Pages:
Author

Topic: Sixth alt coin thread I forgot to mod last thread. - page 8. (Read 80154 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Phil do you know if SMOS can run on 16gb usb or does it need something bigger ?

I had a couple running off 16 no problem.
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
Phil do you know if SMOS can run on 16gb usb or does it need something bigger ?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Yeah I  fucked up going back. 

Since they claim new mining will be paid at the 0.1 threshold  I will push to that number.  Once the one account clears 0.1  I am done.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
yeah im not suprised, fool me once you cant get fooled again

no way i was mining with them on credit , gimme my $$ first
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
I think the strategy is to get people to mine at nicehash again, and keep the fees coming in.  They can maybeeeeeee pay people back but I wouldnt hold my breath.  I had a small number of rigs there and I didnt really withdraw dilligently...so I have 0.09btc at nicehash.  I ain't touching nicehash, or recommending them, or anything until they pay me back.  Fool me once... 
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
I'm glad I decided to wait a week to see if Nicehash managed the Friday payouts properly. I was hoping to point a few old personal GPUs at Cryptonight and have a family member get back on Nicehash with their rigs but as it is I think I'll just wait and see what happens after Jan. 31'st...

yeah  I feel fucked by them.. For a second time around.

I went back as a show of support and I am stuck  quite a bit extra.

I now rolled every miner into this address. 30000 plus sols.

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

and should do the 0.10 threshold on  Dec. 31 - Jan. 1

If I don't  get paid .

I am done with them.

Good luck man, hope you guys get paid in Jan.
legendary
I'm glad I decided to wait a week to see if Nicehash managed the Friday payouts properly. I was hoping to point a few old personal GPUs at Cryptonight and have a family member get back on Nicehash with their rigs but as it is I think I'll just wait and see what happens after Jan. 31'st...

yeah  I feel fucked by them.. For a second time around.

I went back as a show of support and I am stuck  quite a bit extra.

I now rolled every miner into this address. 30000 plus sols.

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr

and should do the 0.10 threshold on  Dec. 31 - Jan. 1

If I don't  get paid .

I am done with them.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Activity: 284
Merit: 102
Can someone possibly clarify for me, how the switch in claymore "-cvddc" compares to MSI Afterburner ?

I was thinking/hoping that the -cvddc  switch controlled the same settings that the highlighted section in Afterburner does, but it doesnt seem to be the case.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/bpMCXvJ.png

My goal here is to be able to do some undervolting from the command line.  If anyone has any idea how to handle that I would greatly appreciate it!

This is for my three AMD rigs - my NVIDIA Rigs I use SMOS where undervolting is a sinch.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
And imo on the hack it’s like this
If you lock your door and someone breaks in is it the door lock company fault the contractor that build the house?
Who would you blame? Yourself for letting someone break in? Like nicehash let someone hack them?

where would you rather have your house (wallet)? in a high crime area (the internet) or a low crime area (your pc)?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Let's see what happens with Nicehieeeeshhh.
I'm sending my hash their way on my AMD rigs as they're paying a lot for Cryptonight as already mentioned above. So far using external wallet because it was easier just to set it up that way but nothing's set in stone.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
What I don’t understand is why have an external wallet?

Internal wallet has less fees plus you transfer money sooner

Also no matter it be internal or external they have the btc till the wallet meets the payout

So either way a hack means it’s all gone

Not trying to ster the pot
I honestly don’t understand why

And imo any pool can get hacked any exchange can get hacked
It’s honestly just a matter if/when someone wants to take it

And imo on the hack it’s like this
If you lock your door and someone breaks in is it the door lock company fault the contractor that build the house?
Who would you blame? Yourself for letting someone break in? Like nicehash let someone hack them?
legendary
Yea man, your absolutely right about that.
Here we're talking about nicehash leaving people to mine in external wallets until 0.01 payout and without prior notice, they say "we don't give a fuck about guys with external wallets, let's make them keep in internal wallets so we get hacked again and everybody looses" and moves the payout from 0.01 to 0.1 which is waaaay to much for most miners. Think that on nicehash are a lot of people which are mining casual, with 2-3 gpus that wait maybe more than a month for a payout... Maybe try to 0.02 or 0.05, no judge it's just my opinion.
And looking at people's comments over their news, they are complaining having more than 0.01 btc in their wallets for 3-4 days ago and still no payout was done..

I'm not a pro or a con to nicehash. I've been mining a lot with them, but I think they should focus on getting the money back and try to pay in altcoins, not to play with minimum payouts and coinbase stuff...
Wouldn't you be happy to be paid more frequently in altcoins? That's the case why most of nicehash user jumped to MPH.

well  here goes nothing  about nicehash.

the have 0.075 btc from the theft  across 3 addresses.

I went back to support them

then now have 0.036

0.01051190 new coin -------- 0.0091180 stolen coin   account 1
0.01716338 new coin -------- 0.0265830 stolen coin   account 2
0.03894981 new coin -------- 0.0366845 stolen coin   account 3

0.06662338 new coin ---------0.0723855 stolen coin   all account      so I am over .138 coins

I combined all accounts  today  to make  the largest one grow to 0.1 fast

not good

the 0.07238  is not coming and on the hook for 0.06662 more.

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Yea man, your absolutely right about that.
Here we're talking about nicehash leaving people to mine in external wallets until 0.01 payout and without prior notice, they say "we don't give a fuck about guys with external wallets, let's make them keep in internal wallets so we get hacked again and everybody looses" and moves the payout from 0.01 to 0.1 which is waaaay to much for most miners. Think that on nicehash are a lot of people which are mining casual, with 2-3 gpus that wait maybe more than a month for a payout... Maybe try to 0.02 or 0.05, no judge it's just my opinion.
And looking at people's comments over their news, they are complaining having more than 0.01 btc in their wallets for 3-4 days ago and still no payout was done..

I'm not a pro or a con to nicehash. I've been mining a lot with them, but I think they should focus on getting the money back and try to pay in altcoins, not to play with minimum payouts and coinbase stuff...
Wouldn't you be happy to be paid more frequently in altcoins? That's the case why most of nicehash user jumped to MPH.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Seasonic is cheaper, so why buy Corsair?

No availability on the X-850 or SS-860 any more, since Seasonic moved to junk Focus and Prime models (WHY OH WHY DID THEY MOVE TO A JUNK FANCY-NAME SLEEVE BEARING FAN IN THOSE?Huh?).

If I could still FIND X-850 (or even the SS-860) at anything less then RIPOFF pricing when available at all, I'd be sticking with them.

As far as Nicehash suspending payments on low-balance Bitcoin for now - have you looked at TRANSACTION FEES THIS MONTH?
 There would be cases where the TRANSACTION FEE would *LITERALLY* be equal to 14% of the balance being transfered right now.

That is based on a transaction I made today that cost me .00145 for the FEE via Electrum on a "within 25 blocks" setting - anything lower was getting "low fee" warning that usually amounts to "it might go through in a week, it might take a month".
 That is also a bit of a DROP from shortly before Christmas, when it was taking almost DOUBLE that fee to get a transaction to not get the "low fee" warning and even WITH that crazy-high of a fee NewEgg/BitPay STILL had issues with the payment.

If they're still "holding" the smaller transactions next week, iffy.
 If they're still "holding" them by mid-January, THEN it's time to start thinking "scam".

Activity: 48
Merit: 1
The only reason I'm back on NH is because they are paying really well for Cryptonight hash from my Vegas. Nvidia cards are sticking to ZEN.

Just out of curiosity, have any of those payments been moved to a wallet that you control?

Unfortunately not, it will take me another 4-5 days to hit the 0.0105 minimum withdrawal. Hopefully they won't 'lose' that BTC before then Grin
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
The only reason I'm back on NH is because they are paying really well for Cryptonight hash from my Vegas. Nvidia cards are sticking to ZEN.

Just out of curiosity, have any of those payments been moved to a wallet that you control?
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
Nicehash upping that game with coinbase
https://www.nicehash.com/news/227

They also suspended miner payouts for anything less than 0.1 BTC as the weekly payout date approached. Color me skeptical. I will believe it when it actually happens.
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
Activity: 131
Merit: 10
Hope they will die again and forever. They are scamming people. 0.1 is enormous for small miners and they did not notice in advance, or paying out now so people could move away from them.
I'm pretty sure they will not pay nothing on 31 January, it's just a game so they get more money and run away. I cannot belive how people are still trusting them after all of this... but then again, is just my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: