Pages:
Author

Topic: Small btc payment stuck for 2 hours :( - page 2. (Read 2156 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

I can still see the details of the tx with the blockchain.info link.  Huh
When I looked it was gone, now it is back.  So, that means it was retransmitted.  Must... wait... longer...
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I can still see the details of the tx with the blockchain.info link.  Huh
legendary
https://blockchain.info/tx/eb96fa05f6f1d803d0c9950347dba0c2794770c3510c7304e087fd3c0b49568b

"Transaction not found"

Once the funds are back in your wallet try sending them again - with the correct fee this time!

Good luck.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Wow I didnt know a transaction could take this long.

This is eye opening.. esp if you need to do something immediately. Eg: if you wanted to go gamble with it.

Thanks!
Fees are quite affordable at the moment, it is very small. People who are sending transactions should add a transaction fee.
legendary

This is eye opening.. esp if you need to do something immediately. Eg: if you wanted to go gamble with it.

Thanks!
If you are really in a hurry to lose your money at some gambling site then send it with more than the minimum (double for example) and the miners will get it into the next available block for you.
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

It won't happen if a min fee is included in the transaction.  Wink
Activity: 89

Thanks!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Is this still stuck or no?
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees#Sending There is quite some information there, I have a transaction that is stuck for weeks. You can try to double spend it and you will receive the coins back.
Just busy downloading the block chain for my desktop wallet.
Then I'll fix the prob!
Still stuck
Activity: 109
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees#Sending There is quite some information there, I have a transaction that is stuck for weeks. You can try to double spend it and you will receive the coins back.
Activity: 399
Merit: 257
The client sent larger than required fees, the same amount for all transactions, but broadcast them in a way that miners would not readily accept

The coins being sent were only in the sending address for less than an hour, so its priority was very low. I believe that dust transactions have very low priority to begin with anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
That was an interesting leap in logic, I don't feel compelled to clarify what 'strange concept' I was referring to, it makes your awkward non sequitur more entertaining

Leap in logic?

OP complains that his transaction has not confirmed.

OP is told that he did not include a sufficient fee for confirmation.

You reply with:

I've always considered this a strange concept

There really isn't much of a leap there.

Either you are saying that you find the requirement to include a sufficient fee to be a strange concept...

Or you are posting off topic in the thread.

The client sent larger than required fees, the same amount for all transactions, but broadcast them in a way that miners would not readily accept

There are no guarantees with bitcoin.  Each solo miner (or pool) is free to behave however they like as far as maintaining lists of unconfirmed transactions they've received.  However, generally, most solo miners (or pools) don't bother at all remembering transactions that they don't accept.
legendary
As of the time of this response, yes it is still stuck.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Activity: 28

What strange concept?

You find that it is strange to pay someone to use their resources to provide you with a service you desire?  You think everyone in the world owes you whatever you desire in exchange for nothing?
How big were the transactions (in bytes)?  How much was the fee?

That was an interesting leap in logic, I don't feel compelled to clarify what 'strange concept' I was referring to, it makes your awkward non sequitur more entertaining

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794

What strange concept?

You find that it is strange to pay someone to use their resources to provide you with a service you desire?  You think everyone in the world owes you whatever you desire in exchange for nothing?

at what point do miners forget a transaction?

There is no specific amount of time.  Typically a few days for most of them.

I've had stuck transactions when I sent from some wallets (even with fees)

How big were the transactions (in bytes)?  How much was the fee?

Activity: 137

at what point do miners forget a transaction? I've had stuck transactions when I sent from some wallets (even with fees)

Dont worry too much, as someone mentioned earlier. It just needs a node to confirm the transaction amount.
Activity: 28

at what point do miners forget a transaction? I've had stuck transactions when I sent from some wallets (even with fees)
legendary
If I added a fee of 0.00005 would it go through?
If I recall correctly most miners will treat that the same as no fee at all.
Activity: 123
It`s in limbo even w. the fee. It happens every once in awhile.

All you can really do is wait it out.. it`ll go through.
Activity: 26
How do I use the inputs later with blockchain.info?
And how would I send another payment without waiting for this one from blockchain.info?
How do I rebroadcast cast with blockchain.info?
Or do I need the client?

AFAIK, if your transaction doesn't get included in a block in a day or so, you will have your bitcoin back to your original address with blockchain.info, as if nothing has ever happened.

You could then create a new transaction, and please include min fee then.
Still been 8 hours and nothing

Give it some time.  I believe transactions with no fee added (1 satoshi really is no fee) can take up to days to process.
Next time, just add the recommended fee, 0.0001 BTC.
If I added a fee of 0.00005 would it go through?
Pages:
Jump to: