Pages:
Author

Topic: Sold 0.008 btc for over 11,000 USD at mtgox [Updated] - page 3. (Read 10820 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Dwolla has stated up front from when I first heard about them that ACH chargebacks were possible.

... and yet all their marketing stuff says the opposite. Landing them firmly in the bullshit, "as seen on TV" category.

I don't have a problem with chargebacks, or anything Dwolla has done. I actually like the service, and I still use it (sparingly). But you have to call bullshit when you see it.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
huh, since when are bitcoins $137500?

Either you're referring to the one  like 1 hour ago or you meant like 10 years later Grin
Activity: 812
Merit: 1022
No Maps for These Territories
huh, since when are bitcoins $137500?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Dwolla has stated up front from when I first heard about them that ACH chargebacks were possible.
Oh yes, Paypal is so much better when it comes to chargebacks. /sarcasm

Paypal is what it is - everyone using it now should fully comprehend that until you get your money safely into a real banka ccount it it's not really your money... they should fully understand that Paypal is chargeback hell, particularly if you're selling "high risk" things/services.

Dwolla on the other hand claimed cash-like transactions, no chargeback concerns, etc... and it turned out to be bullshit. I'm almost willing to bet that the 25c transactions is bullshit too. I'm wondering if it's below-cost, that they're operating on venture capital and that they're just hoping to reach critical mass before the VC runs out and they have to up their charges.

Note that some parts of their site still say "no chargeback concerns" yet their support/PR people will happily tell you they've always had a process for filing disputes. Until they do something to demonstrate that their marketing hasn't been 100% bullshit, I'm not going to waste my time implementing their payment system into my billing system, though I do still use them for turning BTC into USD.
I doubt it's only me have a negative balance. I curious about how the reputation of mtgox and dwolla will go after this issue.

mtGox? I don't know. Dwolla has called me personally and listened to my concerns and desire for features, I'm fairly confident about their future.

And yet everyone loves Dwolla but hates Paypal.

Oh yes, Paypal is so much better when it comes to chargebacks. /sarcasm
legendary
should have used liberty reserve Tongue

+1 Tongue But the problem is LR is currently on hold on mtgox due to outage of lr funds. That sucks  Cry
Anyhow, prepare for another rollback  Cry
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Dwolla doesn't do chargebacks...you can't reverse the transaction.

Someone doesn't pay attention to current events it seems. Smiley

Dwolla's marketing speak is a bunch of shit, everywhere they said "no chargeback concerns" is a lie.

And yet everyone loves Dwolla but hates Paypal.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
They do chargebacks. But he could launder the money quick and fast  Roll Eyes

I can't do that, can you teach me?

That is illegal and unless you're behind some strong proxies chances are you're gonna face the problems later. Undecided

Easy dude, I am not going anywhere.
Activity: 70
and since you are in negative you may find it impossible to withdraw any bitcoins you may own until you put your account into green again
should have used liberty reserve Tongue

Considering they seem to have a very close relationship, my guess is that anyone with a negative balance is going to see a reversal.

I doubt it's only me have a negative balance. I curious about how the reputation of mtgox and dwolla will go after this issue.
legendary

That is illegal and unless you're behind some strong proxies chances are you're gonna face the problems later. Undecided

Considering they seem to have a very close relationship, my guess is that anyone with a negative balance is going to see a reversal.
i believe that legally he should be able to keep the money

he sold bitcoins and got the money

legendary
Prolly the last money transferring system without chargebacks are LR  Undecided

Someone doesn't pay attention to current events it seems. Smiley

Dwolla's marketing speak is a bunch of shit, everywhere they said "no chargeback concerns" is a lie.
legendary
Of course mtGox will charge back the money. He has six months to do so. If you spend it, you are on the hook. I would highly suggest leaving it where it is so it goes smoothly for Dwolla.

He is chinese name. If he is in china, you have to spend at least 10k usd to got him.

I do live in China, and if Mtgox cancel my LR withdraw which still in progress, I have to give the money back.
Pages:
Jump to: