Author

Topic: 💥SOLARIS XLR💥100% PoS + Masternodes ⚡Zerocoin⚡txbit.io in development - page 201. (Read 308915 times)

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
posted on tweets from Dev

This coming Friday, Dec 8th we will unveil our brand new website. A fresh look for #Solaris to mark the finish of Nist5 network and upcoming #Zerocoin #zXLR implementation ! #masternode #Xevan $XLR  Smiley Smiley Smiley
WOW! Excellent news!

Yes this is great news and everyone who is on Twitter should share it around to reach as many people as possible. The community is growing daily here with many people now supporting Solaris. Over 300 masternodes currently running which is great to see and this is only going to grow as we head into 2018. This will also have an effect on the circulating supply and price as more coins are locked into masternodes. Solaris is looking good for 2018 and I'm glad to be apart of this great coin and community.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Ow ah! you guys heard? Nicehash Hacked. 60+ million Gone! 

I was also thinking about this.

How they can be hacked. First you have to know on which IP address is wallet? How they know that?

Second, you need a private key for sending coins from locked wallet. How did they get it?

And then main question, how we can protect our self?
Will the 170k from the old chain be burned after today?
Of course coins will be burnt after today.

But the coins that will be burnt is not the 170k from the old chain as you are asking.
It is the remainder of the premine from the new chain which will be burnt because they werent swaped for.

But then some block explorers are on wrong chain?

And what are exchanges doing to be sure that theirs wallets are on the right chain and not on fork?
They can't be 100% sure, but what are they doing to reduce the chance to minimal level?
One thing you must understand is that forks happen everyday even on the biggest blockchain including the bitcoin blockchain.
In the end the most important thing is that the longest chain is the original chain.
In fact any upgrade to any coin wallet at all is a fork on its own no matter how minute the change in the upgrade is.

What determines the longest chain is basically miners and full nodes.
When most of them are on a particular chain it becomes the original/longest chain.

The best way to avoid splitting chains is to make sure that you have correct addnodes(full node holders address) and for mining to be more decentralised.
Because like I said earlier chain splits happen everyday but it will never be a problem unless a miner or a group of miners with sufficient hashpower decide to continue mining on the splitted chain in which case it becomes a new coin that has to be given a different name.

As a rule of thumb, we say that it is expedient for every exchange or wallet or whatever that stores Solaris to avoid deposits and withdrawals a few hours before and after an upgrade.

This is to as you said reduce the chance of double spending either against you or at someone elses' expense

Thank you.
Conclusion? Watch on updates and have always correct nodes.
But how to know which one are correct and true for most of the time?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

Wtf!!
4,736.42 BTC

I was having about 0.03 BTC at nicehash, I was mining MonacoCoin using their powers.  I think they are able to return such big amount with their huge fees, so I don't worry about
Activity: 238

This coming Friday, Dec 8th we will unveil our brand new website. A fresh look for #Solaris to mark the finish of Nist5 network and upcoming #Zerocoin #zXLR implementation ! #masternode #Xevan $XLR  Smiley Smiley Smiley
WOW! Excellent news!
Wait more details from Dev

WOW! Excellent news!
Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Activity: 112

Wtf!!
4,736.42 BTC

Holy cow!! That's huge money (well, for me at least). Glad i decided some months ago not to use nicehash on my small rig, but rather manually select coins to mine.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I only had about $5.50 in there. I have been mining Solaris the past few weeks. Thank Goodness.
Activity: 385
Merit: 257
Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

Wtf!!
4,736.42 BTC
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Activity: 185

But the coins that will be burnt is not the 170k from the old chain as you are asking.
It is the remainder of the premine from the new chain which will be burnt because they werent swaped for.

And what are exchanges doing to be sure that theirs wallets are on the right chain and not on fork?
They can't be 100% sure, but what are they doing to reduce the chance to minimal level?
One thing you must understand is that forks happen everyday even on the biggest blockchain including the bitcoin blockchain.
In the end the most important thing is that the longest chain is the original chain.
In fact any upgrade to any coin wallet at all is a fork on its own no matter how minute the change in the upgrade is.

When most of them are on a particular chain it becomes the original/longest chain.

The best way to avoid splitting chains is to make sure that you have correct addnodes(full node holders address) and for mining to be more decentralised.
Because like I said earlier chain splits happen everyday but it will never be a problem unless a miner or a group of miners with sufficient hashpower decide to continue mining on the splitted chain in which case it becomes a new coin that has to be given a different name.

As a rule of thumb, we say that it is expedient for every exchange or wallet or whatever that stores Solaris to avoid deposits and withdrawals a few hours before and after an upgrade.

This is to as you said reduce the chance of double spending either against you or at someone elses' expense

thnx for the explanation.
Activity: 385
Merit: 257
Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Livecoin is a small exchange. Solaris is already listed on cryptopia which is also a small exchange compared to bittrex. If we choose to bring the coin to another exchange it should be something bigger than livecoin. And we have to keep in mind that the coin might be listed somewhere, but that doesn't help to build a strong community. A smoother working wallet and more community building is what we need right now. Both are vital to further success and helpful for any plans regarding being listed on another exchange.

Correct but being listed on large exchanges can help attract a lot of capital flowing into Solaris. It's just better for investors to have a smooth entry and exit point. And as you said expanding the community should be top priority.
Lol old chain is still alive  Grin

maybe you are right old chain is still alive .
I don't know
but why need old chain when you can not swap too new one anymore
so in my eyes old chain is gone

old chain is gone that is new chain ,just look at blocks number and compare it is same and look at Value Out 2 XLR and miner share .6666 XLR for MasterNode  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Looks nice though I haven't bought enough for a MN yet.
Hope the price will rise not so fast)
Activity: 142

I don't know

old chain is gone that is new chain ,just look at blocks number and compare it is same and look at Value Out 2 XLR and miner share .6666 XLR for MasterNode  Smiley Smiley Smiley

good question but I believe there is only one block explorer right now or am I wrong .
and about the exchanges gladly we don't have not many exchanges on this moment and the fork is behind use.
almost everything went back too normal and everything is on the right chain .
I believe only miningpool was on the wrong chain and coinmarkets and now
only waiting for coinmarkets.com too get back on track .

but still interested how is a fork possible ?
how does that work

I don't know

Jump to: