Pages:
Author

Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family? - page 6. (Read 19909 times)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250
January 19, 2012, 06:37:02 PM
What am I doing wrong? It just moos at me all the time withou delay!

P.S.: Sorry, didnt skim through the whole thread to find if my was asked before
P.P.S.: Im using Firefox 9.0.1 in Windows 7
No Problem!
It´s quite simple:
It moos always if price is climbing.
If you choose as alarm for example the column "last" and you have as last Price for example 6.1698 (at the Moment).
Then you should enter in the top-field in column "last" a value which is higher than 6.1698 for example 6.5.
It could be that it needs some seconds to reset during entering the value. Wait until the green LED at the Bottom flashes again and then it should be finally resettet.
Next time it will moo when the "last" price of Bitcoin at Mt.Gox will go to 6.5 (OR EVEN HIGHER!).

Same for the "bears":
If you enter a LOWER price in the last-column-field "low" then the you hear the bear if the price falls to this price (OR EVEN LOWER).
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
January 19, 2012, 03:29:54 PM
What am I doing wrong? It just moos at me all the time withou delay!

P.S.: Sorry, didnt skim through the whole thread to find if my was asked before
P.P.S.: Im using Firefox 9.0.1 in Windows 7
Activity: 392
January 19, 2012, 01:36:15 PM
Thanks, appreciate the red/green arrow fix on your next update

You can kinda get the idea of what I mean, if you look at the Alert Tool on my trading setup:

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
January 19, 2012, 12:55:28 PM
a workable Android version would be cool too.

when i open the browser version it won't let me enter prices.
January 19, 2012, 12:45:01 PM
Jessi,

Wondering if you could do a small look and feel adjustment.

Those nice little red and green arrows, under the Buy, Last, and Sell prices...

In the mini window version, they are so close to the numbers that it makes them hard to read.

Any way you could lower those red/green arrows down away from the numbers, I think just a bit more separation would
help with readability. Thanks!
Yes, no Problem, we have enough space there. I´ll update this in the next version.

Still reviewing the stuff, from your recent PM. Have some good feedback for you!
Cool. Smiley I am allready working on the "web-version" for that. I´ve got first line of buy-block and first line of sell-block allready working
and I am just searching for a little bug after this I can bring it online...
January 19, 2012, 04:46:26 AM
Jessi,

Wondering if you could do a small look and feel adjustment.

Those nice little red and green arrows, under the Buy, Last, and Sell prices...

In the mini window version, they are so close to the numbers that it makes them hard to read.

Any way you could lower those red/green arrows down away from the numbers, I think just a bit more separation would
help with readability. Thanks!

Still reviewing the stuff, from your recent PM. Have some good feedback for you!

Activity: 662
Merit: 545
January 18, 2012, 08:04:01 PM
^ i would be honored if you used anything ive said if you deem in beneficial Cheesy
January 18, 2012, 12:53:29 PM
just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?
Wow! Smiley Sometimes I am happy that I made the work and did share it with you all because I know exactly how bad it is to loose much... ;-)

Looks like a testimonial from another satisfied user of the Alert/Calc tool.  

You should post these on your web site Jessi, with users' permissions of course.  Smiley

Hey, that´s a really good Idea!!!

Then let me ask all of you: can I use the given comments for my site?

Sure, please feel to use mine. Think I have one that says "A must-have BTC trading tool!"
January 18, 2012, 02:25:10 AM
well i would hope i would easily be able to figure out the basics through google.  i would need to find a tutorial that shows how something similar is done.  i do understand basic programming logic as i have taken 2 years of intermediate C++ but totally slacked off in it.  if it is as simple as figuring out how to set it up so that information is accessed through the API and then writing simple if/then statements then i think its something i could definitely do with a bunch of coffee cigs n bud.
Yeah, sure, it´s allmost good documented. It´s not really hard to do such things. Anyway much try & error programming if you do it this way..

maybe if you do decide to do this, or anything at all in the future you could setup a screen rec of your work?    Grin
Huh... that would be a big file, because I allmost not very fast... Smiley
January 18, 2012, 02:20:21 AM
yes! i will certainly be donating some BTC once i regain a few bucks.  in any case much kharma coming your way  Grin
Thank you very much!!

Anyway a good kharma could be much better than any other for me, because during last months I had such a bad one. ;-)
January 18, 2012, 01:55:05 AM
how hard would this be for a noob to do who has basic html knowledge?  would i be able to do this myself with motivation through tutorials?
It would not be HTML only. You need also Server and Client scripting. For example PHP or ASP for Server and Flash or Javascript for Client. You need communication in both directions.

well i would hope i would easily be able to figure out the basics through google.  i would need to find a tutorial that shows how something similar is done.  i do understand basic programming logic as i have taken 2 years of intermediate C++ but totally slacked off in it.  if it is as simple as figuring out how to set it up so that information is accessed through the API and then writing simple if/then statements then i think its something i could definitely do with a bunch of coffee cigs n bud.

maybe if you do decide to do this, or anything at all in the future you could setup a screen rec of your work?    Grin
January 18, 2012, 01:51:30 AM
just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?
Wow! Smiley Sometimes I am happy that I made the work and did share it with you all because I know exactly how bad it is to loose much... ;-)

You should post these on your web site Jessi, with users' permissions of course.  Smiley

yes! i will certainly be donating some BTC once i regain a few bucks.  in any case much kharma coming your way  Grin
January 18, 2012, 01:50:27 AM
how hard would this be for a noob to do who has basic html knowledge?  would i be able to do this myself with motivation through tutorials?
It would not be HTML only. You need also Server and Client scripting. For example PHP or ASP for Server and Flash or Javascript for Client. You need communication in both directions.

Jessi, one last ting before I go to bed... revise your forum signature to read:

Bitcoin Price Alert and Calculator
;-)
January 18, 2012, 01:49:48 AM
how hard would this be for a noob to do who has basic html knowledge?  would i be able to do this myself with motivation through tutorials?

Jessi, one last thing before I go to bed... why not revise your forum signature to read:

Bitcoin Price Alert and Calculator
January 18, 2012, 01:47:17 AM
The Stickies have API capabilities for integrating stuff, I should learn to do something with that.

it would be really nifty to make a sticky displaying the buying and selling data similar to clark moodys.  

this makes me wish i payed more attention to programming in school.

I love that clarkmoody real-time Bid/Ask/Trading history app, but it always conks out on me. I think it was even down or "suspended" today?  Wonder how hard it would be to do what you're proposing.

Yes it was, and most times I use it to reduce my risk. Today I traded without because it was offline and was burned...

Clarkmoody Tool is a really good tool and I am wondering about the way he did the programming. Some kind of genius for me, because it´s really hard to stream that fast so many data and let the most work do by clients browser instead of your server. Really cool!!
January 18, 2012, 01:46:21 AM
just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?

Hey, that´s a really good Idea!!!

Then let me ask all of you: can I use the given comments for my site?
January 18, 2012, 01:45:07 AM
it would be really nifty to make a sticky displaying the buying and selling data similar to clark moodys.  

You don´t need a school for learning programming. Today there is so much material around where you can learn from by yourself...
January 18, 2012, 01:42:46 AM
how hard would this be for a noob to do who has basic html knowledge?  would i be able to do this myself with motivation through tutorials?
January 18, 2012, 01:38:15 AM
The Stickies have API capabilities for integrating stuff, I should learn to do something with that.

I love that clarkmoody real-time Bid/Ask/Trading history app, but it always conks out on me. I think it was even down or "suspended" today?  Wonder how hard it would be to do what you're proposing.

January 18, 2012, 01:32:25 AM

Pages:
Jump to: