Pages:
Author

Topic: [SOLD OUT] NEW USB MINER - 5 Gh/s NANO FURY II USB MINER, **$39.00** - page 4. (Read 21262 times)

vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
OP updated with a new link for bfgminer and a new link for revised start up instructions.

good catch with the bfgminer stuff - seems the multi-chip support was added after 3.10 was released (so for now it's the development head/trunk version until 3.11 is released)
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
OP updated with a new link for bfgminer and a new link for revised start up instructions.
legendary
I ordered one on Saturday morning.  It shipped Saturday afternoon.  It arrived here today and is mining now.

The hardest part was waiting for the raspberry pi to build a modern version of bfgminer to support the NF.

I love it when a plan comes together!
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
I ordered one on Saturday morning.  It shipped Saturday afternoon.  It arrived here today and is mining now.

The hardest part was waiting for the raspberry pi to build a modern version of bfgminer to support the NF.
vs3

Oh - and by the way - NO COMM PORTS to worry about - NanoFury does not use serial/COM ports at all ;-)

nice! that is how it should be really...

agreed Smiley

Given how easy it is to set it up without COM ports .. I'm actually wondering why isn't everyone using this option ... oh well ..
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
OP updated with website address for faster ordering.
Accepts: Credit Cards, PayPal and BTC.

I ordered 2 from your webstore order number 1003

2 for 156   I paid with paypal.  I am looking forward to the newer nf6 chip
Thanks!  They will ship on Monday. Which is starting to look like a busy day for our local PO.

looking forward to the  testing of them.
legendary

Thanks!  They will ship on Monday. Which is starting to look like a busy day for our local PO.
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
legendary

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats

Oh - and by the way - NO COMM PORTS to worry about - NanoFury does not use serial/COM ports at all ;-)

nice! that is how it should be really...
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
I have 3 of klintay's 19 port hubs ,

I can run 16x   1 chip nano ice furies on each of  them at  freq  54 .

I get about 2.5-2.6 a stick.   I am philipma1957's second account

I don't have access to it on this pc.

Back to my other pc.  nano fury run great and I hope the new hub can run a lot of them

From personal experience I know you can populate all ports with NF1 and they will be stable.
legendary

Back to my other pc.  nano fury run great and I hope the new hub can run a lot of them
vs3
This new hub from Dipo Electron can take up to 49 because it is powered by ATX PSU and has 40A:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/in-stock-professional-eyeboot-49-port-usb-hubs-150-usd-528371

Of course there is COM port limitation so make sure you use regedit to clear all your COM ports first  Cheesy

klintay - that does look nice!

Activity: 355
Merit: 276

legendary
I will be placing an order for this new 49 port hub tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
This new hub from Dipo Electron can take up to 49 because it is powered by ATX PSU and has 40A:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/in-stock-professional-eyeboot-49-port-usb-hubs-150-usd-528371

Of course there is COM port limitation so make sure you use regedit to clear all your COM ports first  Cheesy
vs3
49 port hub - I staggered 18 across the holes.  When I try to put in the 19th it installs with an error.  So I'm not sure if that is because the USB port on the pc is maxed or the hub is.  I am thinking the pc.

I have used an old Anchor hub and a Juiced hub, but any powered hub will work.  The more amps, the more you can run at greater speeds.  They will run on 2.0 hubs, but if you are acquiring new I recommend the 3.0 hubs since they typically have more power.

Will look up those hubs... Running RaspberryPi so USB is out of the question (I enjoyed my Anker 9-port USB3.0 while I was mining with a laptop before though)...

You might be able to salvage the RasPI option - there are plenty of (powered!) USB2 hubs that can do the job.

Swimmer63 already posted a link to the thread reviewing the various hubs - I highly recommend browsing through it.

For example - here is my latest note there with some observations about a good (USB2) hub and a not so good one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5717301
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
49 port hub - I staggered 18 across the holes.  When I try to put in the 19th it installs with an error.  So I'm not sure if that is because the USB port on the pc is maxed or the hub is.  I am thinking the pc.

I have used an old Anchor hub and a Juiced hub, but any powered hub will work.  The more amps, the more you can run at greater speeds.  They will run on 2.0 hubs, but if you are acquiring new I recommend the 3.0 hubs since they typically have more power.

Will look up those hubs... Running RaspberryPi so USB is out of the question (I enjoyed my Anker 9-port USB3.0 while I was mining with a laptop before though)...
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: