Pages:
Author

Topic: Sidehack stick solo pool club - page 20. (Read 27076 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
September 22, 2015, 06:48:43 AM
After 30 days if we can figure a good easy way to count everyone's hash rate we may do that.  Not sure maybe someone comes up with a good idea that is easy to do.

If it helps, I could extend my notification script so that it reports the hash rates of the monitored addresses at the time a block is hit. Basically you (or anyone) could run the script with the published list of club workers. If a block is hit, anyone who is running the script will receive an email with the list of workers and their hash rates at that moment.

I know that most forum members have the utmost respect for you Phil. We trust that you'd accurately carve out the winnings.

But the nice thing about this approach is that anyone who cares about the result of a found block by the club can subscribe to notifications for the same club list. So there could be corroboration of the numbers by any forum member who wants to receive the notifications. It's kind of fitting that there's the opportunity of distributed validation of each other's hash rates. It mirrors the distributed underpinnings of the coin itself.

The current script resolution is plus or minus 5 minutes of a block discovery event, but that's easy to tighten up if desired. That said, it might not matter if the agreement is that we use the 1 day hash rate average, or something like that, to determine the reward split.

There's other algorithms that we could consider, but it probably makes sense to keep this simple. Also, someone else might have a better way to do this. It doesn't hurt my feelings if someone has a better alternative.

Of course since the likelihood of cracking a block is low, we should probably temper our efforts for whatever works and not spend too much time on an ideal solution.

Would donated hash count towards the reward calculation, or is it only compac hash?  I would think donated would be donated and would not count, but ass u me...

the beta test is 30 days  and if you don't have a stick but want to use an s-1 or an s-3  you would get a share.

basically for the first 30 days anyone can enter with at least 6gh (that is one compac at freq 125)
or 400ph or anything in between.

just let us know if it is a stick or donated (not a stick)  you get 1 share for your forum name.

after 30 days we will try to create a better set of rules based on the outcome of the 30 day testing.

BTW:

hash is up for today  Fixed order  #636639  0.011 btc 5th

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.philipma1957donation
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
September 22, 2015, 05:17:19 AM
Why not get a Compac now and the 4 chip as well when it comes out.  The Compac is a really good stick, I haven't heard anyone say they regret buying one.  

Look at the 21 "miner" preorder on amazon; $400 lol.  I bet the Compac will be more powerful when they announce the specs.

I hope Bitmain releases their antRouter for $30 before they release in NOV.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
September 22, 2015, 01:59:44 AM
i am thinking about buying a stick just to put on this pool.. but i am really holding out for that 4 chip board he is working on.. :/
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
September 22, 2015, 12:53:21 AM
After 30 days if we can figure a good easy way to count everyone's hash rate we may do that.  Not sure maybe someone comes up with a good idea that is easy to do.

If it helps, I could extend my notification script so that it reports the hash rates of the monitored addresses at the time a block is hit. Basically you (or anyone) could run the script with the published list of club workers. If a block is hit, anyone who is running the script will receive an email with the list of workers and their hash rates at that moment.

I know that most forum members have the utmost respect for you Phil. We trust that you'd accurately carve out the winnings.

But the nice thing about this approach is that anyone who cares about the result of a found block by the club can subscribe to notifications for the same club list. So there could be corroboration of the numbers by any forum member who wants to receive the notifications. It's kind of fitting that there's the opportunity of distributed validation of each other's hash rates. It mirrors the distributed underpinnings of the coin itself.

The current script resolution is plus or minus 5 minutes of a block discovery event, but that's easy to tighten up if desired. That said, it might not matter if the agreement is that we use the 1 day hash rate average, or something like that, to determine the reward split.

There's other algorithms that we could consider, but it probably makes sense to keep this simple. Also, someone else might have a better way to do this. It doesn't hurt my feelings if someone has a better alternative.

Of course since the likelihood of cracking a block is low, we should probably temper our efforts for whatever works and not spend too much time on an ideal solution.

Would donated hash count towards the reward calculation, or is it only compac hash?  I would think donated would be donated and would not count, but ass u me...
legendary
September 22, 2015, 12:17:42 AM

It is late and I am a bit tired but sounds like a plan.

If you shoot me a pm with instructions on setup  I can set it up in the morning.

Simple is best. At least in the first 30 days.

To give new people what we are dealing with odds wise.

I am donating a lot of hash to this.  which more then 3x your chance at a block if you do the 1 stick min.

So lets say I send 5th ¼ of each day (via rental as  a donation) this is 1.25th or 100 sticks at  freq 225.  plus I am running 20 sticks at freq 125.  thats is 135gh so.  If you add 1 stick you are getting the benefit of all this free hash.

It is why for the first 30 days give 1 share each vs me taking ½ really makes a stick mining here as a solo a better shot then at home.

so lets say with my hash some other donors and the 1 stick guys.  we average 2th a day.  in a world of frozen diff that 2th would earn .5btc in 1 month  .5btc is 1/50 of a block.  So the chance of hitting 1 block the first 30 days is about 50 to one.  right now you would get around 1.38 btc

this is very rough math but not far off.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
September 21, 2015, 11:31:17 PM

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
September 21, 2015, 11:24:57 PM
Still having trouble getting my raspberry pi to see the sticks. I've got a new 2.0 usb hub on order should come wednesday so we'll see how that goes. Reviews for it say good for mining with the Pi model B which I'm using, here's hoping!
legendary
September 21, 2015, 07:50:41 PM
so with this basically everyone pools their sticks together to one addy and if a block is found the reward is split evenly?  nifty idea, better than using the stick by yourself

Yes.  I believe so.  Although I'm not sure how the difference in individual hashrate would apply if the club found a block.

It gets divided evenly between everyone who has a stick pointed to the pool.  Individual hash rate does not factor in.

first 30 days it will be an even split  we have about 18 of us  so more then a coin each.

25/18 = around 1.38 btc each

with the block winner getting the fees  as a bonus.

The math is  still against hitting a block those 30 days.  even with the 5th for 6 six hours that I toss in.

when I get the s-7 I may point it each day for 6 hours. Rather then rent from nicehash.
legendary
Activity: 1456
September 21, 2015, 05:13:42 PM
Thanks for adding me to the list.

I set up a window in my cryptoglance to monitor the club separate from my other miners:

The odds are against us, but if we did hit one that would be pretty cool.   Cool

It would be nice to see this keep catching on.  I really hope we can get the club mentality and see more and more throw sticks at it.

I have 3 compacs pointed twords it.  I plan on leaving it like this for a bit.  Chances are we won't see a block... but we can wish Smiley.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 04:26:14 PM
so with this basically everyone pools their sticks together to one addy and if a block is found the reward is split evenly?  nifty idea, better than using the stick by yourself

Yes.  I believe so.  Although I'm not sure how the difference in individual hashrate would apply if the club found a block.

It gets divided evenly between everyone who has a stick pointed to the pool.  Individual hash rate does not factor in.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
September 21, 2015, 03:30:38 PM

Yes.  I believe so.  Although I'm not sure how the difference in individual hashrate would apply if the club found a block.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
September 21, 2015, 03:25:29 PM
legendary
September 21, 2015, 06:10:14 AM
5th of donation Hash is up on nice hash.

order number #634802

should last 6 hours

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.philipma1957donation
legendary
September 21, 2015, 12:04:26 AM
add kipper01 to the list.  Smiley
1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.kipper01

got you in right here.

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.kipper01
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ
September 20, 2015, 06:29:21 PM

I set up a window in my cryptoglance to monitor the club separate from my other miners:

The odds are against us, but if we did hit one that would be pretty cool.   Cool

Ok how did you set this up?  I tried but failed what pool did you select?  I tried CKPool but did not know API do use.

Nevermind got it figured out. 
Activity: 223
September 20, 2015, 06:19:56 PM
While things are fermenting.
I've got 2 sticks running side by side with an arctic fan. 225MHZ, 24G,
13.5 watts on my killawatt meter not including the router that would run
anyway, and the pi that can't be using much. My feeling is that if you
have a usb miner or miners (63 BE's) that actually run, don't touch and
don't change anything. Don't fiddle with a connection, don't swap a hub
or port out. Cast the thing in lexan.
None of that is my interest today.
Last night I turned the leds toward the wall but the reflection was
maybe worse than a direct hit.
Today I searched the junk drawer for green vinyl electrical tape, which
I had but couldn't find. All I found was red. A few inches, double
layered, slit lengthwise. Wrapped around the two side by side miners.  
Aside from a little blue leakage above and below, all you see flashing
is red.
What is the rule? Something red absorbs red and reflects other colors?
I would never have chosen red tape but right now I'm liking it. I Think
I'll try adding add a third layer.
Activity: 214
1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ
September 20, 2015, 05:58:08 PM
add kipper01 to the list.  Smiley
1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.kipper01
Activity: 361
Merit: 267
September 20, 2015, 08:53:46 AM
Just got back from NYC.

I can tell many workers added to the pool.

let me check all info.

Stay out of my neck of the woods! Lol

hey man 'I am a Native New Yorker'  Born in Queens. Schooled in Brooklyn K to 12th grade. Wink

Born and raised in Brooklyn, live on Long Island now.

Nassau or Suffolk?

I'm live in Nassau and work in western Suffolk.
legendary
September 20, 2015, 05:19:38 AM

The odds are against us, but if we did hit one that would be pretty cool.   Cool

Looks nice.

I just started sundays .011 btc order on nice hash

F #632904   this should last  for 6 hours

I now have 20 sticks running in a debian 7 build

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.philipma1957sticks

here is the donated hash for sunday

legendary
September 20, 2015, 01:22:11 AM

The odds are against us, but if we did hit one that would be pretty cool.   Cool
Pages:
Jump to: