Pages:
Author

Topic: Silk Road: anonymous marketplace. Feedback requested :) - page 6. (Read 152732 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Actually I heard it a lot differently. I heard that because of all the negative publicity, registrations were going to be closed indefinitely. I have been in SR for a long time and tahts pretty much the summation of the forum chatter.

So the forum chatterers know more than the guy who's running SR?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Rumor has it that Silk Road will be up by the end of the week as they move their servers.   That is why even registered users are experiencing problems logging in.

Yeah SR has been sluggish at best lately.  Hopefully the server migration or upgrades are swift.
Activity: 14
Rumor has it that Silk Road will be up by the end of the week as they move their servers.   That is why even registered users are experiencing problems logging in.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
More Silk Road accounts available.

PM me with your BTC offer.

Thanks.
Activity: 5
I don't think SR really cares whether some one sells new accounts or not... as long as the site's traffic is low enough not to crash the server.

as has been stated before in here, the site is down until he can upgrade the server its on.

Ahhhh  server load probs.  That makes sense.   Cool, I'll wait it out I guess.  I don't mind donating to sites for this reason, but I can't give money until I actually get to use the site Wink

Nesetalis, thanks for the info!
Activity: 1
hey anybody got an extra account i got my tor working and everything today just need an account to get started, help a brotha out plz PM me
Activity: 420
I don't think SR really cares whether some one sells new accounts or not... as long as the site's traffic is low enough not to crash the server.

as has been stated before in here, the site registration is down until he can upgrade the server its on.

-edit- site registration, not the site itself :p
Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.

I hear that a lot, but then I figure life came pretty easy to each one of us who is alive.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Minds are like parachutes they work best when open
i got tor, i need an account now... anybody?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
If anyone is feeling generous and has a spare account that they are willing to gift to me, please PM me to make my day.

me too.

Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.
I know some people are selling accounts, but it seems like a dick thing to turn around and sell them now
Your moral indignation and outright disparagement and alienation of those with surpus accounts certainly wont help you get an account when you have no ability to register one.

Entrepreneurs have an uncanny ability to recognise a financial opportunity when one presents itself.

I understand all that.  But if I do decide to buy an account, I'm sure the people with the extra accounts would still want to take my money.  When it comes down to it, I doubt they would give a crap what I said about selling them.   It just makes no sense for Silk Road to not allow new accounts if people are just selling them.  If the wrong people want to get access to the site, they still can but now have to pay a small fee.

Ultimately, like I said, if the site and the process is as secure as it is supposed to be, why stop people from creating new accounts?  What is the threat?

I'm pretty new to all this so maybe my idea as to why new accounts can't be created is totally off.   I PM'd the Silk Road OP (rep?) to see whats up.

On a side note, I never understood why people go out of their way to post a comment bashing someone else's comment and not contribute anything to further the purpose of the actual thread... Do you really not have anything better to do than to antagonize someone you don't know and never will?
If anyone is feeling generous and has a spare account that they are willing to gift to me, please PM me to make my day.
Activity: 2
Besides the irritation it is causing some people, I have to state the obvious about buying Silk Road accounts:

how can you verify that the account is valid before you get it?

I am perfectly willing to pay bitcoin for a valid account, but I cannot see how to keep from being ripped off.

Not only that, but there will probably be a dozen similiar sites 2 months from now.

Of course, some of them will be LE sting operations.  Grin

Activity: 385
I know some people are selling accounts, but it seems like a dick thing to turn around and sell them now
Your moral indignation and outright disparagement and alienation of those with surpus accounts certainly wont help you get an account when you have no ability to register one.

Entrepreneurs have an uncanny ability to recognise a financial opportunity when one presents itself.

I would love to be invited to silk road.
there is no invitation process.
Activity: 3
Well that doesn't seem to be the case Sad     I never did anything bannable.. just browsed a bit and messaged a few sellers. When I try to log in I get a blank page and a captcha that just refreshes the page when I type in my account info...

Try messing around with cookie settings in your TOR browser.  Sounds like cookies being denied.

Yay! I'm on. Thanx bro, I'd totally add you as a friend on SR if I could. Grin    Now to find some bitcoin.
Activity: 2
i also missed the boat, damn it! i know im just another voice in the choir at this point but if anyone would be kind enough to send me an invite i would be most appreciative. thanks all Smiley
OK - from the comments I've read I gather Silk Road is closed for new members...  Nice, that is great.   I realize that the attention it is getting from the media, etc isn't helpful, but what the hell did they think was going to happen?   If you tell a secret to 2 people, chances are 1 of them will spread the word.  Nothing is secret on the internet.   Also, if it is all really so anonymous, then what is the problem with letting new users sign up?

Maybe the reason new accounts aren't available has to do with something else entirely, I would just like to get in on this.  I got Tor all set up and researched how this all works and now I can't even get in.  If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.  I know some people are selling accounts, but it seems like a dick thing to turn around and sell them now - if Silk Road doesn't want new members then someone buying an existing account is still a "new" member and that would defeat the entire reason for blocking new members.
Activity: 13
Well that doesn't seem to be the case Sad     I never did anything bannable.. just browsed a bit and messaged a few sellers. When I try to log in I get a blank page and a captcha that just refreshes the page when I type in my account info...

Try messing around with cookie settings in your TOR browser.  Sounds like cookies being denied.
I first heard of silkroad when the site was down.
When I checked again today it was back, spent a couple of hours getting TOR to work with my firewall and now found out there's no obvious way to make an account.
Could anyone pm me and point me in the right direction?  Wink

Iceman, I am in the same boat you are.  If you figure it out, please let me know as I need to figure out how/where to register.   I'm all set with my Tor connection.

thx

-WN
Activity: 11
I still have an account to get rid of if anyone's interested.
Pages:
Jump to: