Pages:
Author

Topic: !!! [SOLD ~300 Bitcoins] 2007 PORSCHE CAYMAN S - 8200 MILES !!! - page 3. (Read 45777 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Awesome dude...congrats.

...wonders if they pay for interviews.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
The Porsche sold today for ~300 Bitcoins! If this isn't proof that Bitcoin is a legitimate currency, then I don't know what is. The buyer purchased his initial Bitcoin investment at around $4 a piece so they got an amazing deal. I'm not sure if this is the single largest item sold for BTC, but I can guarantee it's the first $40,000 vehicle sold for ~300 BTC. The buyer wishes to remain anonymous, but I've asked a bitpay representative to come and post in this thread to confirm the transaction occurred.

Help me spread the word, upvote the story on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/tb/1bkhjp

Submit to as many news agencies as you please, Bitcoin is here to stay!
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Unless you guess want to keep this private, I would record the handing over of the keys and post it for the world to see.
Activity: 196
This will be huge.
Activity: 557
Merit: 500
Congrats CB - hope BTC doubles for ya.  Wait until the media runs with this....
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
legendary
Sold! I'll post an update soon.
For Bitcoins??

Yes, the transaction is occurring this evening and assuming the deal does not fall through I'll mark the item as sold.

I'm thinking this should be big news for bitcoin, I'll post on reddit after the sale, something along the lines of "Porsche Cayman S sold for 3xx BTC". Anyone have any ideas on which news organizations to submit to? I recently noticed a man putting his shanty up for BTC in Canada making the rounds, surely this is more interesting?!
Activity: 140
1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ
Second that. It's crazy to think nobody bought it before now. The seller was smart to challenge buyers with a switch to a fixed-BTC price tomorrow.

In the long run, Bitcoin needs more sellers to switch to a fixed-BTC price instead of an exchange rate. It strengthens the value of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
legendary
Sold! I'll post an update soon.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
This is very interesting. Buying a car for bitcoins.
legendary
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
He's just trying to light a fire under someone's arse.  Good on ya.
legendary
Merit: 1005
355 BTC right now. Pretty amazing, but it seems all potential buyers are waiting indefinitely for a higher exchange rate. Today is the last day to purchase at market rate, I'll be moving to a static pricing model tomorrow morning. Barring a dramatic shift in value, tomorrow's BTC price will be 400 BTC.
Are you expecting BTC value to drop then?  Or just not interested in selling for BTC anymore?
legendary
355 BTC right now. Pretty amazing, but it seems all potential buyers are waiting indefinitely for a higher exchange rate. Today is the last day to purchase at market rate, I'll be moving to a static pricing model tomorrow morning. Barring a dramatic shift in value, tomorrow's BTC price will be 400 BTC.
Activity: 784
bitcoin hundred-aire
wow, only 376 BTC, someone's gonna take it soon
legendary
I've added a picture of the vehicle cover included with sale. There are currently 3 buyers interested in picking up the car soon. All are waiting for BTC to hit a certain price before they pull the trigger. I will be selling to the first buyer that can make it down to Austin who's willing to pay the current BTC market value.
legendary

Automatic?

The last thing I need is a porsche, but I'll bid 235 coins. If anyone wants to step in front of me, please do.

If it gets close, I'll put up 20 coins in earnest money, and you can do the same to complete the deal. As long as the title is clear and there isn't a raccoon living in the backseat, I'll find a way to get it home.

Automatic with TIPS control. Pristine condition, low miles, multiple upgrades, clean title, no vermin calling it home.
legendary
Activity: 965
I like the license plate idea, please don't put a sticker on this car!
LOL that was my thought as well. Whoever puts a bumper sticker on this car deserves to be shot.

Not everyone has the option for such a number plate...over here, the sticker is more or less the only option...  Sad

legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001

Automatic?

The last thing I need is a porsche, but I'll bid 235 coins. If anyone wants to step in front of me, please do.

If it gets close, I'll put up 20 coins in earnest money, and you can do the same to complete the deal. As long as the title is clear and there isn't a raccoon living in the backseat, I'll find a way to get it home.

Pages:
Jump to: