Pages:
Author

Topic: SmallChange [research-only] [Litecoin based] [15 seconds blocks] [*update now*] - page 20. (Read 26570 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I'm stuck on 1 connection, can someone give me an "addnode"...?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
    "connections" : 2,

YAY!
Smiley

I was trying to get p2pool to work still some snags.
hope you have it sorted out soon, because SMC difficulty will go up soon and then it might not be profitable here anymore Wink
anyway: thanks for the nearly 4000 blocks!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Let's not forget that no exchange is going to want to host a currency with 15s blocks, and the resources that requires. You would need the friggin obama hope campaign of advertising to generate enough buzz to sway an exchange to offer a coin with 15s block solves.
GG/BTC and TBX/BTC pairs existed at BTC-E for some time.
Sorry, i should have specified 'successful currencies'.
Activity: 602
    "connections" : 2,

YAY!

I was trying to get p2pool to work still some snags.
With a windows client you would have more peers.
aw - SMC shouldn't grow too fast Wink

Quote from: blastbob
I only got 1 in my list for now.
yes, that's me!
With a windows client you would have more peers. I only got 1 in my list for now.
I am a stat whore.. Blocking hard here Wink
lol
you really wasting 1.35 MHashes/s ? okay Smiley

Quote from: Balthazar
I understand, but at least the sampling interval increase would be helpful.
you mean: nInterval, currently at 8 hours ?

Code: (main.cpp)
static const int64 nTargetTimespan = 0.35 * 24 * 60 * 60; // SmallChange: 0.35 days
static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 15; // SmallChange: 15 seconds
static const int64 nInterval = nTargetTimespan / nTargetSpacing;

No binaries?
Sorry, no binaries and I also didn't test windows builds or the qt GUI build.. This "coin" is more meant for research, not as a currency (and as such maybe in the wrong forum section).
Activity: 686
Bitbuy
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
do you have a compiled version? or we have to compile ourselves?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
But I prefer decreasing blocksize to 16k or even 8k, because there is no sense of 1mb blocks at such blocks rate.

Yes, that's the obvious answer.  It remains to be seen if the Litecoin network will encounter orphan problems as time goes on with 1 MB blocks.  Bitcoin is already having problems with 10 min blocks, which is kind of scary.  Litecoin should probably have adjusted the block size to 256 KB.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358
TBX & GG also used 15s block targets, so no records there. You should use 10s targets to win Cheesy

Maybe increase the block size to 10 MB and try 5s too, it'll be a contest for who can achieve the highest rate of orphans  Cheesy  A double-spend filled adventure!
Maybe.  Cheesy

But I prefer decreasing of blocksize to 16k or even 4-8k, because there is no sense of 1mb blocks at such blocks rate. That's may be interesting for currency which intended for microtransactions.
legendary
Let's not forget that no exchange is going to want to host a currency with 15s blocks, and the resources that requires. You would need the friggin obama hope campaign of advertising to generate enough buzz to sway an exchange to offer a coin with 15s block solves.
GG/BTC and TBX/BTC pairs existed at BTC-E for some time.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
TBX & GG also used 15s block targets, so no records there. You should use 10s targets to win Cheesy

Maybe increase the block size to 10 MB and try 5s too, it'll be a contest for who can achieve the highest rate of orphans  Cheesy  A double-spend filled adventure!
Activity: 742
legendary
I understand, but at least the sampling interval increase would be helpful.  Roll Eyes

I.e. perform retarget every 0.35 days, but use last 1-3 day blocks set for target calculation. It will prevent some kind of attacks by users with high hashing power.
I am a stat whore.. Blocking hard here Wink
It will be dead-by-design, if you leave difficulty adjustment algorithm without changes.
Thanks for the honest advice -- I expected that my chosen coin parameters could break stuff Wink
but the whole thing is more intended to show where to change what in the codebase for 'rebranding' and that anyone can do it with minimal efforts. Hopefully it contributes to keep the value of those cryptocurrencies down that are just weak spinoffs (with questionable intentions) of 'serious' ones on the one hand and on the other I wanted to have something to play with for research reasons...

Quote from: Balthazar
TBX & GG also used 15s block targets, so no records there.
ow.. :/ Smiley
legendary
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Interesting.....
SmallChange (SMC) - a 'faster' version of Litecoin which also uses scrypt as a proof of work scheme and is intended for microtransactions.

*) 15 seconds block targets: beat that MinCoin! Wink

Cheers!

lulz.

I wish you the best. Smiley
legendary
It will be dead-by-design, if you leave difficulty adjustment algorithm without changes.
Pages:
Jump to: