Pages:
Author

Topic: So I guess people are using bitcoins for takeaway - page 2. (Read 2843 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Nowadays bitcoin becomes popular payment method due to its offered advantage compared with traditional ways! ppl are keen to pay with bitcoin and merchants will be happy to adopt bitcoin payment to attract customers! It is good for the bitcoin development.

One reason I think it is more popular is because of convenience, and I find this especially true with me; I dont have to enter all my credit card information, phone number, register, etc; I just need to copy and paste an address to send to and the amount to send.

Absolutely. It is the best and convenient way to make a payment for the purchases are made and I believe it is the safest too. You can get rid of credit card details and we have experienced in the past that hackers are very active when the payment is made by credit card.
yeah and hackers can't hacked your bitcoin wallet to stole your coins. And its the easiest way for the min time. And also you can back up your wallet in case of losing data to your phone. You can insert your address to other device using you back up data.

It is better then credit card that is for sure. Credit cards are very easy to hack and once you are aware that your credit card is lost or hacked the post procedure is too hactic for eg calling the bank to block your credit card, apply for the new one etc. So paying with bitcoin is the simplest way.
Yeah. And also you don't need to worry if you don't have a fiat money, you can now exchange your coins easily.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Nowadays bitcoin becomes popular payment method due to its offered advantage compared with traditional ways! ppl are keen to pay with bitcoin and merchants will be happy to adopt bitcoin payment to attract customers! It is good for the bitcoin development.

One reason I think it is more popular is because of convenience, and I find this especially true with me; I dont have to enter all my credit card information, phone number, register, etc; I just need to copy and paste an address to send to and the amount to send.

Absolutely. It is the best and convenient way to make a payment for the purchases are made and I believe it is the safest too. You can get rid of credit card details and we have experienced in the past that hackers are very active when the payment is made by credit card.
yeah and hackers can't hacked your bitcoin wallet to stole your coins. And its the easiest way for the min time. And also you can back up your wallet in case of losing data to your phone. You can insert your address to other device using you back up data.

It is better then credit card that is for sure. Credit cards are very easy to hack and once you are aware that your credit card is lost or hacked the post procedure is too hactic for eg calling the bank to block your credit card, apply for the new one etc. So paying with bitcoin is the simplest way.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Are you still living 100% on Bitcoin? I remember the thread and it was pretty important. Are you avoiding 100% of taxes? how are you dealing with the taxes? I don't know how to do it because I have lost all of my information on how I made my Bitcoins, most of the Bitcoins I made were on now defunct exchanges, so who the hell knows now how many trades I did? If a person wants to have their Bitcoins taxed it is honestly a nightmare because I lost most of the information to back it up.

Still am. I legally avoid income taxes by living outside the US. As for taxes on my bitcoins....ya, sure I'm keeping track of all of that because I love the IRS and think the US deserves as much of my money as they can get. I follow all US regulations and tax laws to the letter(to the agents that might read this thread).
Activity: 966
Merit: 501

Activity: 357
Merit: 130
I use Takeaway.com weekly and I have used 3 different Indians from there. Unfortunately for some reason my favorite one has been removed (maybe they didn't pay their bill). Anyway, I ended up ordering from my second favorite and they got my order wrong again Sad
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
In the Mike Hearn interview, he said something interesting. {In the northern hemisphere the Bitcoin use seem to decrease when it's warm outside, and the price might increase as the colder weather come in}  -  [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JmvkyQyD8w ]

This explains a lot ... People tend to stay indoor and they order takeout.

The most expensive food, I will buy for now, would be a cup of coffee.. {That cup of coffee might still be the most expensive coffee I have ever bought}

But, what the hell... we only live once.  Cool 
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
Like you have done there with your email to them that is what we all need to do if we want bitcoin to be taken by all different merchants, my local takeaway now has the option to pay in bitcoin after my constant annoyance of them every time I went in, do we accept bitcoin yet boss? NO! Shame on you  Cheesy  More people keep telling these places this is what we want and this is what we will get, the customer is always right.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
I use http://www.takeaway.com for ordering food sometimes, lately once every Saturday when hanging out with friends.

Being in Germany they redirect me to a local service (lieferservice). On Saturday I went to order something but found no bitcoin payment option to pay.

I checked again today and saw that it was not available for other restaurants so I sent the site an e-mail to ask about it and this was their response:

thank you for your message.

Since the companies lieferando and lieferservice became one, we just used the pay options from lieferando.

There are a lot of people complaining, thats why we are planing to put the bitcoin payment function back in our system.

I dont knowm how long this will take, so i please you to wait a little.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Nadine

Glad to see that Germans are using it and willing to e-mail the company when the option is not available.

I am looking forward to eventually having full-time income in Bitcoin, since I will be able to SPEND many of them on services like takeaway.
The future is very bright, even though it takes time for the light to shine.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Are you still living 100% on Bitcoin? I remember the thread and it was pretty important. Are you avoiding 100% of taxes? how are you dealing with the taxes? I don't know how to do it because I have lost all of my information on how I made my Bitcoins, most of the Bitcoins I made were on now defunct exchanges, so who the hell knows now how many trades I did? If a person wants to have their Bitcoins taxed it is honestly a nightmare because I lost most of the information to back it up.

well if you bought thing wi those, bitcoin you should remember at least that, you should still have the receipt at least, or you can in the worst case just remember the price of those thing, then declares an estimateand add a bit more to it

the real obstacle is providing the source of those money, you need to give the proof that those money come actually, from bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
This site looks awesome.  I suppose I will have to wait a very long time before they expand to the usa Smiley

There is a US site:

http://www.takeaway.com

When I go to that site it allows me to choose the German site.

Edit: My bad, I thought it was a US site. It's a UK site that redirects me.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I use http://www.takeaway.com for ordering food sometimes, lately once every Saturday when hanging out with friends.

Being in Germany they redirect me to a local service (lieferservice). On Saturday I went to order something but found no bitcoin payment option to pay.

I checked again today and saw that it was not available for other restaurants so I sent the site an e-mail to ask about it and this was their response:

Since the companies lieferando and lieferservice became one, we just used the pay options from lieferando.

There are a lot of people complaining, thats why we are planing to put the bitcoin payment function back in our system.

I dont knowm how long this will take, so i please you to wait a little.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Nadine

Glad to see that Germans are using it and willing to e-mail the company when the option is not available.

Yes that's too bad. I think the company got sold to Lieferando and they don't accept bitcoins anymore. Source:

Lieferservice.de und Lieferando.de sind jetzt eins!

We should contact customer support Smiley
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I can't help but think that the people who use this site are going to end up beling like the guy who bought the million dollar pizza  Cheesy. I support anyone who uses bitcoin to buy things though especially pizza.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
This site looks awesome.  I suppose I will have to wait a very long time before they expand to the usa Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
This seems like a very amazing service... I wonder if they have plans to expand further in Europe.

As for complaining about not having Bitcoin as payment method, so far I haven't been well received when I complained, but I'm confident things will change very soon.

100%.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
This seems like a very amazing service... I wonder if they have plans to expand further in Europe.

As for complaining about not having Bitcoin as payment method, so far I haven't been well received when I complained, but I'm confident things will change very soon.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
That's a good news if they really put the bitcoin payment in their service. I hope it may be able in my country soon.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust

Since the companies lieferando and lieferservice became one, we just used the pay options from

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Nadine

Grüß dich Elwar  Wink

maybe it could work when we use

http://de.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/38x2l3/used_magic_for_the_first_time_yesterday_it_was/

or

http://www.gobutlernow.com/

i will try it out in some days.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I used Takeaway.com to order in the UK and it accepts bitcoin. It's a shame JustEat and HungryHouse don't accept it yet because they're the biggest two.
Pages:
Jump to: