Pages:
Author

Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company - page 42. (Read 104236 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I am wondering where the asks for the unsold shares have gone...
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
Dividend payment is now functional, you can now use it to pay dividends to your shareholders.

bmc.py pay ASSET AMOUNT

Asset for you should be SIN, and the amount is the total amount, it will be taken from your account split across all shares (that you don't own) and paid to the shareholders.

Any problems just pm me.

Also the web interface should be available by June 6th.

Nefario.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
Update: Four machines are currently up and running.  The fifth rig is not currently running due to the aforementioned DOA PSU.  The replacement part has been ordered.  The next round of rigs are scheduled to be ordered within the next few days.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'll try to be more clear. If Tawsix has to spend an hour every day responding to useless questions, he can't spend those hours on setting up and optimizing bitcoin generation of mining rigs or on any other task that is expected to generate more income. First round of fundraising is already done.

And people like you is why he is still posting, there is always someone on the block investing into a get rich quick "bad investment/scam".
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
I'll try to be more clear. If Tawsix has to spend an hour every day responding to useless questions, he can't spend those hours on setting up and optimizing bitcoin generation of mining rigs or on any other task that is expected to generate more income. First round of fundraising is already done.
If he can convince 5 people to buy a single share by communicating more openly, he would more than double the income from mining so far.

Until all shares are sold I think he should also set aside this one hour/day on giving updates etc.

Seriously, a miner is set up (once you plugged the hardware together) as fast as it takes to clone the linux distribution on a USB stick... Roll Eyes
kgo
Activity: 548
Merit: 500
I notice that some people are really micro managing Tawsix. Early on, I asked for name and address and Tawsix didn't want to tell, which is fine. Investors shouldn't have invested if they weren't okay with that. If Tawsix wanted to scam people, he would obviously be long gone by now (under that identity at least), so why still all the mistrust?

Each time you ask Tawsix unneeded questions, you are the one loosing money if you are an investor because it takes time to read and respond and that time could be spent on creating value instead.

How much value could he have created while he was waiting for mining rigs to show up?

I'm not in the 'he's definitely a scammer' camp, but when you ask for 3750 BTC from strangers (about $22,500 at the time he asked) maybe you can find the time to spend 15-30 minutes a day answering emails.  It was complete lack of transparency that caused me to sell off my shares when the price went to 1.  If there had been transparency, I would have bought more when the price went to 1.

Instead lack of communication presents a vibe, perhaps unintentional, that's either "Shut up, I've already got your money!" (on the positive side) or "Scammer" (on the more negative side).  And I think that translates to the fact that there are significantly more asks for SIN than all other GLBSE offerings put together, which should be a warning sign to the CEO.
legendary
Each time you ask Tawsix unneeded questions, you are the one loosing money if you are an investor because it takes time to read and respond and that time could be spent on creating value instead.

The by far biggest (and most needed) value currently comes from selling shares, so to create more value he would need to sell more shares.
He has NOT been selling shares for some time now, but every time he gave good news or some updates some shares were sold.
The more he communicates, the more money the company gets, the more rigs he can buy, the more value is created for shareholders etc.

I hope you get the point.

I wonder how he should be at the moment "creating value" other than doing fundraising.
I notice that some people are really micro managing Tawsix. Early on, I asked for name and address and Tawsix didn't want to tell, which is fine. Investors shouldn't have invested if they weren't okay with that. If Tawsix wanted to scam people, he would obviously be long gone by now (under that identity at least), so why still all the mistrust?

After the unsold share price increased to 1.00000000 a bunch of asks at .99999999 popped up (people looking for quick profit). At that point Scamming became more trouble than it was worth for Tawsix.

He would have disappeared shortly after or before that point if he was scamming.
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
Unselfish actions pay back better

Btw. is it just me or is GLBSE down for quite some time now?!

Didn't he announce that it would be down for a full day or so?

Cheers,
legendary
Btw. is it just me or is GLBSE down for quite some time now?!
Well, currently 466 shares have been sold.

Out of these, 161 are for sale for less than 1 BTC, 8 even for 70 Bitcents (meaning this investor looses 40 Bitcents).

Interestingly Tawsix got lucky and even solved a block (in the pool though...)

Currently he mined 1.55787272 BTC, meaning he "owns" one of his own shares now (only 3999 to go!!!11) and each share would get a whopping 0.00038947 satoshis as dividend!
Yep out of 4000 shares, 3600 are listed still for sale. I guess one way the cash-out-now people could profit is by having the price of the capital raising block increase in price to 1.25btc - that motion was voted against though.

4999 shares were originally put up for sale, Tawsix kept 5001 to himself.
Read the first post.
legendary
You can only cash out if someone else buys it for that price - there are still 8 shares for sale for less than the initial 75 Bitcent!

If people were willing to pay 1.25 BTC they could buy it for far less currently. It seems however that they are either afraid or want to wait for further info from Tawsix until they invest.
Activity: 84
Yep out of 4000 shares, 3600 are listed still for sale. I guess one way the cash-out-now people could profit is by having the price of the capital raising block increase in price to 1.25btc - that motion was voted against though.
legendary
Well, currently 466 shares have been sold. (Edit: Sorry, that should have been 1465!)

Out of these, 161 are for sale for less than 1 BTC, 8 even for 70 Bitcents (meaning this investor looses 40 Bitcents).

Interestingly Tawsix got lucky and even solved a block (in the pool though...)

Currently he mined 1.55787272 BTC, meaning he "owns" one of his own shares now (only 3999 to go!!!11) (Edit: 5000 to go!!!11) and each share would get a whopping 0.00038947 satoshis as dividend! (Edit: less...)
Can't agree with this more. Very very easy to get scammed. Do the numbers people, make your background checks ppl!

The thing about this particular project and it's open trading on GLBSE has been that tawsix says nothing.... the negativity creeps in and the ASK price drops. Tawsix posts something then the GLBSE price rises. Just riding those swings I've made back more than my original investment (yes, that btc is banked) and have a little parcel of effectively free (yeah I know, opportunity cost) shares in SIN just in case it pays off. GLBSE is a peculiar place - allows open trading while a capital raising share float is in progress.

I'm sure some people are investing just because of the Greater Fool concept... I think most of them cashed out @ the increase to 1.00 per share though.
True, but this community wrath will fall on someone who could get lots of money and is free to go and create a new identity, rinse and repeat.

But you cannot be more right about value of reputation. It is bitcoin's version of a brand. This is why I am so surprised by investors optimism on some projects. Particularly given that investments are in bitcoins. Could have just held bitcoins.
Can't agree with this more. Very very easy to get scammed. Do the numbers people, make your background checks ppl!

The thing about this particular project and it's open trading on GLBSE has been that tawsix says nothing.... the negativity creeps in and the ASK price drops. Tawsix posts something then the GLBSE price rises. Just riding those swings I've made back more than my original investment (yes, that btc is banked) and have a little parcel of effectively free (yeah I know, opportunity cost) shares in SIN just in case it pays off. GLBSE is a peculiar place - allows open trading while a capital raising share float is in progress.
stop assuming that i have no numbers to compare to.
given that he claims to have 5 rigs with 5300mh/s, the sample size is sufficient to say that its simply can not be the truth. i have about half of his claimed 5.2gh myself on btcmine myself right now and can say that i have gotten over three times as much as he did in the timeframe his rigs are supposed to be mining.
it can be with great certainity be said that given the numbers btcmine puts out the current hashrate of this total of 4900$ rigs are producing less than 1gh, yet there has been zero communication why the investors money is not being put to work to produce the return of investment.

edit: it can actually be derived from the api that the miner currently active produces over 10% less than the advertised rate: ""hashrate": "959.21""
apparently the OP was using inflated hashrate numbers for triple 5850 that are hard to realize without ample experience, may i enquire what the specific issue is?
Yep Tawsix was saying only one rig was running and the BTCMine feed backed that up. I never believed his advertised rates - always take things like that with a grain of salt and do my own numbers Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
The low output is due to there only being one rig operating right now.  We've had at least one PSU arrive DOA, and possibly a motherboard.  Currently I'm switching around parts to rule out which ones are DOA.  We'll be getting more rigs up in the next few days, and once replacement parts come, reach full capacity.  We're looking at ordering the next round of rigs in the next few days once the current rigs are up and running.  I'll keep updates coming as more rigs get up and running.  Then I'll begin optimizing the current rigs by overclocking and testing different mining software and parameters.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
Only assumption made...
Is that investing in a deflationary currency...
Is generally a pretty bad idea...
You can't really argue that...

Oh, yes I can.

There are pretty much not one...
Scenario where investing in a mining company...
Can come out ahead...
Of just buying the coins...

I can think of many, off the top of my head.

I know that the thought of free money...
Can be pretty sweet to all of you...
But do the numbers...
And you can see...
How this is never gonna make any....

A poet without a rhyme.
Activity: 465
Merit: 254
Only assumption made...
Is that investing in a deflationary currency...
Is generally a pretty bad idea...
You can't really argue that...

There are pretty much not one...
Scenario where investing in a mining company...
Can come out ahead...
Of just buying the coins...

I know that the thought of free money...
Can be pretty sweet to all of you...
But do the numbers...
And you can see...
How this is never gonna make any....

Pages:
Jump to: