Pages:
Author

Topic: Silk Road: anonymous marketplace. Feedback requested :) - page 14. (Read 152732 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Can anyone please send me an invite  Sad
Activity: 2
I was going to ask for that same invite etc, but I figure after a few weeks, after the heat has slightly passed from everyone the service may open up again.

There will be a super huge influx of people trying to get the info...

Otherwise if anyone could get me it i would appreciate it, but its not imperitive
Activity: 1
I love the idea and would also love an invite if possible, thanks in advance!
I would really appreciate any info for logging in or invite, PM'd.  foolofyork.....Huh? Please.......?
Thanks in advance
-thnking
I'm having trouble accessing Silk Road. I have Tor installed. I use the encrypted portal, but I just get a blank page with two blank input fields and a GO button. I supposed this is for a username and password. But how to get a username and password to get started? I found your portal and it's pointer to the Gawker article, but I don't find out how to sign up for Silk Road and get a username/password there either. Would appreciate your help. Edgar.

I see there has already been come discussion about the registration procedure disappearing. If an invitation is required, please consider this a request.
This was so sick as just several hours ago i had access to it and was reading through the forums there then experienced problems, then it was gone and i was foolish to not create an account. Oh it was fun just to see things like this exist.
Activity: 5
Can someone pm me an invite? need to purchase some "wares"
When I saw Silk Road I realised it was precisely what I've been looking for. I researched acquiring bit coins and set up a bit coin miner. My PC is in NO way capable of crunching the numbers at a satistfactory rate, so I signed up to a bit coin marketplace to buy myself some bit coins. This morning I was finally validated and able to buy, so I went back to Silk Road to check prices, and found it suddenly concealed!

I do suspect you're going to see a lot of similar requests in short order, but in the absence of other options, is anyone able to help me gain a login to Silk Road? I'm kicking myself that I didn't create a login when I had the opportunity!

Thanks
If anyone has an extra invite plox?

~medicating
Activity: 13
And I guess there's no invitations going on ?

Check your PMs Smiley

Last person who I help.  Gotta go to bed.  Have fun everyone!
And I guess there's no invitations going on ?
Registration link disapeared... For security ? Server Update ?

Invitation only now ?

Can someone tell me what happening (or PM me) ?

The SR staff isn't giving away much information but supposedly it's to stifle the craziness after the Gawker article.  Things should return back to normal in due time, but no telling how long it'll be.
Nice try, DEA agent.  Cool

Right sport. Wrong team.
Well if anyone gets a definitive answer on what the hell happened please post it, or a way to get invited as a member. I spent the day figuring out how to use the whole bitcoin system that's the only reason I hadn't registered then I logged on to register and its just the 2 boxes so if anyone finds out... please help :/

Check your PMs Smiley

Did you find an answer? Smiley

Check your PMs.
Registration link disapeared... For security ? Server Update ?

Invitation only now ?

Can someone tell me what happening (or PM me) ?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
invites actually don't increase security at all

(you think a LEO would have a hard time getting an invitiation?)

and they increase the probability that the person you are dealing with is a LEO because of this. Average user gets frustrated, forgets about it after an hour. LEO gets paid to get an invite.

SR admins, please keep market free and open both as experiment in possibilities and because it actually offers best protection for users.

Nice try, DEA agent.  Cool
Well if anyone gets a definitive answer on what the hell happened please post it, or a way to get invited as a member. I spent the day figuring out how to use the whole bitcoin system that's the only reason I hadn't registered then I logged on to register and its just the 2 boxes so if anyone finds out... please help :/

Check your PMs Smiley

Did you find an answer? Smiley
private bittorrent trackers.  The notable difference, though, is that most content on SR is a quite a bit more illegal.  Still, it's worth the try especially after all the heat from the assholes at Gawker.

Private trackers are about keeping seeding ratios up and preventing large influxes of leechers at one time. It's not even stopping the copyright police, mostly because they don't have to worry about it, can harvest there 10,000 IPs for the day's shake down laters from non-private trackers. It's not keeping law enforcement out. You think an invite only system would work for something that actually has law enforcement interest like a CP tracker?

There are two levels of security -- one relies on a small and close circle of trust where people are on a need to know basis and everyone is being vouched for. This only works in very small situations. Even then, not foolproof.

Many users - better security through obscurity. every small barrier you put up creates more problems for regular potential user, not a problem at all for someone whose job it is to circumvent them.

and they increase the probability that the person you are dealing with is a LEO because of this. Average user gets frustrated, forgets about it after an hour. LEO gets paid to get an invite.

SR admins, please keep market free and open both as experiment in possibilities and because it actually offers best protection for users.

While I somewhat agree with you, closed invite-only systems seem to work pretty well for private bittorrent trackers.  The notable difference, though, is that most content on SR is a quite a bit more illegal.  Still, it's worth the try especially after all the heat from the assholes at Gawker.

Pages:
Jump to: