Pages:
Author

Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company - page 40. (Read 104236 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
As a shareholder I would like to make money... But I haven't yet made any graphs to compare different investment-scenarios. I would like you to at least compensate the rise of difficulty, but if it eats all the profit that just won't be any good... For now I would say invest as much as you can.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
http://shrp.me/sin/

This was the most interesting information to me right now, but expect more.

Thank you very much, we really appreciate your work on that!  I will put the hotlink of the graph in the OP.

Sukrim: I do like your idea of running two miners per GPU on different pools.  I will implement that after I review candidate pools.

vess: Plans for dividends are currently monthly (when expenses have been deducted from gross production) but I am in contact with Nefario concerning daily automated dividend payouts that would take into account an estimate of expenses (conservative estimates, of course) and then at the end of the month the difference would be paid out in a lump once real expenses have been taken into account.

What I think we should discuss now is how much of production should be used for growth.  I personally think that the maximum number of rigs should be bought per week with production and the rest should be set aside for dividends (or paid out if a weekly dividend schedule is used.)  As far as a percentage, remember that half of total dividends paid out will be going back into the company from me paying off my shares, so that will be taken into account when determining how many rigs could be bought.  

Any thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
as i just wrote the last 2 posts the asks @.749 have decreased to 18 shares.  someone is BUYING.

sorry i mispoke, there are only 8 shares left @ .749
legendary
as i just wrote the last 2 posts the asks @.749 have decreased to 18 shares.  someone is BUYING.
legendary
Nefario: The intention on my end was not to game the market, it was to give the initial investors a reward for their early trust.  I say that I got gamed because some people bought into the shares once the announcement that the value of the shares would be increased for the sole purpose of undercutting the IPO once it was repriced.  I agree that dividend payment will renew interest in the shares, and that is currently the goal to reach after bringing the total capacity of the company online.

vess: I can not take the IPO down, it will be the main source of income until many more rigs are brought on line.  The purpose of the shares sold was to raise funds, not create a market for shareholders.  The intention was that shareholders were in it for the long run, making an investment, not that they would see immediate liquidity in their stocks.  Once dividends begin being paid, which will occur when everything is settled in, the IPO will begin selling again.

As far as the new rigs arriving: they are currently scheduled to arrive on Monday.  This weekend I will be unlocking all of the GPU's I currently have so that they can be overclocked higher once the rigs arrive.

What I meant was that you couldn't tell the market what to do, essentially when a market is free you can't beat it, so try to harness it.

Also you really will have to pay dividends before selling more shares, simply no one will buy anymore until you do. That's the market. It's not going to wait because it doesn't have to. And it shouldn't, you should already be mining, and getting ready to pay dividends in a day or two. Look at DISHWARA, he's already paid his first dividend and is on track for another, and he's in India, your in the states, you should be paying dividends already.

This isn't China, shareholders are king here.

as someone who doesn't need to see a dividend right now, i respectfully disagree.  again, he can raise share price just by continuing to work and bringing his ordered rigs online.  we see it happening right now, evidence being the 125 shares offered at .749 btc having been bought down to 42 shares remaining.  if he more than doubles his hashing output as it looks like he is on the verge of doing, the remaining IPO shares could disappear quite quickly.
legendary
Tawsix,

The only real ways to reward your shareholders are with dividends, and by increasing both the value of the corporation and the market value of the company.

In this case, they would go together nicely; dividends would increase the market value.

What are your plans for dividending? I would recommend a schedule; this will create some market gyrations around dividend time, but it will also provide the kind of information current shareholders, the ones who funded the business, eagerly desire.

As a pre-emptive response inre: generating more capital, I think you'll generate far more capital by engaging politely and following through on my suggestions than just holding the generated BTC.

he doesn't have to listen to you b/c this is not the only way he can reward shareholders.  he can continue to bring his ordered rigs online as he has planned which will start increasing production of the company and increase share value as well.  the asks @ .749 btc are almost eaten up now 2/3 being sold (the guy started at 125 shares, now down to 42).  it looks to me like they'll be cleared out relatively soon and then Tawsix can finish off the the IPO.  i assume you bought your shares @.75 having full knowledge of his plans to issue 5000 so we investors @.75 have nothing to complain about.

my only suggestion to Tawsix at this pt is to at least make a daily post and continue to build production.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
http://shrp.me/sin/

This was the most interesting information to me right now, but expect more.
Awesome, thanks! Smiley

A small request though - please change the date/time on the graphs to UTC.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Tawsix,

The only real ways to reward your shareholders are with dividends, and by increasing both the value of the corporation and the market value of the company.

In this case, they would go together nicely; dividends would increase the market value.

What are your plans for dividending? I would recommend a schedule; this will create some market gyrations around dividend time, but it will also provide the kind of information current shareholders, the ones who funded the business, eagerly desire.

As a pre-emptive response inre: generating more capital, I think you'll generate far more capital by engaging politely and following through on my suggestions than just holding the generated BTC.

Activity: 64
Merit: 1
I'm now a shareholder and will be looking forward to follow this thread and our company's activites Cool
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Sharp's handy graph, hotlinked here:

Le edit:
Quote from: sharp
Hey there! I have put 1 hour and 28 minutes of my life into this page. If you appreciate it at all consider tipping. Thanks.

1QBJzkYVz2c8K1fvCAsKn2gpqjV2uXPgv1
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I'd be willing to get on logging/graphing the data as soon as it becomes available, as well as aggregating multiple data sources should SkepsiDyne decide to take your advice (which I agree with.)

Here ya go.

Here is the full list of the APIs. Assuming that this is his account, we can use his to see whether or not the miners are running and how much BTC they are making.

Stats of Pool
http://btcmine.com/api/getpoolstats/020d055f94131c4b29baeca9915c7e04917bb18e/

Stats of Balance
http://btcmine.com/api/getbalance/020d055f94131c4b29baeca9915c7e04917bb18e/

Stats of User
http://btcmine.com/api/getstats/020d055f94131c4b29baeca9915c7e04917bb18e/

Stats of User's Miners
http://btcmine.com/api/getminerstats/020d055f94131c4b29baeca9915c7e04917bb18e/
Activity: 27
I'd be willing to get on logging/graphing the data as soon as it becomes available, as well as aggregating multiple data sources should SkepsiDyne decide to take your advice (which I agree with.)

Not sure if it's what you need, but here's data for the SkepsiDyne rigs that are already active:
http://btcmine.com/api/getstats/020d055f94131c4b29baeca9915c7e04917bb18e/
http://btcmine.com/api/getminerstats/020d055f94131c4b29baeca9915c7e04917bb18e/
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
What might be interesting as well (someone from the shareholders up for this?) would be taking the API data and drawing a few nice graphs (like hashrate, BTC generated...) for potential investors to gaze upon and show that this is not a scam.

Also it might be useful for Tawsix to take some advice from us. For example it would be VERY wise in my opinion to run 2 miners on each GPU core - 1 at Eligius and a second one at another 0% fee pool like btcmine. Should one of these 2 go down, the full hashing capacity would failover to the other pool. As payouts at Eligius are automatic and not even signup is required, there is nearly 0 time investment needed other than writing maybe a few lines in an init-script and it would increase uptime for sure a lot, especially with the recent DDOS attacks all around.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
As a shareholder and an investor, I am more interested in the sale of the unsold shares and the funds acquired from said sales be used to set up more rigs.

If he wanted to, he could have started a vote and votes. He would have won regardless.

Hate to sound like I'm just being a hater, but actually I've been on the fence about re-investing.

If there would have been a vote, explaining why the price raise was a mistake, and how it should be lowered so the business can raise more capital, yeah, I think it probably would have passed.  But it would have also shown some respect to the shareholders.  It would have shown me that important decisions and problems would actually be discussed with the owners of the company, instead of just make arbitrarily.  That's what shareholders are, the owners of the company.  Even if they are greedy bastards who bought at 0.75 just so they could sell at 0.99999999.

Even better would have been a vote to yank all IPO shares, and release a finite amount, like say 250, with a specific goal, like say add 5 rigs.  (Not sure if the math works out there but you get the point.)  That way it would be reasonable to expect that in a few months the existing shares might actually trade at .8 or something like that.  And then another 250 could be released at .8 then.  That would make it easier for people to invest seriously, and actually treat their investment like a stock, rather than a loan or a bond.

I understand what you're trying to say, but Tawsix already said that he's wanting to sell the IPO shares as soon as possible. I would have liked to see a vote, but I don't consider him not issuing one a big deal.

All the shares up for sale is a pretty easy way to publicize the amount of unsold shares.

I don't think how Tawsix sells the share will affect the investor confidence, it will depend more on his ability to help the image and profitability of the company. Once the first dividends are handed out, expect a jump in confidence. Either that, or us passing superman3486 on BTCMine would.

The sale of the IPO shares is what I would like to see happen ASAP, I would not like to see Tawsix resort to selling below .75 to achieve this though.
kgo
Activity: 548
Merit: 500
As a shareholder and an investor, I am more interested in the sale of the unsold shares and the funds acquired from said sales be used to set up more rigs.

If he wanted to, he could have started a vote and votes. He would have won regardless.

Hate to sound like I'm just being a hater, but actually I've been on the fence about re-investing.

If there would have been a vote, explaining why the price raise was a mistake, and how it should be lowered so the business can raise more capital, yeah, I think it probably would have passed.  But it would have also shown some respect to the shareholders.  It would have shown me that important decisions and problems would actually be discussed with the owners of the company, instead of just make arbitrarily.  That's what shareholders are, the owners of the company.  Even if they are greedy bastards who bought at 0.75 just so they could sell at 0.99999999.

Even better would have been a vote to yank all IPO shares, and release a finite amount, like say 250, with a specific goal, like say add 5 rigs.  (Not sure if the math works out there but you get the point.)  That way it would be reasonable to expect that in a few months the existing shares might actually trade at .8 or something like that.  And then another 250 could be released at .8 then.  That would make it easier for people to invest seriously, and actually treat their investment like a stock, rather than a loan or a bond.
Activity: 9
I'm not saying the price per share should drop, but comparing it to the real price in $$$$. In which case the original investors have doubled their money.

I can't quite go with your logic.  I didn't invest.  By the same logic, I have doubled my money by not investing.  As long as the trade, and the reward/dividends are in BTC, the USD values are irrelevant, except when investors finally cash out.  And until they receive BTC in dividends, all they've done is incur risk with no reward.  In fact, since the value of the purchased equipment vs. BTC has decreased, without revenue generation occurring, I'd go so far as to say the existing shareholders have lost money.

OK, I'll quit being a Debbie Downer now.  I really would like to see this project succeed.  However, if things do fail hopefully the community will learn valuable lessons in trust and anonymity.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
I'm not saying the price per share should drop, but comparing it to the real price in $$$$. In which case the original investors have doubled their money.

If the expected return in BTC remains the same, then there should not be any drop in IPO price. Just that new shares sold at 0.75 are bringing in more money to the company to purchase equipment. And so less shares are needed to move production on faster.

Phil
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Using filharvey's logic the price of shares could drop lower than 0.75... hmmm I'm not so sure. I'm with nefario on this - show some progress by paying out a dividend. That'll get people interested again.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
Well one thing I see is that all shareholders have gained already. With each share being offered for 0.75 BTC, when the price was around $6 / BTC, and now with the price at $13-14, the cost of entry has more than doubled.

This also means that to get new machines online will also only cost half of the orginial cost at the moment. If the market continues to increase, I would expect to see the number of machines coming online a lot faster.

Phil
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
Nefario: The intention on my end was not to game the market, it was to give the initial investors a reward for their early trust.  I say that I got gamed because some people bought into the shares once the announcement that the value of the shares would be increased for the sole purpose of undercutting the IPO once it was repriced.  I agree that dividend payment will renew interest in the shares, and that is currently the goal to reach after bringing the total capacity of the company online.

vess: I can not take the IPO down, it will be the main source of income until many more rigs are brought on line.  The purpose of the shares sold was to raise funds, not create a market for shareholders.  The intention was that shareholders were in it for the long run, making an investment, not that they would see immediate liquidity in their stocks.  Once dividends begin being paid, which will occur when everything is settled in, the IPO will begin selling again.

As far as the new rigs arriving: they are currently scheduled to arrive on Monday.  This weekend I will be unlocking all of the GPU's I currently have so that they can be overclocked higher once the rigs arrive.

What I meant was that you couldn't tell the market what to do, essentially when a market is free you can't beat it, so try to harness it.

Also you really will have to pay dividends before selling more shares, simply no one will buy anymore until you do. That's the market. It's not going to wait because it doesn't have to. And it shouldn't, you should already be mining, and getting ready to pay dividends in a day or two. Look at DISHWARA, he's already paid his first dividend and is on track for another, and he's in India, your in the states, you should be paying dividends already.

This isn't China, shareholders are king here.
Pages:
Jump to: