Pages:
Author

Topic: SOLD OUT! f*D's SETS of Ethereum: Frontier 5" Bars and Homestead 2" Coins - page 4. (Read 5811 times)

legendary
Activity: 1252
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
Is it worth also making a option for the velvet case option to fit casascius bars .... (I never found a case for those ones)

There would definately be a market for those .... may also help get the FBD velvet case going as well (ie greater volume / leverage with the manufacturer)

If you did .... I will buy one of each of your new bars, and a case for each, plus 5 cases that would fit the casacius bars

You know you want to  Cheesy
(if you dont, PM me about where you can get these made ..... as I would happily run with it for the Cas cases)

How big are the Casas. bars?? They seem large in the pictures I have seen. At least bigger than the f*D ones.
Thanks

From a quick measurement
Cas bars are ...
79mm long
40mm wide
6mm high

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
I would buy 4 cases, since the F*D Bitcoin bars should be the same size
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Curious if anyone found a suitable case for these? As I mentioned, I have the velvet box option (which would also fit the Bitcoin bars) but they are a bit pricey ~$7 each and would have to make a group buy...
I wouldn't mind paying that, but my willingness to purchase it depends on how much shipping would be. Tongue

I'd be interested in a group buy, as well Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1252
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
Is it worth also making a option for the velvet case option to fit casascius bars .... (I never found a case for those ones)

There would definately be a market for those .... may also help get the FBD velvet case going as well (ie greater volume / leverage with the manufacturer)

If you did .... I will buy one of each of your new bars, and a case for each, plus 5 cases that would fit the casacius bars

You know you want to  Cheesy
(if you dont, PM me about where you can get these made ..... as I would happily run with it for the Cas cases)
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
Curious if anyone found a suitable case for these? As I mentioned, I have the velvet box option (which would also fit the Bitcoin bars) but they are a bit pricey ~$7 each and would have to make a group buy...

Do you have a demo picture??

Thanks

I'd like to see the demo picture as well.   Grin
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
I wouldn't mind paying that, but my willingness to purchase it depends on how much shipping would be. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022
legendary
The first handful of orders should be delivering today  Grin

The bars look amazing. Another fine f*D production!!!  Cheesy

Nice addition to your collection there minerjones!
legendary
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
Does anyone attach the hologram for "looks" rather than actually loading the bar??
Kind of like the one in the OP.

Yesterday I used a Ethereum address generator to make QR codes and put the holos over the private keys.  I'm not funding them.  I prefer my DIY to look complete with the holos even if I don't fund them.

Do you feel that this adds to the overall value/resale of a coin/bar??
and
Would you pay more a coin if it was assembled properly (unloaded) vs. DIY un-assembled??

Thanks

Personally I prefer a coin or bar that has been assembled.  I collect rather than store btc so I don't need wallets to store btc personally.  I don't think it adds value but just looks better assembled if it came originally as a diy.

I would pay more to have it assembled, since it takes some hassle out of doing it myself.

I know others prefer these as diy, but for me, I may be the minority.
legendary
A nice thing with this production line is that you can assemble the bar for a completed look and still have the extra hologram should you decide to load or reload in the future.
legendary
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
Does anyone attach the hologram for "looks" rather than actually loading the bar??
Kind of like the one in the OP.

Yesterday I used a Ethereum address generator to make QR codes and put the holos over the private keys.  I'm not funding them.  I prefer my DIY to look complete with the holos even if I don't fund them.
legendary
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
Looking good, can't wait to get mine.   Wink
legendary
The first handful of orders should be delivering today  Grin
legendary
Thanks for the answer. Do you offer the service of doing the private key for this or not?

I am not opposed to doing this as a one off request, just PM me.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the answer. Do you offer the service of doing the private key for this or not?
legendary
So are these bars somehow loadable with Ether? I am not sure how Ether works anyway so maybe its a stupid question.

Very good question gravitate! Yes, these are loadable. Ether operates similarly to Bitcoin in that it has a private key for an address. Once you load funds to an address, you would simply print out the private key on a 3/4" circle template, cut the circle out, place it in the indented 3/4" area of the bar and finally cover it up with the tamper resistant hologram. To redeem the funds the hologram must be removed to expose the private key which can then be imported into the Ether wallet.

Here is an address / private key generation tool I located from a Google search that could be useful:
https://ryepdx.github.io/ethaddress.org/#/
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
So are these bars somehow loadable with Ether? I am not sure how Ether works anyway so maybe its a stupid question.
legendary
First 20 sets are gone, 80 sets left in inventory until the 'Stage 1: Frontier' commemorative batch is sold out.

legendary
Image posted to OP. Shipping begins tomorrow for paid orders.
Pages:
Jump to: