Pages:
Author

Topic: SmartHashing.us -> Gridseed Accessories For Sale & Hosting News/Discussion - page 6. (Read 11612 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Can you send my invoice so I can get my order in for the 8pack?

Done- Thanks
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Can you send my invoice so I can get my order in for the 8pack?
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Cool!  Refunds are awesome.  How much BTC are we looking at per unit?

For you (from memory I think you paid $185 each), it will be $10 a unit. Those that paid $190 when the group buy was being organized and I was still getting prices.. it will be $15 a unit.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Cool!  Refunds are awesome.  How much BTC are we looking at per unit?
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Checking up on shipping status of my 24 pack w/ accessories.

You have a PM
Activity: 91
Merit: 11
No banking,Only Bitcoin!
Checking up on shipping status of my 24 pack w/ accessories.
In stock units ON SALE ONLY THIS WEEKEND!!!
$184.99 including shipping (only to the USA). There are currently 25 units in stock and they will ship out by the next business day as soon as they are paid for. They come with no accessories, so please be prepared as to making sure you have everything you need. Check out the accessory section of our store or one of the package deals to get an idea of what you'll need.

Batch Status Update:
Batch 1: Ordered on Saturday and received on Wednesday
Batch 2: Ordered on Wednesday and received on Friday
Batch 3: Accepting orders

Quick Delivery:
We're very excited about the quick delivery time of our supplier from China! We feel the wait times listed on our website are very conservative.. only if there is a problem of some type will we need to wait 5-10 business days to get equipment. We just put 5-10 business days so that in case there is a problem, everyone knows that is a possibility from the get go.

Hosting Status:
Most units that are to be hosted and delivered are running. It took us a while, but we now have over 100 running stable. Please bear with us as we bring all of them online, I expect all of batch 1 and 2 to be up and stable by tomorrow. We made a lot of progress today and Easy mode hosting is now pushing upwards of 30 Mh.  Grin

All DIY rigs from Batch 1 are working. Log in is not available at his time, but if you would like to change your pool info or clock speed please contact us.

24 Packs and greater have been removed from the store
After receiving batch 1 we have realized that the Gridseeds/Firmware/Mining Clients have a maximum of about 27 Gridseeds on one Raspberry Pi. All of our prices were figured out using a number of being able to run 49 Gridseeds on one Pi, thus all of our larger packages were affected. We decided just to stick with the smaller packages for now, but if you are interested in something bigger we can certainly make it happen. After building a large cluster for our hosting clients, we are well aware of the logistics involved with starting a large farm.

Batch 1 partial refund:
Because were so awesome, we are refunding you the difference in between our original batch 1 price and the actual price we paid for it. Although we are committed to seeing this through and making out customers happy, please bear with us as we are still extremely busy. There are more hosted units to be sent out, DIY mining mode needs to be setup and the network secured, a couple packages to test and ship out on Monday, order new accessories that we are running low on.. The list literally goes on and on. We promise to get refunds done as soon is convenient and after all of the immediate priorities like getting people up and hashing are taken care of.

Thank you all!
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Ok, well I should of tried this earlier but the high rejection rate problem we were experiencing was with the pool clevermining.com

I have switched us over to coinshift as suggested earlier and we are running well with only ~3.7% error rate, which is very respectable.

http://coinshift.com/account/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR/

It will take a while for the pool to update and I'm going to play around with it a little bit more before getting all the other units up and running, but I feel like changing pools solved all of our biggest problems. We currently have 27 per Pi and it seems to be functioning flawlessy. We tried another 10 port hub at the end of the chain, but 6 ports in teh last hub didn't work and bfgminer froze.

Just thought I'd share the good news..

Back to work & Thanks.. sorry for the delay
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Someone overclocked their Gridseed with the following results:

800MHz=340kh/s
850MHz=361kh/s
900MHz=383kh/s
950MHz=404kh/s
1000MHz=425kh/s

Though I don't know what his wattage was like/etc.

I think you mentioned OCing in the previous thread. Are you still considering it/have you tried to so far?
Yes will likely keep it around 850 mhz

----------

I started making some headway last night, but I fell aslep here at the office! I have been up almost two days straight trying to get this stuff to work. It now seems almost impossible with the current state of mining clients for Gridseeds to run more than  24 or so on one Pi. I got tired of messing around with the hashra image and scripta. I built cgminer from source about right before I fell asleep and was able to get cgminger to see 52 Gridseeds. cgminer launches in this instance and acts like it's working, but no work was being submitted. :\

Today I am going to focus on just building a lot of smaller systems and getting everything up and running. I was really hoping to get as many per Pi as possible due to expandability issues and costs, but it's just not going to work right now. I hope a better mining client is released in the near future that can handle more of these. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to run 49+ like I had originally planned.

Sorry for the delay, I've been working really hard. Before I fell asleep last night I had been up for almost 24 hours troubleshooting. Just know I'm working on it and I'll get us up and running as soon as possible!! I even had some help show up last night.. my friend who is good with computers. It is simply technically impossible at this point in time to do much more than 24 per Pi unfortunately. It's time to move on and just get everything running. Smiley

Thanks
lae
Activity: 42
Someone overclocked their Gridseed with the following results:

800MHz=340kh/s
850MHz=361kh/s
900MHz=383kh/s
950MHz=404kh/s
1000MHz=425kh/s

Though I don't know what his wattage was like/etc.

I think you mentioned OCing in the previous thread. Are you still considering it/have you tried to so far?
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
50 Easy mode hosted units are now hashing. Only ~17 left to go and all easy mode miners are hashing.

1 out of 2 DIY hosting accounts are hashing. I am awaiting pool info for the 2nd one.

We have 15 extra Gridseeds in stock that were ordered in batch 1 which can ship out tomorrow. PM me and I'll make you a good deal.

Thanks

What pool did you go with, and is there any way we can see our units hash rate in action?

Also when can we expect to receive the refunds for the difference in unit price?

Thanks.

I'll be able to do refunds this weekend when it slows down a bit. I've still got a lot to do to get Batch 1 fully setup.

We are here: http://clevermining.com/users/1NoSqFgsexazNDncU1ArWnBA7fewrtaFnR

Getting a lot of rejects.. I think I need to reduce the number of units per Pi. Right now I have 25.. they DIY rig that only has 15 is getting much lower rejects, so I think by bringing the two that have 25 down to 20 should help a lot.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
200 OK
50 Easy mode hosted units are now hashing. Only ~17 left to go and all easy mode miners are hashing.

1 out of 2 DIY hosting accounts are hashing. I am awaiting pool info for the 2nd one.

We have 15 extra Gridseeds in stock that were ordered in batch 1 which can ship out tomorrow. PM me and I'll make you a good deal.

Thanks

What pool did you go with, and is there any way we can see our units hash rate in action?

Also when can we expect to receive the refunds for the difference in unit price?

Thanks.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust

Thanks
Up to 25 working on one Pi now. 32 working now... it's time to go for the gold... 49+...  Grin

I apologize this is taking so long. I got done hooking everything up and there was a short in the system... I had to unhook everything and now I'm adding units 4 at a time to find the faulty connection. I am making progress though. Thanks for being patient.

DIY guys I'm not going to have log in setup until tonight, sorry about that. Please PM me pool info and I will get you setup as soon as I can.

Thanks
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
FYI: Your site doesn't appear to work in Firefox (Chrome works fine):

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.smarthashing.us. The OCSP server suggests trying again later. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_try_server_later)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

The website works in Firefox, although I have seen that error from time to time too. I think it is an issue with Godaddy.. it doesn't happen very often but it does sometimes. Just refresh the page a little later and it fixes itself. Sorry about that.

----------------------

Batch 1 received a day earlier than expected! Grin Smiley Cool

We'll be super busy tonight, but will try to post pics later. We have a team of 3 helping with everything, so I hope we won't have many issues. There is a lot to do though, if we can have all 100+ Gridseeds running stable by the end of the night, then it will be a good day!

Can Batch 1 participants suggest a pool you want to use? There is only 1 requirement for us as far as what pool to use.. is that the pool use a Bitcoin address for the user name. That way we can operate as transparently as possible. My initial thoughts were to use (how ironic) clever mining. Cheesy

What do you guys think?

I'm good with clever mining as well. I don't know if multipool.us would allow you to have a username as long as a Bitcoin address. Maybe it would?

Clevermining or coinshift is okay with me.
no paypal?

Maybe.. PM me what you're interested in. I'll only ship to verified Paypal addresses.
Activity: 10
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
200 OK
FYI: Your site doesn't appear to work in Firefox (Chrome works fine):

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.smarthashing.us. The OCSP server suggests trying again later. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_try_server_later)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

The website works in Firefox, although I have seen that error from time to time too. I think it is an issue with Godaddy.. it doesn't happen very often but it does sometimes. Just refresh the page a little later and it fixes itself. Sorry about that.

----------------------

Batch 1 received a day earlier than expected! Grin Smiley Cool

We'll be super busy tonight, but will try to post pics later. We have a team of 3 helping with everything, so I hope we won't have many issues. There is a lot to do though, if we can have all 100+ Gridseeds running stable by the end of the night, then it will be a good day!

Can Batch 1 participants suggest a pool you want to use? There is only 1 requirement for us as far as what pool to use.. is that the pool use a Bitcoin address for the user name. That way we can operate as transparently as possible. My initial thoughts were to use (how ironic) clever mining. Cheesy

What do you guys think?

I'm good with clever mining as well. I don't know if multipool.us would allow you to have a username as long as a Bitcoin address. Maybe it would?
Well, I pulled an all nighter. It is safe to say I underestimated the amount of time it would take to put everything together. Cable management alone for 100+ gridseeds is a logistical nightmare. Not to mention trying to get as many as I can on one Pi is proving challenging, but I think I can get it. I'm chugging along.. I expect to have everything running later today. I'll update you guys as there is news.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Good to hear! I hope all went well last night for you all, Im excited to see the pics!

I also cant wait for my units to arrive, i hope they get here by Saturday so I have all weekend to set them up.

thanks again man!
Pages:
Jump to: