Pages:
Author

Topic: SILENTARMY v5: Zcash miner, 115 sol/s on R9 Nano, 70 sol/s on GTX 1070 - page 2. (Read 209263 times)

Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!
I am an (ex)BASIC programmer, prepare to meet your Adventure!

"Your are inside a building, a well house for a large spring."
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I'm an assembly programmer. Zcash is being harwested...

i am a BASIC programmer. prepare to meet your doom! *

*(soon as I dig my BASIC for Dummies book out)

I'm pretty sure DOOM (the original) was C and Assembler.

I am an (ex)BASIC programmer, prepare to meet your Adventure!

Claymore LINUX miner is v9.2 - and slower on some hardware (mostly older stuff) than v9.1 was, though it's close either way.

I'd STILL prefer to see an open-source or at least a no-fee option that is competative, something like Genoil vs Claymore on ETH.

The market cap for ETH is quite a bit higher than the cap for X11/13/15/Quark COMBINED - yet there are 3 different ASIC that showed up for X11 this year.
 The limit isn't the market cap.

mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
I have not moved on, but in this period of end-of-year festivities, I am spending more time with family and less working on SA. So v6 will be ready when it is ready. Right now it is a work in progress. I have code mostly finished that in theory should be roughly as fast as Claymore, but I am unable to tell how fast it is because a bug I have yet to track down leads to incorrect results being generated.
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
Any update on v6 progress?

I think it is difficult to achieve the speed of Claymore.

Claymore just released a Linux miner. So we do not have incentive to use SA.

RUMOR HAS IT THAT mrb HAS MOVED ON--

With the several other developers working on mrb's free and openly shared code, there is hope for substantial development.  But, with the prize honoring his work, the new home, family life, and the holidays, mrb may be conservative about spending time working on what might be a "side-project".

I hope that the work he did on this SilentArmy project serves to further his professional career.

Merry Christmas!       --scryptr
Activity: 460
Merit: 254

Claymore just released a Linux miner. So we do not have incentive to use SA.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Activity: 51
ETH also has a limit to how long an ASIC would be useable at all (and there isn't enough ETC market to make up the difference when ETH goes POS).

The market cap of ETH is too low for the ASIC.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
ETH also has a limit to how long an ASIC would be useable at all (and there isn't enough ETC market to make up the difference when ETH goes POS).

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

ZCash will be ASIC resistant. It will change algorithm when ASIC is available.

the marketcap need to be much much bigger than the tiny pussy we have now, to even start dreaming about asic here, i don't think there will be ever an asic for zcash, look at etheruem 1B market and no asic....
Activity: 51

ZCash will be ASIC resistant. It will change algorithm when ASIC is available.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
sp is waiting the open source to mod it it make sense, with nicehash and the ewbf he can't do anything

EWBF JUST RELEASED v0.0.5b--

And Optiminer plans a new release in a day or so.  NiceHash has the smoothest running miner with EQM.  I run EQM on nVidia and Optiminer on AMD.  Optiminer has stability issues.       --scryptr

soooo ya heard it here first I guess, huuuuuge pump incoming.  small people controlling most of zcash means only one thing, manipulated markets.  all aboard the merry go round (again)
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Is there something to harvest?
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
sp is waiting the open source to mod it it make sense, with nicehash and the ewbf he can't do anything

And Optiminer plans a new release in a day or so.  NiceHash has the smoothest running miner with EQM.  I run EQM on nVidia and Optiminer on AMD.  Optiminer has stability issues.       --scryptr

legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Winners don't use drugs.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Activity: 652
Merit: 266
SA v6 (zavasava) 170MHASH@gtx 1070
Eqminer 1.03b 340MHASH@gtx 1070 (+100%)

Same clocks
zavasava's running with 2 threads.
Eqminer 1.03b running with -ca (2 threads)

Just to make it very clear, my fork is NOT SA v6.
And I made it very clear that NVIDIA was not my focus. (I don't even own a current-gen NVIDIA card.)
And you intentionally misspelled my name.
You have been so rude to me that I just decided to optimize the hell out of my miner for NVIDIA cards.
My new GTX 1060 is arriving tonight, and I will catch up with Eqminer very soon.

The pascal chip is superscalar and able to do 2 instructions per clock cycle. The zcash algorithm is not limited by memory. Shared mem/cache. I am your competition. Your code is slow. I am harvesting zcash.
R U bragging or smth?
Pages:
Jump to: