Pages:
Author

Topic: Singapore - page 44. (Read 735997 times)

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
June 12, 2013, 04:03:45 AM
let me know if you consider buying ASICminer blades... i have 2 of those from last 2 auctions... willing to sell if the price is right.. definitely cheaper than retail of 49.99...  Grin

I am quite wary about pre-order, will they ship in the first place and even if they ship, how long will it take, given that Bitcoin difficulty is increasing exponentially.
That is why I only thought of ASIC miner was thinking of throwing down 50k to get 10 blades Lol... Anybody want to share share
Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
June 12, 2013, 04:02:10 AM
good to hear from you guys, another bitcoiner from Singapore...  Grin

ninjaboon, here you go...

http://business.asiaone.com/news/the-flip-side-bitcoins
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 11, 2013, 10:47:53 AM
Ya... Was thinking about it seems more sensible...
As for ASIC only can wait and see

At this point, ASIC machine that you can buy are overpriced -- case in point ASICminer.    Those that you can't buy and need to pre-order one, are decently price, but you don't really know when they will finally play nice and ship your product.

Ya that's why I'm saying only can wait and see... Anyway anybody here doing their own business, I have lobang to make mining hardware almost free but there is some risk. I myself may try it out first and see the outcome will update again. PM if interested
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
June 11, 2013, 10:04:16 AM
There is an article in today's Straits Times on Bitcoin under the Money section.

why not scan it and post here?
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
June 11, 2013, 09:45:11 AM

At this point, ASIC machine that you can buy are overpriced -- case in point ASICminer.    Those that you can't buy and need to pre-order one, are decently price, but you don't really know when they will finally play nice and ship your product.
June 11, 2013, 09:30:53 AM
Activity: 232
June 11, 2013, 09:20:42 AM
I am quite wary about pre-order, will they ship in the first place and even if they ship, how long will it take, given that Bitcoin difficulty is increasing exponentially.
That is why I only thought of ASIC miner was thinking of throwing down 50k to get 10 blades Lol... Anybody want to share share

Hmm, don't do it.   You can't earn back your hardware cost from the way that price the item.

If you think 50BTC will be appreciate in value in the future, just go ahead and buy the BTC today.
Activity: 202
June 11, 2013, 06:04:13 AM

But the network hashrate of LTC is much higher than that of FTC right? Wouldn't it be much harder to 51% LTC then?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
June 11, 2013, 05:06:41 AM
I think better be careful with Litecoin, Bitcoinexpress has already warned.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=230936.0;topicseen

Honestly, I would like him to be correct, just because it would be so interesting to watch, and see what the effects would be. But it's extraordinarily unlikely to happen, the costs to 51% would be insanely high, even if someone developed a scrypt FPGA, or even asic. The benefits would also be questionable, put it this way, if someone had the technology ready, they could become the ASICminer of litecoins, the returns would be much higher than 51%-ing the network. Of course, some people just like to watch the world burn.

I hope not, it isn't easy for Litecoin to grow to this stage, an attack would be devastating
Activity: 154
June 11, 2013, 04:08:04 AM

Honestly, I would like him to be correct, just because it would be so interesting to watch, and see what the effects would be. But it's extraordinarily unlikely to happen, the costs to 51% would be insanely high, even if someone developed a scrypt FPGA, or even asic. The benefits would also be questionable, put it this way, if someone had the technology ready, they could become the ASICminer of litecoins, the returns would be much higher than 51%-ing the network. Of course, some people just like to watch the world burn.
June 10, 2013, 11:41:07 AM
Yeah, read about the attacks on FTC. But isn't LTC network hashrate high enough to mitigate such attacks?

Search Bitcoinexpress, I won't take the risk when he appears Smiley
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
June 10, 2013, 11:34:33 AM
Continue mine BTC.
If people start aiming their miners at LTC pools, and LTC survives.  People may dump the coins for cheap.  Good buy!
If LTC dies, then no loss.  You still have BTC.
June 10, 2013, 10:31:50 AM
Yeah, read about the attacks on FTC. But isn't LTC network hashrate high enough to mitigate such attacks?
June 10, 2013, 10:13:45 AM

June 10, 2013, 09:08:49 AM

Come come, join me and mine litecoins instead haha Tongue
June 10, 2013, 08:35:46 AM
June 10, 2013, 08:21:44 AM
June 10, 2013, 08:14:20 AM
Why not we band together as a Singapore team, find a place where there is fixed cost in addition esp electricity and buy some ASICs to start mining?  Anyone interested?
+1 but looking at it the options are very limited...
ASICminer - blades or USB the only ones delivering but high cost
BFL- still unknown delivered or not and if we order when will it reach?
Avalon-  is another waiting game
KNC- unproven
Bitfury- unproven

So if you want to do it quick and don't mind a big hole in the pocket only ASICminers blade 1pcs with current BTC rate is 5,000usd and then there is another thing we need to find hosting  Embarrassed in Singapore

i have a few pre-orders for BFL SC 50GHz. IF it ever ships i don't mind sharing 1 - will keep you guys updated.

When did you order? Then can roughly estimate when it will be in production and delivered
KSV
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING
June 10, 2013, 03:38:32 AM
wow good to see sg has so many btc enthusiasts. . .

dont forget to support our own exchange guys!!

noticed that you are a BTC Foundation member like me. Nice.

Same here I am also a Bitcoin Foundation Lifetime member.  Cheers Smiley

all members should change the pic to the badge Wink but have to be careful what we post.
Pages:
Jump to: