Pages:
Author

Topic: sick of high fees Ive moved over to alts - page 3. (Read 899 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
Just make sure that you have prepare the worst scenario when you decide to moved your btc into altcoin.
As I know the value much more unpredictable.

But if you lucky enough, you can earn profit more than anything
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 18
Crypto.BI
I used to be in the bitcoin core crowd but after still paying ridiculous fees recently Ive moved over to bch and SV, I Guess this is kind of a rant, but I dont understand who the hell wants to pay high fees to send money to someone.

Naturally, if transaction costs are high, that is due to a large queue and the price of bitcoin is now increasing. You may use other altcoins to transact like Monero or XRP. I also often do as you do when you feel high transaction costs.

That's an interesting take.

So if Ethereum had the same transaction volume as Bitcoin do you think their gas price would also be proportional to Bitcoin?

This implies that there aren't cheaper alternatives, just lower volume ones. Correct?
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 3
Transaction fee can be dependent on the type of wallet provider been used, Imtoken (IOS version) charges too high even though they claim to be a Segwit wallet, Mycelium (IOS)  has Low fee, ecomony, normal and high priority, they are all still high when sending $25 upward. The best is to get a wallet provider that allow you to set your price as you desire, never forget to always check network fee, you may want to use this as a guide https://coinb.in/#fees
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
I also experienced high fee transaction yesterday. But I understand tgat this is normal because bitcoin's price value is on high level. It is like also in regular salary in employment. When goods and product are continue to grow it's price employees will request for a higher salary. Make sense and have some adjustment make your every transactions meaningful.
Activity: 276
Merit: 10
I used to be in the bitcoin core crowd but after still paying ridiculous fees recently Ive moved over to bch and SV, I Guess this is kind of a rant, but I dont understand who the hell wants to pay high fees to send money to someone.

Hahaha.. This is definitely a rant. You realized early cos no one wants to stay in a place where losses will be higher than gains. All these platforms are making enough from people, exchanges too that's why I quickly abandon any exchange that charges high fees.
Activity: 493
Merit: 28
Can you elaborate how much many did you send and how much the cost? Are you using third party wallet like Blockchain.com? Send the us the tx on which block it happened.

Use SegWit to get cheap fee, if you complain because of high fee but you send it from exchange you just making fool out of yourself. Exchange usually have fixed fee so they can make money each time you withdraw. If you use your own wallet the fee will be much cheaper.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

Naturally, if transaction costs are high, that is due to a large queue and the price of bitcoin is now increasing. You may use other altcoins to transact like Monero or XRP. I also often do as you do when you feel high transaction costs.
Activity: 994
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
You can set the fees lowered than the recommended ones.
If you're happy with the shift with those forked coins, it's your decision.
But I'm staying to bitcoin no matter what other says.
I also support the strategy to stay in Bitcoin and hold it. when it will grow then it will be possible to buy altcoins
to be able to have and buy bitcoin, of course you have to have big capital so that when get a profit it feels a lot ,I prefer coins with cheap prices although getting a profit requires a long time
Activity: 840
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I also support the strategy to stay in Bitcoin and hold it. when it will grow then it will be possible to buy altcoins
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 6
Use XRP, XLM, ICX, TRX, LTC for small fees, whats your problem?) There are a lot of liquidity in those coins right now. BTC was planned like very cheap payment method, but now most people use it like investment tool, BTC is digital gold right now and it pretty good in that way, for payments there are a lot of much more cheaper and fastest coins.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Catalog Websites
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
You are the first person I will be seeing complaining about bitcoin fee has been high, you would have just left you money in your traditional bank and see which charge is higher. The only time we usually get high charge complain is when the price is becoming too high and also demands become much which usually create congestion for the system, which no one forced you to transact this time.

Those forks you mentioned, what is their trade volume within 24hrs compared to the trade volume of bitcoin, when you see the number of people using this coin within 24hrs, you will understand why we usually have congestion sometimes and not always.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
In my own opinion, fees are usually higher for BTC because it has the greatest percentage of the market cap, so it's usually congested. Especially now that some big players are trooping in, many people are buying BTC and miner fee is high.
copper member
Activity: 299
Merit: 1
I still don't know why the Bitcoin core dev still finds it difficult to fix the high fee issue just like eth have done. After the last eth upgrade it worked on the fee and it is now moderate. This has been one of the reasons I had to stop making transactions with Bitcoin
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

Yeah, since btc price increased I think it has also made the fees to go high. This could be because of demand and people who are selling off to take profit. After this initial rush, it could go to normal again. It was witnessed last two years too or anytime price increase.
Activity: 490
How much high fees were you charged and what amount did you send ? Providing such data will help to know if the fees are high. If I send a Bitcoin of USD value of 200 $ I do not pay a fee of more than 2$. I don't consider this high. so let us know how high you mean. Remember there is no free lunch. Miners need to get paid.
Activity: 509
I think is better to still use and hold bitcoin, even if there are high fee you can try accelerate your transaction for free if has at least 10satoshi fee, but anyway is your choice.
Totally agree with you.  I also follow this strategy.  Because I think that now is the right time to keep Bitcoin.  It will still grow in the future, now it does not need to be sold.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
I think is better to still use and hold bitcoin, even if there are high fee you can try accelerate your transaction for free if has at least 10satoshi fee, but anyway is your choice.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

If it is still lower than the traditional ways of paying or sending money to another part of the world then I guess it is fine. I only buy BTC because I want to double my money or even more, I don't really had a problem with the fees because I rarely send them. Again it is your choice to choose what ever alts you wanna use in alternative to bitcoin just be very careful out there.
There's always a reason why people are investing with this crypto currency, if you are aiming for long term goals you will not be affected of fees as you will not transfer your coins aside from you already gain your target value, else, you will keep it and let it grow and forget about issue that can be solved after some years of existence.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
The fee for bitcoin shipping is always high and I find it in several markets, so when I make a withdrawal of bitcoin I always change it in the form of altcoin, because the fee for sending altcoin is very cheap and very far compared to bitcoin.
It's not entirely bitcoin's fault, it's just exchange overpricing their withdrawal fee just to keep more profits, you can't really escape it since you'll face the exact thing when your gonna convert your altcoin to btc.
Pages:
Jump to: