Pages:
Author

Topic: sMerit Post-Review - page 17. (Read 11279 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 65
February 07, 2018, 02:16:32 PM
Hi again,
Here, I gathered and organized all the threads I found about members evaluating posts and giving merits. For each one, I did a little introduction of which post shall be evaluated.

PS: it is in Portuguese Section.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gringa-avaliando-posts-e-dando-merits-update-2-gringos-dando-290-merits-no-total-2841480

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
February 07, 2018, 02:04:18 PM

Discussions about Monero don't belong in the Bitcoin discussion section of the forum. I can't be giving merit for posts that are breaking guidelines. It is nice to have your post information about bitcoin not being anonymous, however it can be if used correctly. So I would say that your title is at the very least misleading. These limitations have already been made abundantly clear in the earlier days of development and testing; so while it's nice of you to be posting this information, it is not unique, new or creative. Your explanation of the lightning network was not satisfactory in my estimation. I have read dozens of posts about the exact same thing that did a better job at what you are trying to accomplish. You also post a random thread about "What is Onion and Ripple Coin" when these aren't your projects, have been explained numerous times and the point of the thread is to "pick the best coin for 2018", without even describing what your criteria is. I'm not going to give a description for each and every post, but none of these have earned merit and it is mostly because you are repeating information that has been said many times and is mostly likely not news to very many people. Expect merit from anyone you help, but as for me, no.

It seems like you've been getting some merit from the people that you've been helping with your information. To me this information is not particularly helpful or creative, because whenever I start to hold/trade a new coin this is the first thing I do. It just seems like common sense to me, but as I said there may be those that don't agree with me and they will be the ones to give you merit.

None of these posts deserve merit from me, but that isn't to say that they aren't helpful to someone else. Although, posting about "good" ICOs and the other simple things you've been posting about aren't something I would encourage. I would only promote ICOs that have something extraordinary to offer, and most ICOs these days are just pump and dump cash-grabs.

I will not be giving merit for any of these posts; Some are buried on deep pages, but mostly it just seems like you are having a conversation with OP or whoever else. It does not seem like you are adding depth to the conversation or analyzing different levels of resoultion. It just seems like you are doing what you can to get a post out, there are many typos, which make it hard to understand what you're saying sometimes and there isn't anything helpful, interesting or particularly high-quality about these posts.

You are not 2-weeks away from senior member with posts like this. You will not receive any merit for 1-liner posts that are primarily made up of 3-letter acronyms for new ICOs. None of these deserve merit, not only from me, but from anybody. I would be impressed if anybody actually gives you a merit for these posts; you need to step your game up a lot if you want to have an impact around here. You need to explain, elaborate, clarify and justify everything you are saying. You can't just say  
some current ICOS im looking at... NEO ICOS are the big rave right now
APEX, NEX, ORBIS, VDT

check those out
and expect any merit. You are acting as if you are entitled to your rank up to senior member, which you are not; I would expect to make big changes or remain at your rank for a long while.
Activity: 560
Merit: 65
February 07, 2018, 01:59:54 PM
legendary
February 07, 2018, 12:30:49 PM

I don't understand any of these posts, at all. They are one-liners or just show random information that isn't helpful to anybody (except maybe OP). I see OP is giving out merit for what they are specifically asking, which is why you received merit for that post, but other than that I don't see why these posts deserve merit from anybody. I won't go into grave detail, but these posts are not creative, high-quality, constructive or helpful in my opinion.

One of those posts is deleted, so I can't even see what it was, but I'm willing to bet that it was not very high-quality if it was deleted/removed. The rest of these posts are pretty garbage in all honesty. Two of them are talking about social media and not even in a complex, sophisticated or intriguing manner, just simply "which is best?!?!?" Not interesting and not a fun conversation to even read, I was extremely bored even trying to find where I could give you a merit. If these are truly your most "meritable" posts, then you should not expect to rank up, period. Put some more thought and effort into your posts, and then feel free to come back and re-submit your posts.

The marking $100 bill thread made me smile, because it's just hilarious to have someone running around with $100 bills that say "Bitcoin is better". The statement is true, funny and will make people say "What's that?". Probably not the best way for spreading the word, but it got a smile out of me and I figured that's almost as good as a merit. The other thread is in a language I cannot understand, so I won't be able to tell whether or not it deserves merit; therefore, it does not receive merit from me.

You are wrong about sending bitcoins without any fee. This is not impossible as you've explicitly stated in your post, it certainly is possible and used to be the case. One post is literally just asking for the link to a signature campaign that accepts newbies... That alone makes me not even want to click through the rest of your posts, because you're clearly either trying to waste my time or have no conceptualization of what a quality post actually is. I suggest reading through the posts I have already merited, because you keep coming in here and throwing up a dozen shitposts at a time, hoping one of them will stick to the wall. Some are the 300+ reply to a mega-thread, all in all your posts are just disappointing. I don't know why you waste your own time. I would give the "Top 5 Bitcointalk Users" post a merit, but there's just something off about it that I can't put my finger on. It doesn't look like the rest of your posts, which is a good thing, but bad in the sense that it seems to be copied and only slightly edited. I also don't know why you mention a test "admin" account as one of the "best" or most influential users around here, when this certainly is not the case. For these reasons, none of your posts will be getting merit this time around. Please try to narrow your submissions down into your absolute best posts, because reading through posts asking for a link to a newbie signature campaign will most likely cause to me instantly decline the rest of your posts from here on out.

Please stop formatting your links in ways that make it impossible and annoying to navigate. Line-breaks, hyperlinks, lists, all of these make this process take longer; they add extra work for me and I'll probably add a local-rule that if this is something you do then you will be instantly rejected. I understand trying to make your posts look pretty and formatted, but just don't, please. I have to select each stupid tag, push backspace a million times, it's just a headache, please don't do it. This is at least the 3rd time I've said something about it, so I have no sympathy for the posts that will be deleted from here on out because of this. I'm also going to make a local rule of a maximum of 5-posts being submitted at a time, too many people are giving me like a dozen links to look at in one period and most of them are garbage. It makes it so I put a lot of effort reading posts that I really shouldn't even bother, and if I forced the submission size down then these users would be forced to trim off the excess fat.

I know nothing of the lightning network, so I cannot be throwing around merit for technical discussions that I have no input/information on. I'm sure these posts are quality, but again anything that goes over my head won't be merited. I would love to give you a detailed explanation for each and everyone of these links, but it just isn't something I have the time for. A lot of these are decent enough conversations, but they seem to be just that, conversations that are mostly opinionated. There are obviously facts and information being circulated, but one of these posts is the 380,000th+ response to a thread. Things I don't understand, posts that are buried in a thread, repeated information and simple back and forth conversation are not something I will be meriting.

Activity: 126
Merit: 59
February 07, 2018, 12:19:38 PM

There are a few that I wish I could've merited, but these posts unfortunately will not be receiving merit from me at this point. My merit is running out, and so my criteria is becoming more stringent. Keep doing what you are doing and you will farm up that merit like no tomorrow; You are having conversations worth having, disagreeing in meaningful ways, plus you put thought and effort into each and every one of your posts.

I have given each of these posts Merit, unfortunately I am getting a little bit low on merit and this is causing me to be a bit more conservative than I would like to be. You post very thought-provoking and interesting posts, very regularly. Your posts about whales, price manipulation, price correlation all of it is very interesting and I have "Watched" a bunch of your topic, because I hope to get involved in the conversation at one point or another. It is always stressful to read through dozens of posts, but I look forward to reading your posts in all honesty.

Thanks a lot!

Here's another interesting post and chart:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29800445
legendary
February 07, 2018, 11:35:18 AM

I don't see any of these as particularly helpful. There is some half-decent information, some misleading information, some burred replies, but overall I would expect the OP to merit you if they consider your post helpful to their predicament.

It seems that your posts are always a bit vague. While they may be helpful as a starting point for somebody that has absolutely no knowledge about bitcoin, security or trading whatsoever, I doubt this is going to be the case for almost anybody that reads the post. If you elaborate, clarify or create more helpful points then I would happily reconsider.

You posted in the wrong section and made suggestions that are not well thought out whatsoever. I don't know who you believe this information to be helping, or why you believe it to be high-quality. I will not be giving merit for a post that doesn't argue it's own point very well, doesn't follow forum guidelines and just sounds like a whiny entitled post about how people should play by your rules instead of having freedom.

Please take your time to review these posts:

I have given this thread a Merit, because while it has been said before a million different ways, this will give me something to link newbie's too (or PM them) when their thread gets out of hand. As you said, too many questions get answered too many times and turn into mega-threads filled with spam and people activity farming.

I could not read the local thread translation for the guidelines, but I'm sure the local board attendees will hit you with some merit for your effort. The other posts, some were interesting to read, some made me chuckle and some went way over my head because I am not that smart. I have a feeling that a couple of these may have deserved merit that wasn't acquired from me, simply because as I said before, some just went over my head.

There are a few that I wish I could've merited, but these posts unfortunately will not be receiving merit from me at this point. My merit is running out, and so my criteria is becoming more stringent. Keep doing what you are doing and you will farm up that merit like no tomorrow; You are having conversations worth having, disagreeing in meaningful ways, plus you put thought and effort into each and every one of your posts.

I have given each of these posts Merit, unfortunately I am getting a little bit low on merit and this is causing me to be a bit more conservative than I would like to be. You post very thought-provoking and interesting posts, very regularly. Your posts about whales, price manipulation, price correlation all of it is very interesting and I have "Watched" a bunch of your topic, because I hope to get involved in the conversation at one point or another. It is always stressful to read through dozens of posts, but I look forward to reading your posts in all honesty.
Activity: 700
Merit: 350
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
February 07, 2018, 10:18:07 AM
Hello bill gator, I'm actually trying to do something similar, but with a little twitch, since although I review the posts and threads, I intend to use it more like a personal filter. You can still check it out in case you would like to participate, but I'm not searching for a review on that one (Thread here).

The thread I'm actually submitting for review is (This one). Although it's actually good to receive merit for what we do, what I really hope with this is that maybe my thread will be more visible, and I think that's important (otherwise I wouldn't be doing it).

Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot to add this one. I think it could be important since the merit system is quite recent (Thread here).
It's just my opinion, but maybe it could help other users.

Activity: 278
Merit: 2
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
Merit: 20
February 07, 2018, 04:37:25 AM
Hello, Feel free to review posts if it is worthy to receive a merit. Thank you in advance Grin. Here are the links:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29308333
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29448689
Activity: 56
Merit: 30
February 05, 2018, 04:07:25 PM
Hello sir ,

I am still suffering to get merit points. I gave much effort in few post , had a firm research. But got some merit yesterday. The new rule is made to keep the forum clean , spamless. I support the system , but i was very disappointed till yesterday. I got few merit on a post . I am researching about banks and bitcoin. Here is my article link . If you think it is good , please give me merit. It will boost my effort to write more.

Post 1 = https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29577405
Post 2 = https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29412936
Post 3 = https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2075728

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
February 04, 2018, 11:11:41 AM
Dear OP,

I would like to highlight few of my posts which I believe is worthy to get a merit point. The links are as follows,

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29568566
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29544432
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29346721

Thanks in anticipation!
Merit: 59
February 02, 2018, 07:25:52 AM

Your first post about deflation is pretty high-quality and deserving of a Merit, I think. While I disagree with a couple of the things you've said there, like deflation is disincentive for borrowers/investors. I do like the thought that went into it and I agree with more than half of it, regardless it is very thought-provoking and it is the kind of conversations that I used to see around here a lot. We need more in-depth conversations about cause, effect, implications, economics, direction, theory, etc. I really like the chart that you brought to the table for the discussion about bankers killing cryptocurrency. Again, I think we come to different conclusions and interpret the data differently, but I have never seen a chart that quantifies things so concisely and in a comparative manner such as this. Your posts make me think and consider things that I have neglected to, it is quite fun. I type this as I review each new post, but it looks like you scored a 3/4 with your posts here and moreover you seem like an interesting user to have a back-and-forth with on these kind of topics. You are informed enough where you don't seem triumphantly naive or arrogant, you simply are there to have conversation and it isn't the same boring dribble we normally see from lower ranking members.

This is the only post I didn't throw you merit for from your submissions, just because it doesn't feel very "helpful" or something I would give merit for; while I agree with what you've said in the post, I just don't feel like it deserves merit.

Thanks a lot for meriting my posts. Here're two new threads:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29446835
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29728767

And you may also be interested in these replies too:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29507032
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29508247
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29588662
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-price-manipulation-patterns-2867856
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29731062
legendary
February 01, 2018, 01:28:53 PM
Oops, deleted it on accident; Reposting ...

I have given this post a Merit, because many people are being scammed, frustrated and confused by transaction accelerators. It does not seem as though many people understand their options or what the dangers even are. I would have liked to seen more information regarding this child-pays-for-parents transaction. Instead you offered a lot of background, which is helpful in its own way, but I think people are really interested in the technical side of this. If you have more information to add to your OP that would maybe bring in more merit, and help many more people.

The rest of these were mostly in that "Finding Satoshi" thread or just regular ole' conversation about raising kids. I think you're incorrect and way off about the bitcoin expense and transaction fees. I very regular use bitcoin and never pay over a couple dollars for a transaction. If it is merit you seek, try to be more universally information/helpful, like the one thread I have merited, but even more information.

Unfortunately I don't see this post as deserving merit, however I do see it as deserving conversation so I have "Watched" this thread and plan to reply/respond when I have some extra time to do so. It is a conversation I would very much like to have, because I agree and disagree with you at the same time and would like to delve into this more in-depth. I want to just make it extra clear, I do not merit threads I "like" or "agree" with, I don't even merit good conversational threads. I simply merit those that I believe to be universally helpful, informative, high-quality or beneficial for the health of the forum in general. I think this post is very good, just not deserving of merit if that makes sense.

I have given this post Merit, because even though it is buried deep into the thread it is still a conversation going back and forth between many people. You provide sage-advice, and anybody following your post would be more secure and better off with their crypto-security as a whole.

The other post is obviously just an extension of that and a continuation of the conversation already at-hand. I won't be giving you an additional merit for this post, but know that I am following the conversation and will be providing additional merit where I see fit.

This is helpful to OP, but not necessarily anybody else so I won't be giving you merit for this post. I won't be giving you merit for this post, but OP and maybe anybody else wondering the same question should give you merit. It is informative to those that are wondering the same thing and I'm sure you didn't provide any misinformation. This post just barely falls short of earning a merit, because if you were to include how to calculate lowest fees, or where they maybe could find more information on how to "safely" and efficiently use the lowest fee for their circumstance then it would be more universally helpful and merit-able.

As far as I know these accounts are illegally acquired/generated. I doubt you have some 5-star agreement with Netflix that allows you to be a re-seller of their service. This being said, I cannot merit a thread I believe to be operating illegally, selling accounts fraudulently. If you can somehow prove these accounts are legitimate, not owned by another person and are perfectly acceptable by Netflix's standards and from a legal stand-point then I will grant you merit.

The post about determining whether or not an ICO is going to be a scam is incredibly high-quality in my opinion. Obviously you could have put more information and gone overboard with your in-depth analysis of exactly what to do and so forth, but you are giving real criteria and real ways to examine an ICO or project for it's feasibility. You aren't just giving the same old "Research the team" answer, you honestly are talking about reading the whitepaper for the function of the project, avoid money-grabs that talk about strictly trading, etc. I enjoy that you practically explained the use cases and practical examples of very interesting projects using DAPP theory. These posts have received Merit from me, simply because they deserve it.

While cryptocurrency last-will and testament is a very interesting topic and Post-ICO distribution of tokens/coins are as well, these more read as simple conversations. There is nothing wrong with that, but I don't see them as particularly helpful, informative or high-quality in the proper way to receive merit from myself.

This post makes no sense and does not explain anything.

I have given this post Merit, because it looks like you've done your research and you have an informed opinion. You are trying to explain and elaborate why you think this way, and it is entirely relevant to the OP. It doesn't seem like you just clicked on any random thread to post your uninformed 2-cents, you actually have put thought into this and want to share your opinion for others to discuss, debate or take-away the same conclusion as yourself. This is how quality conversations are had.

These other posts also seem thoughtful, but again they read more like regular conversations or something that the OP would a more appropriate candidate to give you merit.

Wow, that was a lot of work. All caught-up and cleaned up. Spam removed, rule-breakers deleted, merit dished out. I barely have any merit left or else I would go +1 threads again.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
February 01, 2018, 08:07:01 AM
Hi and thanks for doing that! I am really trying to write something of value but for some reasons I don't get merits, it feels a little (a lot?) discouraging. So if you tell me that it is worth at least some merit, it will mean really much to me.

Here are the posts I would like to ask you to have a look at. I think they were meaningful and helpful, and especially the first one:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.27494714
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28571872
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28881048 (with a good reception from junoreactor-his post just below)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2849365

Also my posts sometimes caused the reaction and involvement of many members into a good discussion
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28953185 and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28962238 and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28965409
(I even merited crax0r for his insights there with my only smerit Smiley )

Thanks again!
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
February 01, 2018, 07:35:16 AM
Hi again Bill and thanks for your time.

Whenever you have some time, I wrote some posts this week, maybe these three are worth a look:

(here this is a personal opinion of Ethereum): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29353838
(opinion on comparing Bitcoin to fiat money): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29360424
And this one > https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29379088 it is a short post but I believe it replies exactly on point, and OP was satisfied with my suggestion.

Thanks again for the service, really appreciate it.

Activity: 952
Merit: 284
In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕
February 01, 2018, 03:20:35 AM
I like the fact that some members like you are coming forward and rewarding good posters rather than punishing low quality posters. I think rewards are a much better way for improvements rather than punishments. I am linking some of posts for review. I accept that my posts are not of high quality, but I do try to help when I have knowledge about a topic. For example I am pretty active on Steemit topic, as I myself use Steemit.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29357320
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29120096
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.29010689
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28795521

I hope you will provide me some suggestions to improve my post quality.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 258
Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.
legendary
January 31, 2018, 03:33:58 PM
This is the problem with merit though... even if you post helpful info to OP you still won't receive merit from them, at least in most cases

It is not a problem. There is something called "Altruism" or even "Common-Decency"; you're saying the problem with helping somebody is that in most cases you aren't receiving something in return? My advice: Get over it. If you are helping people only to expect some unspoken reward for your false-kindness, then you aren't helping people at all, you are trying to manipulate them. This thread is not for these discussions anyways.

Wait, so if I give a link to a thread I have used to sell things and it has gone well, I will receive merit? Very confused.

No. Go read about Merit, how it is intended to be distributed and what it's purpose is. Marketplace feedback and Merit are two different things.

I can't understand what you're saying in this post at all, but it does seem like you are whining about not receiving merit. This is not deserving of merit, it is not helpful, and you are contributing nothing to the discussion at-hand. It baffles me to think that you sat there reading through your posts and decided "this one, this is the one!" No merit, improve your post-quality and try again.

There aren't really very many rules in this thread at all, but I have addressed the idea of local-threads within this thread many many times. It would seem to be common-sense that I cannot merit posts that I cannot understand or read, otherwise this would turn into me just meriting any foreign post or all posts. You very well may deserve merit for this post, but I will leave that to those that can read it.

The bitcoin commandments seem to just be a Copy + Paste of Investment/Trading guidelines with a couple of words changed around. I'm not saying these are bad guidelines or suggestions, but I do believe this information to be widely available. I have seen threads almost exactly like this one in the past, literally a list of 10-"commandments" that are almost identical to yours. The Bitcoin trading starter pack is also this way, with information that has been posted thousands of times by many different members. I have no doubt this will help certain people that stumble upon this and none of the aforementioned threads, but for this I would say you can expect merit from those users and not myself. Lastly, your "What if" thread I do not find compelling or interesting, because it lacks a lot of, well, everything. It just isn't an interesting conversation to have, given the current parameters you've set-up. I'd like to give you merit, but these fall flat for me.

I agree, everyone should know this about Bitcoin and wallets, but do you think you are presenting new information? There are already age-old posts with this information circulating around, simply point users in that direction when they are having trouble in this area. There is no need to repeat information and make an entirely new thread for information that's (probably) not new for anyone, especially if they've ever used the Search function. Your other post is the 1633th reply in a mega-thread where you rattle off what you think are benefits of Bitcoin. That isn't even close to deserving merit, it is literally one of the worst kind of posts that exist here. Stop posting like this. I will never give you merit for this kind of thing.

Seems like you're right, some of your posts do deserve merit. Wink I have given each of these posts a Merit, because they are short and sweet. They give the OP what they are looking for without all sorts of extra fluff, without beating around the bush and without giving them an emotional story or misinformation. I didn't even know bitcoins could be sent to the same wallet, I assumed it would just throw an error and maybe some exchanges wouldn't have an error_exception programmed for it. So many people get all worked up about why bitcoin's price falls and climbs, and normally I wouldn't give merit for speculation on this kind of thing, but honestly I think you hit the nail on the head. Tongue MEW, as you said, can't be a "scam" unless the person responsible for their private-key is irresponsible. Even this being the case, doesn't make it a scam, it just offers the user the freedom to control their security in whichever manner they see fit; if you want to be vulnerable they will allow you that freedom.

The Jr. Member campaign question is just a question being answered, even though I really like your answer, it isn't really helpful to me or anyone other than the OP. I wanted to give the Small Island Nations post a merit and I still might later, but for now I have "Watched" the thread and might hop into the conversation. The entire point of cryptocurrencies is that they are not centralized to one geographical area or government, so having each nation with their own coin would be completely nullifying and mind-numbingly difficult or no benefit.

* I do not understand why people put so many Line-Breaks, Returns, Enters in their posts, it makes it so obnoxious to quote and I always have to cut it down to size; stop trying to take up as much space with your post as you possibly can. You are like tourists on the sidewalk that attempt to form a blockade because they want to pretend they're more significant than they are.  Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: