Pages:
Author

Topic: SmartHashing.us -> Gridseed Accessories For Sale & Hosting News/Discussion - page 2. (Read 11612 times)

Activity: 711
Merit: 532
I received all my units from CoinHoarder on Thursday, and they've been up and hashing since. Plus, he included a Raspberry Pi, SD card, USB hub, USB cables and power adapter cables which are very handy!

It's unfortunate that this had to play out this way, but I greatly appreciate this resolution.

edit: I forgot the cryptovest coins, I received those as well and they are very cool.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
The first hardware shipments should be delivered, I need to give some assembly instructions...

THE POWER CABLES PROVIDED ARE FOR SCRYPT MODE ONLY
- You could start a fire, very important.

1. Plug in the USB cables into the Gridseeds. I recommend doing this first as it's a tight fit. IT may seem like you're going to break something.. don't worry about it, after plugging in 70+ I didnt have anything break. You can shave off a little bit of the USB connector with a Dremel if you insist on a better fit. All I did was insert them at a bit of an angle and push them down.

2. Plug in the Gridseeds to the USB hubs. IMPORTANT: If you need more than one USB hub, the 2nd hub (and 3rd if needed) must be plugged into the first hub. Do not try to daisy chain them, it will not work.

3. Plug in the power to the Gridseeds and USB Hubs. IMPORTANT: If you see a red wire, that barrel plug has 5v power on it which is for USB hubs ONLY. The barrel plugs with yellow wires can be used for Gridseeds. DO NOT confuse the two, red must go to only USB hubs (you can rig it to power the Pi as well), yellow must go to Gridseeds. You can fry your Gridseeds or hubs by doing this.

4. Put the SD card in the Pi, then plug in the 1st USB hub to the Pi (the USB coming out of the back of the hub).

5. Check all connections... make sure the Gridseed fans are spinning and the USB hubs are on. Then plug the power cable for the Pi into a powered USB slot.

6. Log into your router and find the IP address of the Pi.

7. Point your web browser to the IP address and on the left click update to see if any firmware updates are available.

8. Enter your pool information and click "save and restart mining process" (or something like that.. can't remember the exact words).

9. You should be up and running. If you are having stability problems, in the settings you can set it so it restarts the mining process at a set interval. This should solve your stability problems.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Since you are going to take a hiatus I figured I would ask if plan to tie up all loose ends including this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-design-a-physical-bitcoin-contest-is-closed-289668

It has been 9 months and counting. Just asking.

It seems Smoothie's life mission is to ruin my reputation. I think I am doing an OK job of that on my own Smoothie, I don't need your help. Tongue

GFY
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
The first people that contacted me and paid, your stuff is on its way as of today. Sorry about the delay.. life is crazy right now. I will write some assembly instructions and post them here. Make sure to read them.. I had a customer brick his units by plugging in 5v power into the Gridseeds.

- If you have emailed me and not heard back from me, you will hear from me today.

- If you emailed me and don't want your stuff shipped back and want it hosted. I will have your things back up and running within the end of the week. I apologize for delay.. I'm still moving.

- If you opened a Paypal dispute, I cannot send your stuff to you I apologize. I literally have $0 in my pocket and my bank account is negative, I cannot cover your shipping. When you open a dispute, Paypal freezes the money. Email me to work something out.

I am giving you guys all accessories at no costs, and 1 special edition physical litecoin (worth ~$15 each unloaded on Ebay) per Gridseed you ordered (until supplies last I am not sure I have enough to do 1-1 for everyone.) I have these left over from people that didn't pay for them after the auctions. This is the only way I can somewhat make up for this as I have no coins or cash. I hope you appreciate it... as I have definitely lost a lot of time and money in this as well. I wasn't making much of anything selling these Gridseeds as it was- hosted units I literally made nothing after paying for accessories and was planning on making money from hosting fees. That obviously never happened.

I am going to take a long hiatus from the cryptocoin community after this is cleared up. I will not continue any businesses I have started, I need to eliminate stress as much as possible from my life. I admit I am young (27) and still have a lot to learn. I have made some mistakes and I am sorry about that. I wish things would have gone better, but it most of it was out of my control. I literally do not know how I am going to eat tonight. I am now living with my sister, first night here she's like "I'm seeing this guy and he's gonna stay the night tonight." I'm thinking to myself... fuck my life. I told someone in email, but since I delayed even more I will explain it to you publicly. I have been having problems with depression the past 6 months or so. It has been hard for me to live a normal life, it is why I lost my job. I have suffered with depression off and on my whole life, but lately I have been the worst I've ever been. I would totally kill myself right now if I didn't have a family that would be devastated. I can't do that to them... I need to learn to be strong and teach myself how to be happy again. I have been going through some really tough times, all I am asking for is a little understanding.

Please just have patience and this whole thing will be fixed shortly. I am still moving.. no A/C at my old place or the warehouse in 90+ degree weather... by myself. This is why I have been slow to respond and send everything back. I will try to make an effort to be better about responding etc so we can get this cleared up once and for all.

Thanks.

Since you are going to take a hiatus I figured I would ask if plan to tie up all loose ends including this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-design-a-physical-bitcoin-contest-is-closed-289668

It has been 9 months and counting. Just asking.
Activity: 839
Merit: 608
Hey ch,  can you head over to the private forms and come up with a closing plan for your previous gbs! Thx bud.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
The first people that contacted me and paid, your stuff is on its way as of today. Sorry about the delay.. life is crazy right now. I will write some assembly instructions and post them here. Make sure to read them.. I had a customer brick his units by plugging in 5v power into the Gridseeds.

- If you have emailed me and not heard back from me, you will hear from me today.

- If you emailed me and don't want your stuff shipped back and want it hosted. I will have your things back up and running within the end of the week. I apologize for delay.. I'm still moving.

- If you opened a Paypal dispute, I cannot send your stuff to you I apologize. I literally have $0 in my pocket and my bank account is negative, I cannot cover your shipping. When you open a dispute, Paypal freezes the money. Email me to work something out.

I am giving you guys all accessories at no costs, and 1 special edition physical litecoin (worth ~$15 each unloaded on Ebay) per Gridseed you ordered (until supplies last I am not sure I have enough to do 1-1 for everyone.) I have these left over from people that didn't pay for them after the auctions. This is the only way I can somewhat make up for this as I have no coins or cash. I hope you appreciate it... as I have definitely lost a lot of time and money in this as well. I wasn't making much of anything selling these Gridseeds as it was- hosted units I literally made nothing after paying for accessories and was planning on making money from hosting fees. That obviously never happened.

I am going to take a long hiatus from the cryptocoin community after this is cleared up. I will not continue any businesses I have started, I need to eliminate stress as much as possible from my life. I admit I am young (27) and still have a lot to learn. I have made some mistakes and I am sorry about that. I wish things would have gone better, but it most of it was out of my control. I literally do not know how I am going to eat tonight. I am now living with my sister, first night here she's like "I'm seeing this guy and he's gonna stay the night tonight." I'm thinking to myself... fuck my life. I told someone in email, but since I delayed even more I will explain it to you publicly. I have been having problems with depression the past 6 months or so. It has been hard for me to live a normal life, it is why I lost my job. I have suffered with depression off and on my whole life, but lately I have been the worst I've ever been. I would totally kill myself right now if I didn't have a family that would be devastated. I can't do that to them... I need to learn to be strong and teach myself how to be happy again. I have been going through some really tough times, all I am asking for is a little understanding.

Please just have patience and this whole thing will be fixed shortly. I am still moving.. no A/C at my old place or the warehouse in 90+ degree weather... by myself. This is why I have been slow to respond and send everything back. I will try to make an effort to be better about responding etc so we can get this cleared up once and for all.

Thanks.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Has anyone received their units from CH?

I've been in contact with him but he's pretty spotty.

First, I suggested paying for shipping using the Bitcoins my units already mined. He said it would take 4-6 days to convert those to USD, so he'd rather go with Paypal.  Huh < MRW when I remember that Paypal also has a holding period??

Anyway, I sent payment. That was a week ago. No e-mail confirming they've shipped, no tracking details.

Just put a paypal claim in. What was the point of even using it if he could have already shipped these units with the same Bitcoins they mined?

I pretty much have given up, and don't ever expect to receive my units.

I emailed him with my address, but have not heard back from him at all not even with request for shipping fee.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
200 OK
Has anyone received their units from CH?

I've been in contact with him but he's pretty spotty.

First, I suggested paying for shipping using the Bitcoins my units already mined. He said it would take 4-6 days to convert those to USD, so he'd rather go with Paypal.  Huh < MRW when I remember that Paypal also has a holding period??

Anyway, I sent payment. That was a week ago. No e-mail confirming they've shipped, no tracking details.

Just put a paypal claim in. What was the point of even using it if he could have already shipped these units with the same Bitcoins they mined?

I pretty much have given up, and don't ever expect to receive my units.
Activity: 711
Merit: 532
This is a wretched development. I am truly sorry for your troubles. Thank you for coming back to try to fix things.
legendary
Coinhoarder:

I actually backed you up here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/does-anybody-knows-the-user-coinhoarder-616501

I believe I was very fair in my assertion about you and did not make any personal attacks. As I said before, called it how I seen it.

If you can't handle the truth, that's not my problem.
legendary
Hi,

First of all I am sorry for my absence. I have been avoiding telling this embarrassing and personal story. My life is in complete disarray. I lost my job, am being evicted from my duplex and the commercial property I rent. I have been really stressed out and depressed about everything and have had a tough time with it. This is why I have been away.

The power was shut off at the hosting facility and I was looking for a place to host the equipment. Unfortunately I am moving in with a family member and there is not space for the mining equipment there. I am already hosting other Bitcoin mining hardware and the washer/dryer hookups in the place I'm moving into are in a garage and it gets real hot here- so that's out of the question.

I haven't touched any coins that were mined and your hardware is in my possession. I would like to ship your hardware to you. If you absolutely cannot host your equipment, then I may be able to host a small amount of equipment. Please get in contact with me with your shipping information. I literally have $200 to my name, I will need you to pay for shipping. This can be done via Paypal so you can charge back if you are worried about getting scammed.

I am truly sorry for what has happened. As always, I had the best intentions things just went south really fast and there wasn't much I could do about it. Again, I am sorry for my absence there is really no excuse for it. I should have came here and told you guys what was going on immediately so that it could be fixed. I am sorry you guys have missed out on mining time. I hope that providing free accessories will help you out, its the least I can do. Please arrange shipping through my personal email. Things are crazy, but I promise to get back to you within 24 hours. The email is [email protected] (change eightyseven to the numbers 87).

PS: Smoothie - I hate to be unprofessional even more, especially in light of the past couple weeks and the people that have been wondering what's happening with their equipment, but Smoothie seriously you spare no effort to kick me when I'm down. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop stalking me, it is getting creepy. I know you like to throw a jab at me whenever possible, but seriously fuck off. It looks bad on your part seeing as though you are a competitor in a competing side business (physical litecoins.) Ever since I announced I was going to make my physical Litecoin you always find a way to publicly criticize me in some way. Most people that have followed physical litecoins know the history in between you and me, some of them have probably read the flame wars, and realize how you are biased in your opinion about me or should I say how you wish others to perceive me. I strive to deliver what I say I will and I have all intentions of doing what I say I will do. Unfortunately things don't always work out the way you plan.

Calling it as I see it is not kicking you when you are down.

Ask all of your customers here in this thread. I just called it as it was.

Although you may feel I am "stalking" you, that couldn't be further than the truth. This is a public forum. If you want privacy you can always go elsewhere to have your discussions.

You basically left your customers hanging by your actions and your own admission. Not cool. Lost mining time is irreplaceable unless you give them faster hardware to replace that lost mining time.

As far as being a competitor by your own words you are no longer going to be supporting litecoin or making physical litecoins per your post here:

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=1940.msg157795#msg157795

Hi all,

Due to a conflict of interest I will no longer be making physical Litecoins and am abandoning my plans to make future editions of physical Litecoins. I am planning on continuing this venture, but I will no longer be minting physical Litecoins.. it will be for other cryptocoins. The main reason for this is that I have lost all interest in Litecoin and no longer see it as a good investment. It has taken me a while to get to this point and there is really no one reason in particular, but a few things stand out above the rest. I brought up some ideas to the community and the Litecoin developers about building a protocol on top of Litecoin, and was largely ignored and patronized. There is a very dangerously lethargic mindset that seems to be a common way of thinking that exists in Litecoiner's heads, or at least the ones that visit these forums. I think sitting at number 2 atop of the cryptocoin leader board has gone to most of their heads and most of them think (I actually saw someone type this today) that Litecoin is too big to fail.

The idea that all Litecoin needs to do is promote itself and doesn't need to innovate and add new features is deeply flawed. While Litecoiners are too busy worried about promoting themselves, other cryptocoins are developing massive innovations that will rock the foundation of cryptocoins as we know them today. While Litecoin sits back and makes mostly insignificant improvements along with security updates, there are some new players in the industry that are doing really amazing things that add true intrinsic value to the cryptocoin space. Simply put, a faster block speed (which is basically the only useful thing about Litecoin) is starting to look less like a good selling point and more like every other copy cat coin in existence.

When I got involved with Litecoin almost two years ago, I was certain it would become more popular and valuable as a safe haven for GPU miners, and I was proven to be correct. However that effect has come and gone with ASICs being released this year and the GPU miners are jumping ship to other coins. There is really no reason or use for Litecoin anymore, and I can no longer say that I am certain it will grow in popularity and value. Other coins have fairer launches now and other coins have faster or similar block speeds. There is nothing that sets Litecoin apart from the other ALT coins as being a sure bet any more, and I am very worried for its future. Especially with the current development team that doesn't see innovation as being important, along with the community that shares that sentiment. It is for these reasons I will no longer support Litecoin. I have thought very hard and long about this and I feel bad about doing this, however I cannot support what I don't believe in... that's just not me.

Thanks for the few people that supported my endeavors here with CryptoVest, it will always be appreciated. Thanks to those of you that I had very good conversations with over the years on these forums. Thanks to Litecoin for helping me get my feet wet in the cryptocoin space, and coincidentally helping me meet new friends that I will have for the rest of my life I'm sure. Feel free to contact me through Bitcointalk or my personal email [email protected]  -> Replace 007 with 87 though

I am very excited about the future of cryptos and I will stay heavily involved with the cryptocoin community as I have in the past, but I will no longer spend most of my time and energy on Litecoin.  

Thanks again to you all and take care,

Will

legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Hi,

First of all I am sorry for my absence. I have been avoiding telling this embarrassing and personal story. My life is in complete disarray. I lost my job, am being evicted from my duplex and the commercial property I rent. I have been really stressed out and depressed about everything and have had a tough time with it. This is why I have been away.

The power was shut off at the hosting facility and I was looking for a place to host the equipment. Unfortunately I am moving in with a family member and there is not space for the mining equipment there. I am already hosting other Bitcoin mining hardware and the washer/dryer hookups in the place I'm moving into are in a garage and it gets real hot here- so that's out of the question.

I haven't touched any coins that were mined and your hardware is in my possession. I would like to ship your hardware to you. If you absolutely cannot host your equipment, then I may be able to host a small amount of equipment. Please get in contact with me with your shipping information. I literally have $200 to my name, I will need you to pay for shipping. This can be done via Paypal so you can charge back if you are worried about getting scammed.

I am truly sorry for what has happened. As always, I had the best intentions things just went south really fast and there wasn't much I could do about it. Again, I am sorry for my absence there is really no excuse for it. I should have came here and told you guys what was going on immediately so that it could be fixed. I am sorry you guys have missed out on mining time. I hope that providing free accessories will help you out, its the least I can do. Please arrange shipping through my personal email. Things are crazy, but I promise to get back to you within 24 hours. The email is [email protected] (change eightyseven to the numbers 87).

PS: Smoothie - I hate to be unprofessional even more, especially in light of the past couple weeks and the people that have been wondering what's happening with their equipment, but Smoothie seriously you spare no effort to kick me when I'm down. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop stalking me, it is getting creepy. I know you like to throw a jab at me whenever possible, but seriously fuck off. It looks bad on your part seeing as though you are a competitor in a competing side business (physical litecoins.) Ever since I announced I was going to make my physical Litecoin you always find a way to publicly criticize me in some way. Most people that have followed physical litecoins know the history in between you and me, some of them have probably read the flame wars, and realize how you are biased in your opinion about me or should I say how you wish others to perceive me. I strive to deliver what I say I will and I have all intentions of doing what I say I will do. Unfortunately things don't always work out the way you plan.
200 OK
Probably has no good news and doesn't want feel the wrath of 10-15 angry investors whose money was more or less stolen.

How fucking hard is it to throw some units into boxes and send them out to their rightful owners.... jfc, incompetence...
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
legendary
CoinHoarder:

Last Active:   May 29, 2014, 06:12:38 PM

Where the fuck is this guy?

So he is lurking...
legendary
CoinHoarder:

Last Active:   May 29, 2014, 06:12:38 PM

Where the fuck is this guy?
200 OK
I'm not part of this group buy, but have been in his previous GBs.

I don't have any specific info, but I recall from a previous post that he had been dealing with health issues a while back. I'm hoping he's okay. A quick search using his publicly available 'real' name shows no obituaries.

I still believe CH to be an honest and dedicated member of this community, that is why I hope everything is okay.

TJ

I also disagree. Health issues are not an excuse this late into the game, and if he knew the severity of his health issues, he shouldn't have started his hosting endeavor to begin with.

@tekke, I also don't live in Murica, so I can't really help out there. Our hands are pretty much tied. This is pretty much how I felt when Yifu owed me 75 BTC for a refunded Avalon and I didn't get that refund for 5 months.
legendary

I don't have any specific info, but I recall from a previous post that he had been dealing with health issues a while back. I'm hoping he's okay. A quick search using his publicly available 'real' name shows no obituaries.

I still believe CH to be an honest and dedicated member of this community, that is why I hope everything is okay.

TJ

I disagree. When CH says one thing and does another, that is considered dishonest.
Activity: 839
Merit: 608

TJ
legendary
Well this guy still MIA , I have tried all that I could and nothing. I know there were 70 miners in easymining + some more in DIY mode. So there must be more people in this train, is anybody near this guy? how much a PI cost? we could all chip in to pay to someone to track down this guy. We need to do something people. We can let this guy fuck us so easily.

I am not suggesting that you dox him, but I sent you his e-mail address (which has his real name), and when I googled that name and the town he's in... Well, you try it. I'm not one to stalk people so I left it at that. He has 20 of my units, so I'm pretty pissed too, can't believe CH would go rogue after escrowing much higher values in trades in the past.

Hi, I forgot to thank you for the info, I have made a little check on the guy as well. I don't like  to be stalking people either , but I rather stalk than been laugh at, I chose him because he has a background in the community, he hosted other group buys with no problems. So I don't know what happened to him, but I'm sure of one thing I'm not going to let it slide. The thing is I'm not in the US and it is very difficult for me to track him down. But what do you propose for a course of action? we have been hash-less for 10 days, and the earnings have not been paid.

I hope nothing bad has happened to the guy but we need to know whats going on.
Pages:
Jump to: