. The idea of compensating bounty hunters if an ICO has failed is great because this way you make your your work is not for nothing and at least you get your money back but still you work for dozens of hours for pretty much nothing since at the end you have no profit.
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
It is very painful to work for more than three to four months for a company only to be told that the ICO wasn't successful so you are not going to be paid. I suggest that at least 10% of the amount earned can be paid in ETH to the hunters.
Activity: 102
Merit: 0
Yes, I believe that it is not fair to return money to investors and at the same time not to pay any compensation to bounty members. Just recently I came across such an ICO project (Maestro). We spent 5 weeks bounty and last week they said they were closing.
Activity: 532
Maybe and maybe not but bounty hunter are really trying.... They are always busy working day and night. I think they should be compensated why?. They have wasted their time and energy to complete and follows the task given and as we all know time is money that mean bounty hunter are also investing money which is time.
Activity: 361
Bounty hunters spend a lot of time doing campaigns for a project. But if the project fails or soft cap is not reached, I don't think bounty hunters should be given any price because monies are being returned to investors. Bounty hunters should keep in mind that, entering a bounty campaign is a risk taken. Either you receive a lot of rewards or zero.
Activity: 154
Are you kidding me, People supporting that bounty hunter should be compensated, where are the team going to get the money to compensate the bounty hunters? Since they will refund the investors their money which money are they going to pay the bounty? Some people are not even considerate.
Activity: 309
What do you expect them to be compensated with? The failed token or eth? Well, it should be outrightly stated in the wp if otherwise
Activity: 317
To be realistic, if an ico cannot meet its target and eventually fail then I don't know how they can compensate bounty hunters since the bounty compensation is dependent on the success or failure of the project. If bounty hunters are given tokens that are not marketable on any exchange, I see no sense in that and it is even better not getting it at all.
Activity: 165
You do have a valid point but the issue is that they can't pay bounty hunters with the project token, even if they do it will be useless because it can't be listed.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
I think if a project fails to reach its softcap then the bounty hunters should not be paid because participating in a bounty campaign is all about risk and the bounty hunters should be ready to face it whenever such thing happen.
Activity: 728
Affirmative answer. And I agree that there must be some compensation. It's the hard work of bounty hunters-wasting your time and health and you get nothing in return.
Activity: 210
I agree with you and also believe that the participants of the Bounty are worthy of compensation
Activity: 112
It would have been nice to see such happen, but as it is,there is no money from the ICO they can use to compensate for the bounty hunters, project member will not have the resources to do that
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
It would be nice to compensate the bounty hunters but let's us come to think of the developers loss and sympathize with them.They have invested so much even before bounty hunters come in.So I think that if we bounters demand for compensation for a failed project,that will be so much for the developers to bear in addition to other loses.
Pages:
Jump to: