Pages:
Author

Topic: Singapore - page 43. (Read 736132 times)

Activity: 232
Merit: 100
June 13, 2013, 01:50:54 AM
It takes time and a lot of patience to convince anyone to adopt Bitcoin especially if they are not technically savvy and do not know the history of Bitcoin and its struggle.  Still a lot of efforts is needed to educate the Singapore society, we are just in the beginning stage.

To gain mass adoption, more people need to have access to Bitcoin.    Those reddit bitcoin tipbot is a good start.   Perhaps, we can encourage local forums such as hardwarezone, vr-zone, and some of those political/current affairs site to adopt a tipping culture with crypto-currency instead of the usual "Like" or "+1"

Activity: 202
June 13, 2013, 01:47:58 AM
Double edged sword man. On one hand, obscurity means the government won't do much to regulate it coz honestly not worth their time, but also harder for us to find places to use. On the other hand, it being well known and well used in public means the government will take interest and move in to put control measures. Quite hard to have one and not the other.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 13, 2013, 01:35:46 AM
Lol... Later MAS have a secret ASIC farm, we never know...
Ya educate but being the realist sgreans are its close to impossible, unless like I say there is government endorsement if not no matter the eduction it will not be a wide spread thing. Honestly I rather bitcoin not become so public and wide spread it will be ruined both technically and financially but then again if it doesn't then what good is it?
The dilemma...
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
June 13, 2013, 01:22:53 AM
It takes time and a lot of patience to convince anyone to adopt Bitcoin especially if they are not technically savvy and do not know the history of Bitcoin and its struggle.  Still a lot of efforts is needed to educate the Singapore society, we are just in the beginning stage.
June 13, 2013, 01:20:45 AM
I can do FPGA but the problem we don't have such a big demand here.
SG being SG unless its some how endorsed by some government if not people will think this is some kind of play money. Just like linux.
And like mention before that will be close to impossible because it will undermine MAS

Well, if we *over* mine Bitcoins then of course will *under* mine MAS mah Tongue

Jokes aside though, when I told my girlfriend about Bitcoins, she also thought it was just virtual money with no real worth. But after much convincing and showing her articles and links to shops accepting Bitcoins, I think she's opened up to the idea a little bit more. Still, the larger group of my friends are still not really getting into or understanding what Bitcoin is.
June 13, 2013, 01:08:45 AM
SG being SG unless its some how endorsed by some government if not people will think this is some kind of play money. Just like linux.
And like mention before that will be close to impossible because it will undermine MAS
June 12, 2013, 10:11:38 PM
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
June 12, 2013, 10:08:26 PM
 Cheesy still haven't decided whether to sell or not but might let go if i find a serious buyer, currently i see mostly demand coming from european buyers...

i have the same concerns regarding ROI but that's true if you're in it for short run and bitcoins lose their value... however i'm a long run optimist so i intend to look at bitcoins as a long term investment so i just hope whatever i get to mine now or get from selling my blades will end up a decent ROI in the long run and that's as far as bitcoins are concerned.. if you look at a bigger picture: there are still alt currencies like freicoin, terracoins and ppc to diversify, by then difficulty for those currencies will still be manageable so i hope my blades will still remain useful till then unless they die on me...  Grin personally i think the only reason those coins don't trade so well is because silkroad and exchanges haven't adopted them so there're still exciting possibilities in the next 2-3 years... i find freicoin attractive due its demurrage fee concept, you should check it out... ppc has good community that promotes its currency... eventually i think the winning currency will be the type that allows faster block confirmations for faster transactions, require less energy consumption, tend to be more secure to attacks and that can bypass regulations much like torrent that encrypts your transmission... even though bitcoin enjoys early adoption there's always a chance for an alternative currency to become a viable choice on the same level... if you notice we reached a stage where all it takes is a good startup company with access to top notch semiconductor facility since hardware and software research part are already taken care of due to open source... reminds me early days of Linux when it was just released and was ridiculed back in the days, look at it now...

bclc, you tempting me ah!
But alas, dont know how the ROI will be like after 3 months even if start mining now.
June 12, 2013, 12:03:39 PM
I got those 300MH ones coming in.  But I paid quite a lot for them.
If you want one or 2 to play, we can neg price.  But I reckon you might still buy it cheaper on the forums here since BTC dropped.
Anyways, anyone got lobang to explore www.asicme.com?
It is based in China and I might be able to get some girlfriends there to do local pickup.

Looks shady they posted in the custom hardware forums and retracted the OP... So unless really go down in person if not don't even try. Link to thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-avalon-miner-will-come-soon-232252
Anyway they are depending on Avalon chips... So its another waiting game
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
June 12, 2013, 11:36:28 AM
bclc, you tempting me ah!
But alas, dont know how the ROI will be like after 3 months even if start mining now.
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
June 12, 2013, 11:34:14 AM
I got those 300MH ones coming in.  But I paid quite a lot for them.
If you want one or 2 to play, we can neg price.  But I reckon you might still buy it cheaper on the forums here since BTC dropped.
Anyways, anyone got lobang to explore www.asicme.com?
It is based in China and I might be able to get some girlfriends there to do local pickup.
June 12, 2013, 09:28:27 AM
Ohhhh those 10gh/s ones. Haha thought it was the USB one, got the name mixed up and all.
June 12, 2013, 07:51:42 AM
BTW I don't mean as an insult to the Eskimos Smiley
June 12, 2013, 07:46:03 AM
By the time the official media report on the advantages of Bitcoin, I guess even the Eskimos will be using them already Sad

Ya that's SG! Sad but true
June 12, 2013, 07:45:10 AM
let me know if you consider buying ASICminer blades... i have 2 of those from last 2 auctions... willing to sell if the price is right.. definitely cheaper than retail of 49.99...  Grin

I am quite wary about pre-order, will they ship in the first place and even if they ship, how long will it take, given that Bitcoin difficulty is increasing exponentially.
That is why I only thought of ASIC miner was thinking of throwing down 50k to get 10 blades Lol... Anybody want to share share

Those are the ones that does 300MH/s right? Haha I might be interested in getting them from you just to play around.

Beng arh, its the 10-13gh/s blades not the usb
June 12, 2013, 06:46:42 AM
By the time the official media report on the advantages of Bitcoin, I guess even the Eskimos will be using them already Sad
June 12, 2013, 06:46:18 AM
let me know if you consider buying ASICminer blades... i have 2 of those from last 2 auctions... willing to sell if the price is right.. definitely cheaper than retail of 49.99...  Grin

I am quite wary about pre-order, will they ship in the first place and even if they ship, how long will it take, given that Bitcoin difficulty is increasing exponentially.
That is why I only thought of ASIC miner was thinking of throwing down 50k to get 10 blades Lol... Anybody want to share share

Those are the ones that does 300MH/s right? Haha I might be interested in getting them from you just to play around.
June 12, 2013, 06:44:14 AM
Honestly what can we expect from our country's media? I can't even bothered to read any newspaper published its either some passé or have been vetted thru...
June 12, 2013, 04:38:34 AM
good to hear from you guys, another bitcoiner from Singapore...  Grin

ninjaboon, here you go...

http://business.asiaone.com/news/the-flip-side-bitcoins

Not really good news for Bitcoin, the coverage is quite negatively associated with Liberty Reserve.
June 12, 2013, 04:21:45 AM

Woo... Will PM you when I decide, good to know there are 2 in SG
Pages:
Jump to: